• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Rumour/speculation on the radio the other day:TO PITTSBURGH:Tomas Kaberle Nikolai KuleminTO TORONTOJordan StaalThe trade makes sense, but not sure if Pittsburgh will pull the trigger. Jordan Staal is getting paid top 6 forward money but is stuck behind 2 of the best centres in the game. Staal would fit nicely into the Leafs top 6...Kulemin and Malkin are best buddies and he will be a good fit in Penguin land...Kaberle will obviously replace Gonchar if and when he leaves and is the puck moving dman needed for the Penguins.Kulemin is a RFA and salary wise the Penguins would be saving money which is essentially:Gonchar $5 million plus Staal $4 million = $9 millionKaberle $4.25 million plus Kulemin $ 2.5 to $3 million....$7 milllion.While they lose Staal, they upgrade their wingers and get a great dman to quarterback the PP.As a Leafs fan , I like the trade but I like to see a little more coming back with Staal...A prospect or a draft pick.

No thanks.With respect to your comment "Staal is getting paid top 6 forward money but is stuck behind 2 of the best centres in the game," I really don't get that. Like, ok, on paper he's the third line forward, but it's not like he plays third line minutes. He has been averaging over 20 mins per game for the last couple seasons, which is obviously atypical of a third liner. He gets powerplay time (2nd unit mostly, but could easily be the net front guy on the top unit next season), and the Pens roll the top three lines at even strength pretty evenly most of the game. I get what people say, and the money he makes IS high for a third liner, but he's nowhere even close to a typical third liner, and IMO is paid quite fairly for what he brings to this team, and his contract could even be a steal in the last year or two of his deal. I don't think he has even turned 22 yet.

I should add that while I'm definitely a Jordan Staal fanboy, I also quite like Kaberle and Kulemin, so I don't think I'm being a total homer in saying I don't like the trade.

I should add that while I'm definitely a Jordan Staal fanboy, I also quite like Kaberle and Kulemin, so I don't think I'm being a total homer in saying I don't like the trade.
I understand your reasoning..To be honest I am not crazy about it on the Leafs side either...Not that Staal isnt a great player, but some of the other players I have heard thrown around for Kaberle interest me a little more..I also love Kulemin and dont want him leaving..

Oh wow, we got Reverend Lovejoy re-signed as well for 3 years, at what I'm guessing is league minimum, 525k per.http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...twt-pghpenguinsGood news, IMO, especially that it's for 3 years. Worst case scenario he finishes his contract in WBS, best case scenario we have a bottom pairing or 7th defenseman for league minimum.

Sounds stupid.I think Malkin is better than Backstrom, unless he continues to play like he did last year (which I doubt he will). I'd take the Conn Smythe winning Malkin over Backstrom, although I reallllly like Backstrom as a player.

Crosby, obviously.Ovechkin is a sick talent, and a very close #2 (or maybe 3 if we get Conn Smythe-caliber Malkin back), but I like Crosby's all around game better.Oh, and I'm a homer.

Crosby, obviously.Ovechkin is a sick talent, and a very close #2 (or maybe 3 if we get Conn Smythe-caliber Malkin back), but I like Crosby's all around game better.Oh, and I'm a homer.
I think Crosby has won a few other things too that Ovechkin hasn't yet, so he likely is factually better.
I think Malkin is better than Backstrom
2.7 million better?Obviously this can change with a good month from Malkin but at this point I see Crosby as being a bargain at 8.7 while Malkin is not so much.

It's my understanding that the last 2 years of Lovejoy's deal is a 1-way contract, but all signs point towards to him being able to play at the NHL level regularly by then, if not this upcoming season.

The 1-Way thing doesn't mean anything, it's just a courtesy for him because he's like 25 already, I would guess. I mean, if he makes the NHL, it's a bonus, but if not he gets waived (and unlikely to get picked up), and plays it out in WBS. He just gets paid his NHL salary down there.In fact, even on a 2-way in the 1st year, he'll still be waiver eligible, so it's just about the salary, which is only a few hundred thousand more for him.

Jp Barry, Gonchar's agent says he is going to market..This will be interesting and should start dominos on Hamhuis and Kaberle..

Ty for your service, sir.iNC9w7qzMCFyfrOBycnu.jpg
3 years @ 5.5 million and a NTC...good riddance. I enjoyed your time as a Pen (minus the first 40 games or so) but that's crazy for a 36 year old who's seen his better days. You still have a boomer of a shot but I really think you're days as a reliable dman are behind you.