• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

This is exciting:Neal - Crosby - Kunitz(Tangradi) - Staal - MalkinCooke - Letestu - ?????? - ??? - ???Letang - OrpikMichalek - MartinNiskanen/Engellend/Despres/LovejoyFleuryJohnsonWe'll have about 3.4 million under that scenario, assuming the cap doesn't go up, which it should, as revenues are up all over the league again, IIRC. (I'm not including Lovejoy's salary, since I don't think one of those 4 will be off of the roster.)We'll need 4-5 bottom 6 guys, basically. Should be fun.I would guess Jeffrey makes the team out of camp next year as well, as either the 4th line center, or a 3rd line winger/center with Letestu.I would try to retain Adams for $700k or less (he makes $550k now). I'm indifferent on Talbot and Rupp. Asham is probably gone. Wallace could be a bottom 6 guy, he's an RFA, like Jeffrey.Oh, Kennedy is RFA as well, I'd probably try to keep him. He's been playing pretty well since the rest of the forwards went down.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATORFORWARDSJames Neal ($2.875m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) Eric Tangradi ($0.845m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Tyler Kennedy ($0.850m) Craig Adams ($0.700m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.700m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.050m) Tim Wallace ($0.500m) DEFENSEMENPaul Martin ($5.000m) / Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m) Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m) Simon Despres ($0.870m) / Matt Niskanen ($1.500m) Deryk Engelland ($0.566m) GOALTENDERSMarc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) /Brent Johnson ($0.600m) CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,857,500; BONUSES: $127,500CAP SPACE (22-man roster): -$457,500

I love how these teams make these trades just in time to face the Leafs..We lost against Ottawa because of 47 saves by Anderson.Guarantee this guy scores a hat trick Saturday night.:club:

I love how these teams make these trades just in time to face the Leafs..We lost against Ottawa because of 47 saves by Anderson.Guarantee this guy scores a hat trick Saturday night.:club:
Fingers crossed!

Injury Update...http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553709

1:21 PM:Head coach Dan Bylsma had a couple injury updates after practice: * Paul Martin will not play Wednesday vs. San Jose with an upper-body injury * Letestu and Jeffrey will return to full practice Wednesday * Kunitz is not yet cleared for full practice * N.Johnson, Tangradi and Asham continue to have concussion symptoms
Strait and Craig assigned to WBS. Doesn't look like anyone beyond Neal and Niskanen will be in the lineup on Wednesday. Hopefully Kunitz, Martin, Letestu and Jeffrey will be back by Fri/Sat or if not when they travel to Toronto in 8 days.Even with all the callups the WBS Pens are still 9 points ahead the Manchester Monarchs for 1st overall in the AHL. The Pens ECHL affiliate is also leading their division in the ECHL.
I think this photo confirms my suspicions about Pascal Dupuis. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
His family would be disappointed ..
Digging up some other 24/7 stuff... Disco's pregame speech ...
Reese Adam's naming all the players ...
Quote of the series...
Mike Green's Scooter and Rupp's take on it ...

Not sure who makes the NHL schedule but how this one..Leafs play Pittsburgh in Toronto on Saturday...Penguins next game:In Toronto on Wednesday..WTFI got two tickets...Hopefully Zach can come to Toronto.

Entertaining game last night. Neal will be a beast. Can't wait till he plays with someone that can get him the puck. Staal/Dupius aren't exactly known as playmakers. His shot is fricken sick. Also uses his size well and is faster than I would have thought.Obviously the injuries are catching up big time. Orpik goes down with rumor is could be a significant injury. Possibly a break in his arm/wrist/hand from blocking a shot in the 1st period last night. Thankfully Martin is practicing now as well as Letestu and Jeffery. Kunitz skated but not in the full practice. Still hopeful that all will return this weekend. Big time loser points in the last couple games after going into the 3rd periods with 1 goal deficits. Now it's time to get some W's. The best will have a hard time catching Philly but it'd be nice to see them hang on to that 4th spot ahead of WSH/TB (depending on who wins that division). It doesn't really matter though, all I really want is for them to get "healthy" in time for the playoffs. They haven't clinched anything yet but they certainly would need quite a collapse to miss the playoffs all together. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern...c/Penguins.htmlTaking 2 of 3 from Canes followed by a back to back against the Leafs would be good start.

Did we get kovalev?
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=BN|PIT|home
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired forward Alex Kovalev from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick.The pick will become a sixth-round selection if the Penguins win the first round of the playoffs and he plays at least 50 percent of the games in the first round.