• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

The Penguins actually had 51.1% 5 on 5 CLOSE CORSI.

Close is defined as "situations where the score is tied in any period or within one goal in the first or second periods. This does a pretty good job of removing score effects, which are the result of a team going into a defensive shell or going all-out to score a goal. Close numbers have proven to be a better predictor of future results in some instances than numbers from all game situations."

It was only 25.2 of the 60 minutes, however.

That's encouraging, at least.

Penguins have 68.9% of all the corsis at even strength through 2.

That's ridiculous. I'm watching the game and I don't see them being that dominant. Rangers block a ton, ton, ton of shots, though. Pens have missed a few prime chances, as well.

Brutal. Pens were on the right track when they made it 2-1, but then it fell apart again.

Not the best performance by Fleury, but certainly not his fault they lost. Rangers were the better team from start to finish.

Going to be a tough game 6 on the road on Sunday.

This team needs to shoot the ****ing puck on the power play. Jesus Christ. So many ****ing passes from the ****ing slot.

Or not break so many sticks

That was pretty stupid. I've never seen that called a slew foot before though, there's usually an arm involved going back the other way. Obviously he'll get nothing, though, either way.

What do you think Crosby would have to do to be suspended before a game 7? Murder? It's probably murder.

Zuccarello did the exact same thing to Scuderi right in front of the pens net and got called for it. I saw this in real time and said exactly that but never saw the replay till now. Other thing I can say in Crosby's defense is that Girardi saw him coming and made no attempt to get out of the way. He didn't have to but could of. I don't think it was anything more than a missed trip like Zuccarello got.

There's lot of finger pointing going on right now but Crosby is at the top of my list. Have to think he's hurt or something but he's had seriously 1 or 2 good games out of the 12 playoffs games and 1 goal simply doesn't cut it. He doesn't have to necessarily score points to be a factor (see game 2) but he can't be doing that and other stupid shit.

Part of me just wants it to be over because I'm more interested in the fallout then seeing them get crushed against Montreal/Boston. With this team though they've shown flashes that make them real contenders but they just as likely to lay eggs as they've done the last 2 games.

Last night was his worst game, certainly, but he's been a factor in almost every other game. His 61.6% 5 on 5 Corsi Close is good for third in the NHL, slightly behind two Bruins, and slightly ahead of Malkin. His 97.9% PDO explains a lot as well, as it means the team's shooting percentage while he's on the ice is abnormally low.

I know we want the scoring and ultimately that's all that matters, but he's been a positive factor in basically every other game he's played this post season, so he's the last player I'd out any blame on.

Sorry but you're flat out wrong here. Being a positive factor simply isn't enough for the best player in the world. That stats are nice to refer to but how many bad decisions get factored into them?

This team needs to shoot the ****ing puck on the power play. Jesus Christ. So many ****ing passes from the ****ing slot.

Sound familiar? I can't help but think you are at least partially referring to Crosby. Pens have scored 1 power play goal and none since game 2. With all the talk of the Ranger's horrible PP who would have thought they'd have the better numbers at this point. It certainly helps with all the dumb penalties pens have taken. Last night they lose their cool at the end of the 2nd and start the 3rd down 2 goals and on a pk with Crosby/Kunitz in the box. They kill it and have a decent shift with 87/71/18 but then Neal takes an offensive zone penalty.

After that they basically looked they were resigned to fact that they would be a game 7.

Yeah, Crosby has been among the non-shooters, and I already conceded last night was his worst game.

I'm just saying, he's not THE problem. I'd look elsewhere first.

Yeah, Crosby has been among the non-shooters, and I already conceded last night was his worst game.

I'm just saying, he's not THE problem. I'd look elsewhere first.

Honest question.

You say Crosby isn't the problem. You say Fleury isn't the problem. Your Corsi stats indicate they are doing well. So what is the problem?

Well, they are one of the final 8 teams remaining in the league. They are 1 win away from being in the final four. Maybe there is no problem? They are one of several very good teams in the league, but only 1 team wins the championship.

Well, they are one of the final 8 teams remaining in the league. They are 1 win away from being in the final four. Maybe there is no problem? They are one of several very good teams in the league, but only 1 team wins the championship.

Ya I agree. But the comments in the thread are like they lost.

I think pens fans are spoiled a bit

Honest question.

You say Crosby isn't the problem. You say Fleury isn't the problem. Your Corsi stats indicate they are doing well. So what is the problem?

Well, this team doesn't have the depth to win the Cup, I don't think. I still hope they do, but I really don't like their bottom 4 or 5 forwards. Putting Malkin and Crosby together only makes them shallower too, IMO. With that, I guess the blame is on Shero and Bylsma. I don't know who to blame for the Jekyll/Hyde type performances though, where one day they dominate and the next they're completely disinterested. Coaching? Leadership?

Ya I agree. But the comments in the thread are like they lost.

I think pens fans are spoiled a bit

Yeah dude, this drives me bananas. All summer we talked about how much of a failure last season was. Sure they got swept, and performed poorly, but they made the conference finals...

This year, I think it's probably not good if they don't make the conference finals, though, that should be about what was expected of them given the crappiness of the East and the separation between the Pens and the rest of their division. I mostly don't want the Pens to lose tomorrow so I can avoid hearing all this bullshit all summer again. LOL.

Absolutely we're spoiled but it's hard to not expect more from a team with the talent they have. We can't expect them to win the cup every year but their seasons have ended rather spectacularly since winning the cup.

2010 - Lost to an underdog Montreal team

2011 - Lost a series to the Lightning after being up 3-1 1 and had game 7 at home.

2012 - Philly debacle.

2013 - Best playoffs since the 09 cup run but still got swept by the Bruins and were beaten pretty soundly in each of the games.

There's no way to expect every player to be on his game every night and certainly they aren't going to go 16-0 in the playoffs. It's not even that they've lost games 5 and 6 but it's how the effort just simply wasn't there. An argument could be made that Brian f'n Gibbons was their best player last night and that's pathetic.

Crosby's the captain and with that comes more credit then he probably deserves and the same goes for blame. He's not alone as being "the problem" but he's at the top of my list. Close behind him are Neal and Kunitz.

I'm never going to be the guy starting chants in the crowd but I'm also not the guy heckling. I call it as I see it and whether or not it's reasonable to want more that's what I'm going to do.

Maybe I'm just a bad fan.