Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I broke my sports betting cherry tonight at the MGM in Vegas by plunking down $40 on the Pens. Man, having that go to the shoot-out was nerve-wracking but cashing out $92 made it that much more rewarding :club:
Congrats on your $92 win. Sorry about the thousands that you'll lose in the future now that you're hooked :ts
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

lol - thanks.It was fun but I'm not sure I could handle doing that often when I already am emotionally invested in the outcome. I'm half thinking about throwing a small amount on NJ tomorrow so that no matter what the outcome, I'll be happy.

2 points out of 1st in the East (don't talk to me about games in hand, this is still remarkable).Also, we've gone to and won four straight shootouts. 8-2-0 in our last 10. Craziness.

Gonna give some credit where its due. Im amazed at how little bragging you guys have done, with how well your team has played without Crosby+Malkin. I think 90% of the hockey world thought Pitt would be no better than .500 without those 2, and they've been cruising as if nothing changed. Im thoroughly impressed. Also, I am really looking fwd to Pit-TB. I cant believe these 2 teams have to face each other, should be a sick series, but I really really hope Crosby is back and healthy.

It's amazing that they've been putting up wins but I'm still of the camp that I don't know how much they're capable of in the playoffs. They play a great system game but they've been having trouble scoring. I think I've read somewhere that Tyler Kennedy leads the league in goals in the 2011 calendar year. I can't confirm that but without him stepping up this team would be toast. I can see a couple guys breaking out a bit in the playoffs (Neal, Letang, Kovalev, etc) but they are going to need a healthy Crosby to move forward.By the looks of it Crosby is 100% into whatever they let him do. He hasn't taken any contact yet but he's like a madman out there with everything else. Shero & Bylsma have asked that everyone curb their enthusiasm at every point so I don't know what to even think anymore. My best guess is that they are truly optimistic but don't want to reveal their hand. My hope is that with playoffs starting in just short a 2 weeks that Crosby can make some serious progress but if they aren't 110% percent sure that he's ready to come back that they should just shut him down and come back healthy with Malkin next year.

Staal's goal in the 1st period was awesome. Kovalev took his time in the neutral zone, fed a sweet pass to Neal, who one touch area passed it to Staal, streaking down the left wing. He burns the d-man wide, and when Moose came out to poke check/stack the pads, he roofed it. Awesome.

I love the comments coming from Matt Martin. That the Islanders had their say, so if anything happens, its because the Penguins started it. Well no shit, asswipe. A tiny action from the Pens gets them absolutely pounded, illegally, by a bunch of ECHL'ers. Of course you had your say. Then you have the gall to dress the same rejects for another game? If I'm the Penguins, I call up every goon I can find in my minor league system, sign Chris Simon and George Laraques to amateur tryouts and see how the Islanders like it. Hell, Simon/Laraque/Engelland would have more talent than the Islanders 3rd and 4th lines anyway.