• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Gay. Kid hasn't missed a game in his life due to injury. Shitty deal to run bad and get infected after surgery.I guess it can help Kennedy a little, but he'll still need a big camp to be given a shot anywhere in the top 6 after last season's dismal performance.

Staal will miss the next 5-6 weeks, meaning he will miss at least 2 weeks to start the season.http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333972I picked up Tyler Kennedy a couple of weeks ago in my pool..Does this bode well for TFK??
word around town prior to length of Staal injury update was that he was likely going to be the odd man out on the roster after the addition of Comrie and Asham. So it may give him one final opportunity and if he does nothing with it i wouldn't expect to see much of him in a Pens uniform unless it's the baby Pens.

What? Kennedy the odd man out? You're crazy.Godard is easily the 13th forward, and Kennedy still has some offensive upside, and a very cap-friendly deal. No way was he not going to be on the opening roster, with or without the Staal injury.

Guerin is slow and old and take away from the younger, faster players. He didn't help our team last year. Love the guy, and what he did for our locker room in the Cup year, but the Pens are better off without him.

What? Kennedy the odd man out? You're crazy.Godard is easily the 13th forward, and Kennedy still has some offensive upside, and a very cap-friendly deal. No way was he not going to be on the opening roster, with or without the Staal injury.
I said it was the "word around town" you know since I live in Pittsburgh, read the paper daily, and listen to sportstalk radio. This is not my opinion just what i've heard or read/heard on at least 5 occasions this off season most recently this week although I think TFK sucks balls.After the recent additions Top 10 Forwards look like this1. Crosby2. Malkin3. Staal4. Dupuis5. Talbot6. Kunitz7. Cooke8. Comrie9. Asham10. Tangradi11. 12.Two of these would be 11-12. 1. Adams, TFK, Jeffrey, Letestu, Rupp, Goddard, Johnson, Wallace, ConnerI have read the Jeffery and Letestu have been great so far and expect at least one of them to be on the opening day roster. We know Disco Dan loves Adams and Rupp So no I don't think I'm crazy but I do agree his number is cap friendly but so are the other young players

Tangradi is not above Kennedy, yet. Maybe he will be, but until he actually makes the NHL team, he is not.Asham is arguable, he's a 3rd/4th liner, while Kennedy is a 3rd liner, with some limited amount of 2nd line potential.Adams and Rupp can be "ahead" of him, because they're prototypical 4th liners in this system, no problem with that.Kennedy is miles ahead of Godard, Johnson, Wallace, Connor, Jeffrey and Letestu. Godard only because his role is different, and becoming less and less relevant in the NHL.IMO, Kennedy is in the top 9 on this team, anyways. I don't know why you ranked Talbot so high, he's a 3rd/4th liner at most too, plus playoff hero. :)And come on, "word around town?" This isn't the 70s, I can feel the buzz around Pittsburgh just as much from Antarctica (with an internet connection) as I could from being downtown. I haven't heard that he was the odd man out. It's completely understandable that he'd be fighting for a better roster spot, though. I still think a spot on the roster is his to lose, and he'd have to be bested very clearly by several people to make him sit out of the opening game. IMO.

wtf? lol
This is why i offered the bet in the previous thread.The Penguins are blessed with arguably two of the top 5 forwards in the NHL. However in the salary cap world this means you have to sacrifice this by being weak in other areas.They went and spent a boatload of money to lock up the defense. Some will argue this was a genious move, which remains to be seen.The bottom 6 is not bad, but after the dynamic duo especially with Staal out the rest of the top 6 is very mediocre.This is what makes cap management interesting. The Penguins have won a cup and are still a very good team.Capitals are in a similar boat...Check out their number two centre.

Training camp report: http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/pe...1-wrapup/29499/Note the author's name.....my brother. I went for about an hour on Saturday and BSed with the bro. On the way there, MAF almost pulled out in front of me in his new Bentley. That would have been great!My buddy has season tickets and a parking pass and planned to let his 3 pre-season game tickets sit at home. I told him I'd take them so I'm gonna hit up next week and maybe this Wed night. Yay pre-season! :club:

Training camp report: http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/pe...1-wrapup/29499/Note the author's name.....my brother. I went for about an hour on Saturday and BSed with the bro. On the way there, MAF almost pulled out in front of me in his new Bentley. That would have been great!My buddy has season tickets and a parking pass and planned to let his 3 pre-season game tickets sit at home. I told him I'd take them so I'm gonna hit up next week and maybe this Wed night. Yay pre-season! :club:
Awesome Tim. Of course I dont know who you are talking about with the short form nicknames but its all good. :ts Oh and please when you go give me a report on TFK(see i know one.)