Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

What is happening to Neal?

Well, he's been away from Malkin for the better part of the playoffs... the other thing is, he scores most of his goals finding soft spots in the slot and getting shots off, and in the playoffs, you just have a tad less time and space, so it hurts him. Plus he's a goal scorer, so he's naturally streaky.

He's always taken stupid penalties though, that part of his game is consistent.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Pittsburgh threw everything they could at the rangers in the third period. There were some pretty terrible non calls in the last 5 minutes

This game is going the way I hoped/expected this series to go. Expected the Pens to have a possession edge, but NYR has the better goalie, so they should be close games. X-factor is the Pens defensive breakdowns. Hoping they can avoid them for 10 more minutes.

Bingo.

Maybe it's too soon for me but I didn't get much from that picture.

Obviously Byslma's gone but Shero too? Other than a couple good trades what has he really done?

I don't see them as having any obvious UFA's to bring back either.

Niskanen coming off a huge year is going to demand a pretty hefty contract...I would think he could get $4.5 to $5 million times 4 or 5 years...no?

The core of the team is signed like till eternity, so not much movement will happen at top..I dont see them pulling off a blockbuster trade to move one of Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Kunitz, Letang or Fleury...

Those guys weren't the problem anyways. I think upgrading Orpik would be useful. It would be nice to get better than average goaltending, but thus not an easy position to upgrade.

Filling out the bottom 6 with good possession players would be my goal.

I cringe every time I look at the salary chart and see that we have Adams signed for another year.

Also a healthy Dupuis would have made a big difference. Though they maybe don't make the Stempniak trade in that case, but if they had, you get a lot better looking third line, IMO.

Is Glass a UFA? Get rid of him.

I'd like to see Shero stay but philosophy needs to change. They desperately need to start building from within.

I kept repeating to myself "Arp knows best" over and over but it is not helping

Nervous as hell

See, no need to be. Just keep remembering what I said, and use it like a warm blanket at those times you need to feel safe and secure. We got this Johnny!

Kypreos reporting that Mike Keenan is an option in Pittsburgh...Thats interesting..

He just won the KHL title, and we all know how hard Russian players are to coach...Maybe a possibility?

no

but oh the fun he would have with pulling Fleury 3 minutes into a game...

I want to see Stempniak and Niskanen return. Gibbons would be nice as well (I heard he's a UFA as well -something about him being acquired late out of college) but anyone else that's UFA I really am not concerned about. I'd like to see Shero stay, and I'd like to see Jacque Martin either stick around or take over, although I don't see it happening. I do NOT want to see Tortorella or Keenan take over.

It hurts less today than I thought it would, but man it was depressing to see their season end in person.

I also agree about Stempniak. I thought he fit in quite well. He's also a guy I'd like on the 3rd line. Something like Jussi/Sutter (or Kesler!)/Stempniak...

Some sort of top 9 of

Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, Jokinen, Stempniak, Bennett, Sutter... ? I think you need to upgrade one piece in there, though. Either a far better 3rd line center, or a better top line winger.