Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Why does anyone still pay attention to what Cherry says or writes? He's the most irrelevant person in sports.
Sadly, you and I both know he has a huge following in this country, many of whom take everything he says as gospel. So he's hardly irrelevant, cause there is a whole horde of idiots out there just waiting to hear him preach from the pulpit on Saturday night, and then make his opinion theirs on Monday.if hes looking for hypocrites, he should take a nice, long look at the mirror. I cant believe he has the balls to speak out on violence in hockey. Give me a break.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Sadly, you and I both know he has a huge following in this country, many of whom take everything he says as gospel. So he's hardly irrelevant, cause there is a whole horde of idiots out there just waiting to hear him preach from the pulpit on Saturday night, and then make his opinion theirs on Monday.if hes looking for hypocrites, he should take a nice, long look at the mirror. I cant believe he has the balls to speak out on violence in hockey. Give me a break.
Just because this is your belief doesnt make it correct...
Majority of Canadians disagree...
The average person just isn't very smart.Cherry has a very large fan base. There also are a huge number of people who think he's idiot who is basically a cartoon character at this point. You love him mostly because he loves the Leafs. If he said all the exact same things he does now but instead was talking about the Oilers as "we" etc I think you would view him differently.Don't get me wrong he supports some good causes and charities but that doesn't change the fact that he's a clown.
The average person just isn't very smart.Cherry has a very large fan base. There also are a huge number of people who think he's idiot who is basically a cartoon character at this point. You love him mostly because he loves the Leafs. If he said all the exact same things he does now but instead was talking about the Oilers as "we" etc I think you would view him differently.Don't get me wrong he supports some good causes and charities but that doesn't change the fact that he's a clown.
Saying the average person just isnt very smart belittles your argument , and it has nothing to do with the Leafs.
Saying the average person just isnt very smart belittles your argument , and it has nothing to do with the Leafs.
Doesnt change the point: if Cherry referred to the habs as 'we' you would be writing letters to the CBC...
Doesnt change the point: if Cherry referred to the habs as 'we' you would be writing letters to the CBC...
its all hyberbole..Your usual pre conceived notion..Maybe thats why Adam is mad at you.
George Carlin: Have you ever stopped to think about how stupid the average person is? Now just consider that HALF of the people in the world are stupider than that. (paraphrased)
Just because this is your belief doesnt make it correct...
Thanks Serge! And ya, I know Im not always correct, yet for some reason I still feel like having opinions. Does the same apply to all your posts? Im willing to accept Im not always right. Are you?
George Carlin: Have you ever stopped to think about how stupid the average person is? Now just consider that HALF of the people in the world are stupider than that. (paraphrased)
I never get enough of this.
Thanks Serge! And ya, I know Im not always correct, yet for some reason I still feel like having opinions. Does the same apply to all your posts? Im willing to accept Im not always right. Are you? I never get enough of this.
Yes, you are free to have opinions...The highbrow attitude that you, Chris and the others have towards Don Cherry is in fact wrong , only because its not warranted in this case....Its your opinion and its great to hear, however belittling a huge part of the population and telling them that they are idiots isnt cool.
Yes, you are free to have opinions...The highbrow attitude that you, Chris and the others have towards Don Cherry is in fact wrong , only because its not warranted in this case....Its your opinion and its great to hear, however belittling a huge part of the population and telling them that they are idiots isnt cool.
Have YOU hugged a Nascar fan today?
A huge part of the population are idiots. FACT.
Cherry is an idiot. I never called the people who like him idiots. I did say the average person isn't very smart but that applies to everything in life.
Yes, you are free to have opinions...The highbrow high moral ground attitude that you, Chris and the others have towards Don Cherry is in fact wrong , only because its not warranted in this case....Its your opinion and its great to hear, however belittling a huge part of the population and telling them that they are idiots isnt cool.
I was going to post the same quote that Zach posted so instead I'll give you this. Geore Carlin's Modern Man -
Modern Man Auto Tuned -
I made my case in the random thread.If you still have a problem with me calling a large group of people idiots, Im sorry to hear that I offended you as a Cherry fan. I respect your opinions, and your making some good points. My personal feelings are in my other post on Cherry.btw, I have similar issues with you doing that to all Habs fans or calling out "Nascar idiots who dont know a thing about hockey" and other deragotory terms, but I understand we all say things sometimes that others dont like. I dont think I called you out on a single one of your shots at the fans of Carolina, but personally, I dont think thats cool either tbh.
I made my case in the random thread.If you still have a problem with me calling a large group of people idiots, Im sorry to hear that I offended you as a Cherry fan. I respect your opinions, and your making some good points. My personal feelings are in my other post on Cherry.btw, I have similar issues with you doing that to all Habs fans or calling out "Nascar idiots who dont know a thing about hockey" and other deragotory terms, but I understand we all say things sometimes that others dont like. I dont think I called you out on a single one of your shots at the fans of Carolina, but personally, I dont think thats cool either tbh.
Yes "Nascar Idiots who dont know a thing about hockey" is a shot at the general population. The comment is to poke fun in a joking manner at the fact that most people in Carolina would rather watch NASCAR than hockey..Its a fact...I dont go on HNIC and broadcast that to millions of people...Yes its not fair, but i can admit to it...Its supposed to be a joke, but sometimes gets misinterpreted..Sorry if I have offended you...Because I am sure you know a lot more about Jiri Tlusty than the average citizen of the area.

Kennedy is apparently trying to play himself out of Pittsburgh's desired contract range for next season. Just hit 40 points for the first time in his career, and he's nearly PPG over the last dozen games or so. Playing the best hockey of his career right now. What a beast.

Kennedy is apparently trying to play himself out of Pittsburgh's desired contract range for next season. Just hit 40 points for the first time in his career, and he's nearly PPG over the last dozen games or so. Playing the best hockey of his career right now. What a beast.
Wrong thread Mod. This is the Don Cherry thread.I watched a little bit of that 2nd. He did indeed look good.

I broke my sports betting cherry tonight at the MGM in Vegas by plunking down $40 on the Pens. Man, having that go to the shoot-out was nerve-wracking but cashing out $92 made it that much more rewarding :club:

I broke my sports betting cherry tonight at the MGM in Vegas by plunking down $40 on the Pens. Man, having that go to the shoot-out was nerve-wracking but cashing out $92 made it that much more rewarding :club:
Very nice congrats.