• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Yea, taking that 5 minutes to ask the opinion of someone that went though the situation would just be too much, if they take a lot of stock in it or not. You guys are right. :club:

Yea, taking that 5 minutes to ask the opinion of someone that went though the situation would just be too much, if they take a lot of stock in it or not. You guys are right. :club:
It's not a matter of the effort it takes, it's a matter of the relevance. It's irrelevant what Letangs thinks.
It's not a matter of the effort it takes, it's a matter of the relevance. It's irrelevant what Letangs thinks.
I would think they would take the small time to see his opinion on the pros and cons of when he was in the situation. Even if they take very little from it, it's worth the time to ask him.

I thought I ask this in the Penguin thread as it applies to a guy like Jordan Staal.Is it better to have a guy like Kadri play on a third line, or wait till he develops more into a top 6 role in the AHL?Obviously Jordan Staal fits this bill, on any other team he might be a first or second line centre, but happens to play behind two monsters.I know also the Penguins this year when he comes back putting him on the wing, not sure if that affects my question.Staal has been a very effective player even though he isnt technically a top 6 player.

I don't know Kadri well enough to compare, but...Staal also played big minutes on the PK from the time he was a rookie. I would guess that he gets a decent amount more ice time than the average 3rd line center in the league.Also, it looks like Staal will be the center with Malkin moving to the wing.

Serge, the biggest thing is just not putting him on the bench for the whole game, letting him play 10 mins or whatever. He'd be much better off playing 20 mins a night on the Marlies, IMO, than playing <10 mins in the NHL, at this point. It just kinda depends how RW wants to role the lines. If you had 3 strong enough (or weak enough) lines to roll consistently, ok, or if he was on the PP or something, I guess. I dunno, I'd just want to make sure he got the ice time up here, and practice in all situations. He'll definitely get that in the minors, dunno about the NHL.

So, the Pens go 5-1 in the pre-season, which by itself is nothing, but from all of the reports I've ready, pretty much everyone left on the roster has had a monster camp. The Pens look like this could be another year for a long playoff run, and another legit shot at the Cup.It'll be interesting to see who sticks with the team to start the season, especially in the wake of the Staal injury. With Tangradi force his way onto the team? Will Letestu stick on the 3rd line? If not, will he get claimed off of waivers? Will Despres get the shot to stick with the club that he seems to have earned? Will Malkin regain his Conn Smythe form from 2 seasons ago? He's had a pretty huge camp; seems to have that fire back. Lots of questions will be answered in the coming days.Thursday, it all begins again.

Yeah, that's not at all surprising.The real battle is Tangradi and Letestu, but it just depends on which direction they want to go with the lines, I guess. Both have been pretty good in camp. Letestu has to clear waivers, so that could be a factor.It also depends on how injured Asham is.Kunitz - Sid - DupuisGeno - Comrie - TangradiCooke - Letestu - KennedyAdams - Talbot - RuppGodardThat least Asham out, obviously. He'll be in there on the 3rd or 4th line if he's healthy, and I have absolutely no idea who gets scratched for him.Letang - MartinMichalek - OrpikGoligoski - Despres/Lovejoy/EngellandOne of those 3 start the season as the 6th d-man. If it's Despres, he probably heads to junior after 9 games, unless he absolutely wows the coaches and management. Lovejoy and Engelland is probably a toss-up. I like Lovejoy in that spot best.

The combos and pairings for today's practice were:Kunitz-Crosby-DupuisTangradi-Comrie-MalkinCooke-Letestu-KennedyRupp-Adams/Talbot-GodardOrpik-MichalekMartin-LetangGoligoski-Despres/LovejoyHutchinson-EngellandAsham is gonna make the team (don't know the severity of his injury).I still don't know what they are going to do. Tangradi, Letestu, Despres, Lovejoy, and Engelland have all shown they are capable of wearing a Pens jersey. Lots of tough decisions need to be made before 3pm on Wednesday.

