Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

LOLOLOLOL..... that was amazing, serge, I actually had a starbucks in my hand when I read your post....
Well I do follow you on Twitter
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Preface: I have not read the last few pages. I have not read any of the articles. I have some knowledge about Lemieux's comments and the backlash it has created.Is this correct:Lemieux made a statement basically saying the PIT/NYI game was a blackmark on the NHL and more discipline should have been handed out.People bashed Lemieux and called him a hypocrite for not singling out Matt Cooke.If so:People are ****ing stupid. I'm quite certain Lemieux sees quite a few things that he doesn't like...including Cooke's antics. He didn't make a statement on those. Is it possible that he thought this game crossed a line for him and decided to make a statement? Is it possible that his statement regarding the PIT/NYI game was a statement he wanted to make regarding the PIT/NYI game and NOT regarding Matt Cooke or any of the others who have been suspended this season? Is it possible for me to announce how big my **** is and not have others interpret it as saying their **** is small?Also: When Mario Lemieux speaks the NHL would be wise to listen.

Preface: I have not read the last few pages. I have not read any of the articles. I have some knowledge about Lemieux's comments and the backlash it has created.Is this correct:Lemieux made a statement basically saying the PIT/NYI game was a blackmark on the NHL and more discipline should have been handed out.People bashed Lemieux and called him a hypocrite for not singling out Matt Cooke.If so:People are ****ing stupid. I'm quite certain Lemieux sees quite a few things that he doesn't like...including Cooke's antics. He didn't make a statement on those. Is it possible that he thought this game crossed a line for him and decided to make a statement? Is it possible that his statement regarding the PIT/NYI game was a statement he wanted to make regarding the PIT/NYI game and NOT regarding Matt Cooke or any of the others who have been suspended this season? Is it possible for me to announce how big my **** is and not have others interpret it as saying their **** is small?Also: When Mario Lemieux speaks the NHL would be wise to listen.
Basically, yes. Except that Lemieux said he had to question being involved in a league that would condone (not his word) this kind of action. To which people responded, that Lemieux employs the dirtiest player in the league (note: Arp shows this to be a very questionable assertion), so being embarassed by someone else's dirtiness is questionable.I was one of the stronger ones against Lemieux, and I will sum up my point by suggesting that if indeed Lemieux was only speaking out against actions like Martin/Gilles, and not against lesser dirtiness like Cooke, then he was not really speaking out against anything. Those things happen very rarely. Maybe he does question being involved in a league where things like that don't get seriously punished, but that just isn't much of an argument. If you only want to look at very serious incidents: McSorley, Bertuzzi, etc, they obviously are not part of the game. No one will pretend that if Talbot had broken his face, Martin would've gotten 20 games.As Chris has often said, the reasons against punishing guys like Martin/Gilles for that crap comes down to the NHL Governors (and perhaps, the NHLPA). Mario has just a bit of sway in that room I'd say, and I hope he uses it properly, rather than a very dicklike missive about questioning his involvement in the league he's been an important part of for 30+ years over one incident.
Basically, yes. Except that Lemieux said he had to question being involved in a league that would condone (not his word) this kind of action. To which people responded, that Lemieux employs the dirtiest player in the league (note: Arp shows this to be a very questionable assertion), so being embarassed by someone else's dirtiness is questionable.I was one of the stronger ones against Lemieux, and I will sum up my point by suggesting that if indeed Lemieux was only speaking out against actions like Martin/Gilles, and not against lesser dirtiness like Cooke, then he was not really speaking out against anything. Those things happen very rarely. Maybe he does question being involved in a league where things like that don't get seriously punished, but that just isn't much of an argument. If you only want to look at very serious incidents: McSorley, Bertuzzi, etc, they obviously are not part of the game. No one will pretend that if Talbot had broken his face, Martin would've gotten 20 games.As Chris has often said, the reasons against punishing guys like Martin/Gilles for that crap comes down to the NHL Governors (and perhaps, the NHLPA). Mario has just a bit of sway in that room I'd say, and I hope he uses it properly, rather than a very dicklike missive about questioning his involvement in the league he's been an important part of for 30+ years over one incident.
Thank you. Sounds good. It is my truth now.

