Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Mario and Shero are apparently meeting with Jagr today.I want this to happen, just for nostalgia's sake. He DID tear it up at the WCs against NHL caliber teams. He could be a 50 point guy, maybe? He's a bit slow, so I'd like him on Geno's like, if he does sign. Geno tends to slow things down much more than Sid. Jagr is all about puck possession though, so I think he'd fit into Bylsma's system just fine. He's an absolute beast on the boards.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Mario and Shero are apparently meeting with Jagr today.I want this to happen, just for nostalgia's sake. He DID tear it up at the WCs against NHL caliber teams. He could be a 50 point guy, maybe? He's a bit slow, so I'd like him on Geno's like, if he does sign. Geno tends to slow things down much more than Sid. Jagr is all about puck possession though, so I think he'd fit into Bylsma's system just fine. He's an absolute beast on the boards.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm too lazy to look it up but didn't the Pens Power Play suck ? Jagr still has great hands and size and he should help on the PP at the least.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm too lazy to look it up but didn't the Pens Power Play suck ? Jagr still has great hands and size and he should help on the PP at the least.
great point.
Yup, very much. Meant to mention that.

Per Dreger

I'm told chances aren't good Max Talbot re-signs in Pittsburgh. UFA market should give him plenty of options.
1702958582_small.jpgbig_max20talbot01.jpgThanks for game 7.

I heard he turned down a 3-year deal. He's not worth as much as he made last year, so I imagine the Pens low-balled him and gave him an extra year as compensation. He'll make some money on July 1st, and good for him. Will miss him, but the Pens don't really need him.

I heard he turned down a 3-year deal. He's not worth as much as he made last year, so I imagine the Pens low-balled him and gave him an extra year as compensation. He'll make some money on July 1st, and good for him. Will miss him, but the Pens don't really need him.
Good luck to him. He was huge in the 09 cup run. blog%20shirt%20front1.JPG

Wacky yet semi possible scenario:With the rumours that Eklund is throwing out there about Malkin to Toronto rumours, is this possible.Malkin is traded to Toronto and then is replaced by Brad Richards. Malkin has stock has fallen over the last couple of years, mainly due to his injuries. While he was in the conversation of one of the top 3 players in the game a few years ago, that isnt around any more.He is still a great talent, however he is making a ton of money..Russian players are essentially becoming non existent in the NHL and maybe the Pens are ready to move on.Brad Richards fits in with the Penguin organization. Hard working Canadian boy from the east coast much like the face of the franchise Sidney Crosby.To acquire Malkin from Pittsburgh what would it take:Well i think with the question mark with injuries and coming off major surgery the price to acquire him wont be as high as a couple of years ago.Would a package include Kulemin? I would think it wouldnt make sense as Kulemin and Malkin played together back in Russia and from what I have heard are good friends.Here is what I propose and please dont ridicule as we are just playing fantasy games here:Toronto gets:Evgeni Malkin $8.7 millionPittsburgh gets:Toronto 2012 first round pickColby Armstrong $3 millionNazem Kadri $1.7 millionClarke Macarthur RFA $1.5 -$2.5 millNow before the Penguin fans laugh and say thats not enough i think its fair for a player that has missed over 50 games the last couple of years.Pens would save some money off the cap..Make a good run at Brad Richards..Add a former penguin solid 3rd line player in Colby, a guy coming off a career year Macarthur who can play in the top 6...Also a first round pick and a good prospect in Nazem Kadri.The Leafs get their number one centre without giving up a top 4 dman and Kulemin or Grabovski.Again this is just for fun and throwing it out there.

Wacky yet semi possible scenario:With the rumours that Eklund is throwing out there about Malkin to Toronto rumours, is this possible.Malkin is traded to Toronto and then is replaced by Brad Richards. Malkin has stock has fallen over the last couple of years, mainly due to his injuries. While he was in the conversation of one of the top 3 players in the game a few years ago, that isnt around any more.He is still a great talent, however he is making a ton of money..Russian players are essentially becoming non existent in the NHL and maybe the Pens are ready to move on.Brad Richards fits in with the Penguin organization. Hard working Canadian boy from the east coast much like the face of the franchise Sidney Crosby.To acquire Malkin from Pittsburgh what would it take:Well i think with the question mark with injuries and coming off major surgery the price to acquire him wont be as high as a couple of years ago.Would a package include Kulemin? I would think it wouldnt make sense as Kulemin and Malkin played together back in Russia and from what I have heard are good friends.Here is what I propose and please dont ridicule as we are just playing fantasy games here:Toronto gets:Evgeni Malkin $8.7 millionPittsburgh gets:Toronto 2012 first round pickColby Armstrong $3 millionNazem Kadri $1.7 millionClarke Macarthur RFA $1.5 -$2.5 millNow before the Penguin fans laugh and say thats not enough i think its fair for a player that has missed over 50 games the last couple of years.Pens would save some money off the cap..Make a good run at Brad Richards..Add a former penguin solid 3rd line player in Colby, a guy coming off a career year Macarthur who can play in the top 6...Also a first round pick and a good prospect in Nazem Kadri.The Leafs get their number one centre without giving up a top 4 dman and Kulemin or Grabovski.Again this is just for fun and throwing it out there.
One big problem I see with this is that they are not guaranteed of getting Brad Richards. You have to think there are quite a few teams after Richards.I don't think Pittsburgh fans would approve of getting that package for Malkin.Even if Pittsburgh is entertaining the idea of trading Malkin, there is no way they do it until they are certain Crosby is ready to play. Guys like Colby Armstrong and Clarke MacArthur are much easier to find then guys like Malkin. Malkin is a game-breaker.I say NO to this deal.
One big problem I see with this is that they are not guaranteed of getting Brad Richards. You have to think there are quite a few teams after Richards.I don't think Pittsburgh fans would approve of getting that package for Malkin.Even if Pittsburgh is entertaining the idea of trading Malkin, there is no way they do it until they are certain Crosby is ready to play. Guys like Colby Armstrong and Clarke MacArthur are much easier to find then guys like Malkin. Malkin is a game-breaker.I say NO to this deal.
I realize they wont approve, but as a Leafs fan I am not giving up more to get a guy like Malkin..Guys I dont want to get traded , no matter for who.SchennKuleminKesselPhaneufGrabovskiReimer
wow, the Pens would get Clarke MacArthur AND Colby Armstrong? That seems like a lot.
Ya thats because thats exactly what I wrote.
I sat at a table next to him at lunch a few weeks ago.Oh...and hi strangers! :club:
What up, where you been?