Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

This conversation reminded me of the How I Met Your Mother ep when they taped the Super Bowl to watch it the next day together. I went to grab the Youtube clip of Ted trying to get the Wings at the bar but couldn't find it and instead been watching bloopers from the show. I love bloopers.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

It's OSMHL semi-finals!We're going to be short a handful of guys too, I can't let the team down.This is why they invented PVRs.
Id do the same. btw, your playing with Biatch right? Talk about the last guy Id want to be with in your situation. I think he'll love being in that position at the end of the game.
This conversation reminded me of the How I Met Your Mother ep when they taped the Super Bowl to watch it the next day together. I went to grab the Youtube clip of Ted trying to get the Wings at the bar but couldn't find it and instead been watching bloopers from the show. I love bloopers.
You beat me, I was just about to post this:Monday_night_football_-_sensory_deprivator_1.png
It's OSMHL semi-finals!We're going to be short a handful of guys too, I can't let the team down.This is why they invented PVRs.
Of course you have to play. I however did miss my championship game so that my son can play in this championship game.

I had this stupid coaching license certificate class and the final day was during game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. I was NOT happy but couldn't miss it. I DVR'd the game and even told the entire group before the class that I was taping it, I did NOT want anyone to update the group, and please don't ruin it by even hinting. As I was leaving the class, some guy looked at his phone and started saying "if anyone wants to know about the game, the...." I cut him off with a "DON'T TELL ME!" and he finished with a "Oh, ok then I won't tell you Talbot has 2 goals then." I'm still surprised I'm not in jail.

I had this stupid coaching license certificate class and the final day was during game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. I was NOT happy but couldn't miss it. I DVR'd the game and even told the entire group before the class that I was taping it, I did NOT want anyone to update the group, and please don't ruin it by even hinting. As I was leaving the class, some guy looked at his phone and started saying "if anyone wants to know about the game, the...." I cut him off with a "DON'T TELL ME!" and he finished with a "Oh, ok then I won't tell you Talbot has 2 goals then." I'm still surprised I'm not in jail.
Wow.
If I was the judge I'd let you get away with everything short of murder.

Good start for the Pens. Lightning weathered the storm, though, and damn near got a lucky bounce in the final minute.Gonna put myself in blackout mode in about 10-15 minutes. LET'S GO PENS!

I'm certainly not happy the season is over but I can't help but be a little relieved that we didn't go on to get demolished by the caps. Now I get to root against the caps while making money for selling my playoff tickets.

I'm certainly not happy the season is over but I can't help but be a little relieved that we didn't go on to get demolished by the caps. Now I get to root against the caps while making money for selling my playoff tickets.
Damn I should have hit you up for Game #5. I was in the DC area.
Damn I should have hit you up for Game #5. I was in the DC area.
Haha, Sorry. For future reference (for everybody) I basically sell tickets to every caps game that doesn't involve the Pens. Basically this means I struggle during the playoffs with wanted to make money off their tickets but not wanting to see them win the cup. A loss in the Eastern Conference Finals or to get swept in the Stanley Cup finals would work for me.
Haha, Sorry. For future reference (for everybody) I basically sell tickets to every caps game that doesn't involve the Pens. Basically this means I struggle during the playoffs with wanted to make money off their tickets but not wanting to see them win the cup. A loss in the Eastern Conference Finals or to get swept in the Stanley Cup finals would work for me.
YOu should become a Caps fan, go to all the games and enjoy the Stanley Cup run. If they win the Cup its not something that will happen every year.
YOu should become a Caps fan, go to all the games and enjoy the Stanley Cup run. If they win the Cup its not something that will happen every year.
I've gone to a few non pens related caps games thinking i can root for the home team but caps fans are so annoying that I end up rooting for the other team. The only opposing team I have enough hatred for to overcome this would be the Flyers. I'm sure that'll end up being the ECF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard the Pens have reached out to Jagr to come play in their annual golf tourney, which this year will serve as the 20 year reunion of the 1991 Cup team. Rumours are flying that it's setting the stage for his return.While it would be unreal, and he still has it (he got a hatty in the WC today), it's so unlikely.The more likely scenario is that they're just re-establishing communication, which will eventually lead to his number 68 being rightfully retired. Second best Penguin to ever lace them up.I saw his 500th career assist in person.

• 2 weeks later...