Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

The Penguins looked awful and disorganized last night, for almost the entire game.Hope they can get back to doing whatever it was that got them 106 points and a 3-1 series lead, and close it out on Wednesday.
I have been saying all along the Penguins are a team without stars which has worked to their advantage..Much like Nashville...On star quality they cant match up with Stlouis, Vinny and Stammer.However they are a much better overall team..Even Staal the other "star" scored his first goal last night.As much as I hate to admit it , Kovalev will come up big in game 7...Look for a big night from him..Should be fun.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Kovalev looked especially bad last night...We need to stay out of the box against the Lightning. Their PP is way too solid, even for our top ranked PK unit (missing Cooke is pretty big).I miss having someone like Sid or Geno or Jagr or Mario on this team, someone that just puts the team on their back in these must win situations and just dominates it.Tampa's got St. Louis for that. God, he terrifies me every time he goes near the puck.

Kovalev looked especially bad last night...We need to stay out of the box against the Lightning. Their PP is way too solid, even for our top ranked PK unit (missing Cooke is pretty big).I miss having someone like Sid or Geno or Jagr or Mario on this team, someone that just puts the team on their back in these must win situations and just dominates it.Tampa's got St. Louis for that. God, he terrifies me every time he goes near the puck.
So do most of the other 29 teams..Penguin fans have been spoiled for many many years with some sick talented players..Legends and best players in the game..However the other players work harder when you dont have one or two superstars..I think that is why they have had this much success to date.That and Disco Dan is probably a magician.

I don't think the team works any harder without Crosby and Malkin. That's been the identity of this team ever since Bylsma took over. That's basically just Crosby's style transformed into a team style. Sid's the ultimate grinder.Wish our goal scoring was a bit better though. We just can't get that next goal that we need. We're the only team all season long to not come back a single time when trailing heading into the 3rd. That's not good.

Tampa's got St. Louis for that. God, he terrifies me every time he goes near the puck.
I feel exactly the same way about Danny Briere...every time he gets near the puck you know something bad is about to happen. Most points by any forward in the playoffs since the lockout.
Yeah, Briere is absurd too.
He's a far different player in Philly than he was in Buffalo, which is saying something considering he flirted with 100 points in our uniform. He's more hardnosed, crash-the-net and look for rebounds now whereas when he played here he was mostly a perimeter setup guy with a nasty wrist shot.

To stagger it with the Habs/Bruins game 7, I would guess.It makes it worse for me, to be honest. My game starts at 10, down in Nepean, so I have to leave at like 9:15 at the latest, I'll be able to catch the first period, and that's it.

To stagger it with the Habs/Bruins game 7, I would guess.It makes it worse for me, to be honest. My game starts at 10, down in Nepean, so I have to leave at like 9:15 at the latest, I'll be able to catch the first period, and that's it.
I'll send you updates via facebook during the game so that you don't miss anything.
I appreciate that. My phone is going in airplane mode, and I'll be wearing head phones cancelling any outside noise at all times, between me leaving and me returning home.
your way better off calling Rogers or Bell and getting a quick package. When I went to Floriday bought a $40 package which I had 1 month to use. Airplane mode gets expensive.

Sev, I have no idea what you're talking about.Airplane mode just means the sending/receiving functions on my phone are turned off, so I won't get any idiots texting me the score while I'm unable to watch the game.

shit this whole time I thought it was the opposite. So when airplane mode is on everything is off.
Yeah, just means I can use it as an iPod, or play games, etc on it, while on an airplane...
shit this whole time I thought it was the opposite. So when airplane mode is on everything is off.
Suddenly your avatar makes sense.:club:
"In the end there's only so much you can do to shut out the world, especially that friend who knows you've recorded a game but who enjoys lording his knowledge over you. "I won't say a word," he'll promise. "Just be sure to watch the last 38 seconds. Amazing stuff." These people fancy themselves visitors from the future, traveling backward in their Hot Tub Time Machines with news of what's to come."uggh, I hate people that do this.

People in general are giant douches, but it'll just be 30 mins in the dressing room on either end of the game, and then directly to my car, directly home. I have no radio, I'm not retarded enough to even turn my phone on, etc. Straight to the TV, which will not be set to a sports channel when I get home, and the volume will be muted, just in case. I think I can pull this off. I'm usually the guy who checks the scores at the hockey games for the rest of the guys, and they tend to not care too much about the teams that are left playing, so I shouldn't have a problem. There are also no TVs anywhere at this rink.Oh god, I just thought of something awful... my game is at the Steve Yzerman arena...

THIS article hits it on the head..What makes it worse is if you are the poster boy for your team amongst your friends and family..I attempted this on many occasions but its almost impossible. Ill be out at dinner hoping to avoid scores and ill get texts:-boom did you see that- wow- What a shitty player he is.If I have my phone off, someone is bound to say something..Back in the day this was a lot easier, even though you would have to wait till the game is over before starting to watch it...Hope there wasnt overtime and hope you didnt run out of VCR tape because of double OT(happened many times)Good luck Zach.

There will literally be a one-hour time frame when I'm near other people, and in that time, nobody will even know the final score anyways, since it will still be on-going, and no one will check their phones. I happen to know for a fact that the dressing rooms are basically in a bomb shelter at the Steve Yzerman Arena, and there is literally no cell reception.I'll be able to catch the 1st period, so people won't be able to ruin it for me, since I'd have already seen it. I'll be in a much better mood at hockey if it's a repeat of the Caps/Pens game 7 in 09.

There will literally be a one-hour time frame when I'm near other people, and in that time, nobody will even know the final score anyways, since it will still be on-going, and no one will check their phones. I happen to know for a fact that the dressing rooms are basically in a bomb shelter at the Steve Yzerman Arena, and there is literally no cell reception.I'll be able to catch the 1st period, so people won't be able to ruin it for me, since I'd have already seen it. I'll be in a much better mood at hockey if it's a repeat of the Caps/Pens game 7 in 09.
If the Leafs were playing tonight I wouldnt miss it for anything short of armageddon..just saying...
It's OSMHL semi-finals!We're going to be short a handful of guys too, I can't let the team down.This is why they invented PVRs.
thats a great teammate..I understand.