Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

It reminds me of Domi years ago 2001 to be exact. I was a huge fan than this stupid elbow during the playoffs and I decided why am I going to cheer for a guy like this just because he's a Leaf.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Why would talking to two (?) people make someone even come close to a generalization about a whole population? lol
Okay you know, I will take that back. I was talking to a mother (hot cougar). She kept talking to me saying how she did not know that you can get autos this easy. Also the others that go all the time were very nice. Much cleaner and not stinky like the Toronto autograph hounds.Now the witches at the counter can kiss my Canadian ass.

There are two things that will be interesting to follow about the cooke hit:1) Mario? Ball is in your court..... 2) The Pens might play the bruins in the first round. So Colin Campbell AGAIN shouldn't be involved in this decision.

In person 1pm hearing.
Ignoring the NHL's past record, I'm predicting 10 games.Taking the NHL's past record into consideration, I'm predicting 5 games.
Ignoring the NHL's past record, I'm predicting 10 games.Taking the NHL's past record into consideration, I'm predicting 5 games.
10 games would be a good number as its the rest of the regular season..There are three scenarios here:1. NHL drops the ball again and suspends him for 3-5 games2. NHL does the ok things and suspends him for 10 games the rest of the regular season.3. NHL does the optimal thing and suspends for the rest of the year(including playoffs) and next year he has to reapply to be reinstated.Its the perfect storm for the NHL to make a statement as I have said on numerous occasions. Good quote by Gord Stellick:Timing is everything and it is like Matt Cooke was speeding when he knew there was an abundance of radar traps in the neighbourhood

I would love to see Mario Lemieux match the NHL's suspension. If the NHL gives him 5 games I'd like to see Mario suspend him from the team for an additional 5 games. I'm sure the NHLPA would fight this, but I'm pretty sure NHL contracts have clauses dealing with player conduct.

I would love to see Mario Lemieux match the NHL's suspension. If the NHL gives him 5 games I'd like to see Mario suspend him from the team for an additional 5 games. I'm sure the NHLPA would fight this, but I'm pretty sure NHL contracts have clauses dealing with player conduct.
THAT would be amazing.
1. NHL drops the ball again and suspends him for 3-5 games
This is the most likely scenario in my mind, but I'd stand up and cheer LOUDLY if Mario put his money where is mouth is and hands down additional penalties from the team side.

Curious if Air Canada will make a statement this morning..Or Via Rail?Or will people be protesting outside the Penguin games?

Curious if Air Canada will make a statement this morning..Or Via Rail?Or will people be protesting outside the Penguin games?
Trolling?
Wow the hearing is taking forever.IMO, the longer it takes, the worst it is for Cooke.
With your connections we could of went to the hearing and wait till he comes out and throw a pie on his face...Or even better elbow him in the head.

Here is what I dont get about Cooke..From what I have heard he is a good family guy and does stuff in the community..I am sure guys would agree.In 24/7 i loved the stuff with his kids and family...Showed a gentler side to him..Then on the ice he becomes a douchebag..I dont get it.

Yeah, I dunno Serge. Read some of these quotes from today from Pens and Wings players. You can tell the guys that know him well actually know what kind of person he is. Nobody is making excuses for the hit or anything, but they defend him as a person, to a certain extent. Really insightful, to me, anyways.http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2011/...versrial-cooke/

I didn't get this part by Zetterberg:“At least the season. I don't think he should play any more this year. And then we just have to see what we're going to do after that.”"We?"I get it - hating Cooke is the one thing that almost everyone can get behind, but to me - the Pens (and their true fans) are like family. I can bash them if I want to, but having an outsider do it irritates me. I'm all for Campbell lowering the boom to set a precedent, but I think the talk of Lemieux levying addtional suspensions and such is a bit much. Shero and Lemieux shouldn't be involved in anything other than supporting the suspension and speaking out against his hit, until they come together to discuss Cooke's contract. Just my opinion.

Reports are that Lemieux sat down with Cooke and told him further play like this wont be tolerated..Was on Twitter, dont remember who posted now.