Dan Bylsma on Dustin Jeffrey: "He's a guy who we've had in our organization for a while and really stepped up his game, picked up some speed, had a very good summer, and showed it in camp"

Dan Bylsma on Dustin Jeffrey: "He's a guy who we've had in our organization for a while and really stepped up his game, picked up some speed, had a very good summer, and showed it in camp"
not to rain on your parade, but what else would he say..And why demote him then.
not to rain on your parade, but what else would he say..And why demote him then.
Yeah, it's not like a coach has ever said a player has disappointed. Only so many roster spots. Sometimes if there's not a spot for a player in the top 6 then it's better for him to get more icetime in the AHL. Duh!
Can't wait to get to the arena to see this 20x8 foot mosaic in person but here's the digital version.http://www.mariomosaic.com/mosaic/ - Search for brian7 to locate the photo I submitted. I put a cyan dot approximately where it is.mariomosaic.gif
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/...=0&id=77320Practice Blog - http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|homeDupius is Mustache boy this month by being the last man standing to not score in the shootout. I bet he can grow a pretty good one.Kunitz-Crosby-DupuisTangradi-Comrie-MalkinKennedy-Letestu-CookeRupp-Adams/Talbot-GodardMichalek-OrpikLetang-MartinLovejoy-DespresGoligoski-EngellandFluery - Johnson
Wednesday marks the final day of the Penguins 2010 training camp. The team will hit the ice at CONSOL Energy Center at 11 a.m. for the final training camp practice. It's one last time for the players to prove to the coaches and management that they belong in the NHL. The final regular-season roster is due to be set by 3 p.m. today.The Penguins announced this morning that they waived F Ryan Craig and D Andrew Hutchinson. Both players will be assigned to WBS if they clear waivers by noon today. I'll keep you posted on their status as soon as we learn anything.With the early morning transaction and the expected injured status placements coming for Jordan Staal, Casey Pierro-Zabotel and Alex Grant, the Penguins will have a training camp roster of 24 players (14 forwards; eight defensemen; and two goaltenders), one over the mandatory 23-man regular-season roster.The Penguins must make one more move with a player before 3 p.m. Again, I'll keep you posted as soon as any transactions go down.
Asham still isn't practicing so I doubt he plays tomorrow. I guessing Tangradi and Letestu will start the year with the team. Maybe Adams is the healthy scratch tomorrow. I'm not sure what to think about the D. One of them will have to go.

Huh?http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|home

The Pittsburgh Penguins made the following moves to set their 23-man regular-season roster, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.The Penguins assigned left wing Eric Tangradi to Wheeling of the ECHL and defenseman Simon Despres to Saint John of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.Pittsburgh also placed forward Casey Pierro-Zabotel and defenseman Alex Grant on the injured reserve list and center Jordan Staal on the injured-non roster list.The Penguins recalled goaltender Patrick Killeen from Wheeling.The transactions set the team’s 23-man roster: 13 forwards; seven defensemen; and three goaltenders.

Tangradi to the ECHL? Is that really the best place for him to development...the place where prospects go to die?I'm hope that's just an administrative/scheduling thing or some shit, and he'll be in the AHL very soon.

He won't play a game in Wheeling. I'm sure he'll be back in Pittsburgh tomorrow or something. Depends on Asham's injury and whatever the reason was for calling up Killeen.
Rumor is that there's a injury/illness with Johnson or Fluery. Wheeling is only an hour drive from Pittsburgh so it would be pretty easy logistically to get back and forth. I'm not sure what rules are against this move. Can he possibly still play tomorrow?
Rumor is that there's a injury/illness with Johnson or Fluery. Wheeling is only an hour drive from Pittsburgh so it would be pretty easy logistically to get back and forth. I'm not sure what rules are against this move. Can he possibly still play tomorrow?
He could if he got recalled, and the Pens fit him under the cap.In the NHL, if you assign someone to the minors, he physically has to go. Last year when McGinn and others were going up and down between Worcester and San Jose, they literally had to fly across country ever single time. They did it like 20+ times.Tangradi is the only guy on the team who wouldn't have to clear waivers, so it makes sense to send him down, and obviously Wheeling is closer than WB/S.
He could if he got recalled, and the Pens fit him under the cap.In the NHL, if you assign someone to the minors, he physically has to go. Last year when McGinn and others were going up and down between Worcester and San Jose, they literally had to fly across country ever single time. They did it like 20+ times.Tangradi is the only guy on the team who wouldn't have to clear waivers, so it makes sense to send him down, and obviously Wheeling is closer than WB/S.
I guess i didnt know this rule since we have both our teams in Toronto..The Leafs and Marlies play literally a 10 minute drive away from each other..

He's back....http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...-fb-pghpenguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled left wing Eric Tangradi from Wheeling of the ECHL, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.Tangradi recorded two assists and a plus-2 rating in five preseason games with Pittsburgh.