Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Meh, Bailey's play isn't suspendable (how is this not a real word?), IMO. I just think it was worth more than 2 mins during the game.I don't get rescinding the 5+game, unless they track the head shot penalties, which they probably do, and issue suspensions based on how many you have. We still lost one of our best defenseman (one of only 3 regulars we had in the lineup to start with) for over half the game, and had to kill 5 minutes that we shouldn't have had to, where we got scored upon once by the guy who only got 2 mins, and also scored on just after it ended. The guy who got killed by the hit, assisted both goals!At least we won the game in the end, but man that could have been costly.edit - want to be clear, I'm not really complaining about the refs, that's gotta be a tough call to make at full speed. I wonder if they could do a quick review of these things in the future, before kicking the guy out. Reffing is an even sum game, imho anyways, you get some good calls, you get some bad ones.
Isn't 3 majors an automatic 1-game suspension?
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Is Fleury not the clear cut #1 anymore? or is he hurt?Johnson playing on back to back nights is strange isnt it?

I think they're just teaching him a lesson. He needs to play better, and simply put, Johnson has outplayed him. If Fleury's hurt, they've kept it secret.It's the first time Johnson has started back to backs for the Pens, so yeah, it is strange. They're sending a message to MAF.

what's up with the NHL Network not showing the clock on penalties?
NHL network is showing the game but it's FSN that's broadcasting it. For whatever reason they couldn't get the digital clock all game so they just used an inset a camera pointing at a in arena clock all game.My recap of the game in a tweet... https://twitter.com/#!/byeskey/status/27586983880
Is there any chance that Jo Staal plays before Nov1?whats this likely return date?thanks
I don't think he'll play before then and if he does he will be very ineffective. He essentially has to go through training camp first.
Malkin and Crosby are beasts.
I caught like 10min of the game last night, and there was a moment where Bob Errey sounded like an excited 6year old kid. I mean that in the best way possible.He was talking about how incredible these two are, especially when on their game and on the same line, and watching this is a treat for anyone in Nashville last night. And how lucky Pens fans were to be able to see them so often.For a guy who covers them so much and sees them nightly, it was cool to see how excited he can still get about them, and it was VERY clear that it wasnt homerism per say, it was truly astonishment from a guy who played the game and loves being a fan of the game.I couldnt agree more with him. Its still sick watching these 2. Tell me why they wouldnt put these 2 together, and have Staal line up as #2C? I have never understood why this isnt looked at more closely.

Well, the plan was to have Staal center Malkin on the second line.I was thinking about it last night though too. If they are so adamant about making Malkin a winger, I don't see why he shouldn't just play with Sid every shift. Let Staal run his own second line, and Letestu can rip it up on the 3rd line. I used to think Talbot could be a legit 3rd line center, but I'm way past that, lol.It'll be interesting to see what happens when Staal and Asham return.

Does anyone in Pittsburgh want to buy tickets to the games on 11/10 and 11/12? Tampa and Boston. I have 2 for each game, if you're interested, let me know. I need to get rid of them, life plans fell through.

Does anyone in Pittsburgh want to buy tickets to the games on 11/10 and 11/12? Tampa and Boston. I have 2 for each game, if you're interested, let me know. I need to get rid of them, life plans fell through.
Where at and how much? If they're not the high-end awesome seats, I'm definitely interested in one of the games, if not both.
Where at and how much? If they're not the high-end awesome seats, I'm definitely interested in one of the games, if not both.
11/10 vs Boston are 217, C, 1-2, $75 face value each11/12 vs Tampa Bay are 111, U, 9-10, $200 face value eachI really want to sell them both. If I can't, I might just have to force myself to drive down, lol.