Buckle up... http://www.thepensblog.com/pensblog-news/t...de-or-dieq.htmlI feel less and less confident everyday that 87 is returning this year but it remains a possibility until the Pens say publicly otherwise. Knock on wood, the Pens are getting healthier as we speak. They're in the midst of a 8 day stretch where they only play 2 games and that ends on Sunday when they begin a brutal 5 games in 7 nights stretch. Thankfully Cooke has now been released from his cage and will return to the lineup Sunday @ Chi.Medical Watch: C Sidney Crosby (concussion) is out indefinitely. (who knows) C Evgeni Malkin (right knee) is out for the season. (self explanatory) C Mark Letestu (left knee) is out 4-6 weeks. (Out till mid/late March) LW Mike Comrie (hip surgery) is 3-4 months. (Could be back late March or April) RW Arron Asham (upper body) is out indefinitely. (who knows) LW Chris Kunitz (lower body) is out indefinitely. (hopefully soon) C Dustin Jeffrey (lower body) is out a week. (hopefully soon) LW Eric Tangradi (concussion) is out indefinitely. (who knows)

I havent heard many Pittsburgh rumours other than the speculations surrounding Kovalev...You would think that the Pens have to make some sort of moves at the deadline.Surprised they didnt make a pitch for Versteeg. He would of fit pretty good there IMO.

I havent heard many Pittsburgh rumours other than the speculations surrounding Kovalev...You would think that the Pens have to make some sort of moves at the deadline.Surprised they didnt make a pitch for Versteeg. He would of fit pretty good there IMO.
Given the way this team has been decimated by injuries, I think it'd be a little foolish to start shipping out 1st round picks this early. If we get a few guys back, good news on Sid, etc before the deadline, then maybe start making some bigger moves. Until then, meh. What can you do? No reason to ship out a 1st just to win one round, or whatever the case may be.Kovalev won't cost a lot. I don't really see why they'd get him, he's like the anti-Bylsma, even though I love him.
a lot of those are great, but the one about Mario-Fraser I actually recall watching. I always wanted to know what Fraser said to get Mario so mad.
"I love Gretzky more."
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|home
1:05 PM:Lots of injury updates from head coach Dan Bylsma: * Kunitz, Letestu and Jeffrey are progressing, but won't play this weekend. * Arron Asham is experiencing concussion-like symptoms. * Nick Johnson left the ice with an upper-body injury. Not available this weekend at the moment. * Malkin is one week into his six-month rehab. * No new updates on Crosby. * Team is considering a callup from WBS."You saw Kunitz and Letestu on the ice," Bylsma said. "Jeffrey is in a similar situation. They're progressing. None of them will be available this weekend."Arron Asham, we listed him as upper-body, he has been experiencing concussion-like symptoms. Day-to-day is not accurate at this point in time. He has been progressing. He hasn't gone to exercise. That's where Arron's at."Nick Johnson left the ice today with an upper-body injury. He is under evaluation. He will not be available this weekend at this point in time."Geno, you saw him walking around here today. He's one week into his six-month rehab."There is no new update on Sidney."

This is a really good time to have only two games in a week. We still don't play again until Sunday, and we're still somehow 4th in the NHL.edit - Except it gets really busy come Sunday. Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat. That's sick. 5 games in 7 nights.

Crazy that Letestu is skating already. He had knee surgery like 2 weeks ago and was thought to be out 4-6 weeks. It still could end up in that range but skating already has to be a good sign.

Yeah, I like this trade for the Pens. A lot. Goglioski could be a star, but with Letang they have another offensive young D, not to mention Martin, Michalek and Orpik signed to round out your top-4 D for the next few years.James Neal is not another Chris Kunitz, he is a whole level above. I think this trade makes the Pens much better. Getting Niskanen in the deal just seals the win - seems like he was miscast as a top-4 guy. Give him some time to develop as a 3rd pairing guy. Or just use him as a trade chip.

Yeah, and Letang is younger too, and frankly, just better at every aspect of the game. Martin, Michalek all have 4 full seasons left on their deals, and Orpik and Letang each with 3 more after this year.Goligoski would be stuck behind those 4 for the entire time, barring any trades. In Dallas he'll get a chance to blossom with more ice-time, more responsibility.

Yeah, and Letang is younger too, and frankly, just better at every aspect of the game. Martin, Michalek all have 4 full seasons left on their deals, and Orpik and Letang each with 3 more after this year.Goligoski would be stuck behind those 4 for the entire time, barring any trades. In Dallas he'll get a chance to blossom with more ice-time, more responsibility.
how good is he in his all around game?
Crazy that Letestu is skating already. He had knee surgery like 2 weeks ago and was thought to be out 4-6 weeks. It still could end up in that range but skating already has to be a good sign.
"Skating" could mean on the ice to take some shots and work on his hands. If he's doing drills and/or practicing, that would be nice.