• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I wonder what the Penguins record is in game 7s all time.I seem to remember them winning a lot more than they've lost.
7-4 overall, but only 2-4 at home.
Yeah, it's 7-4.Most of those losses were a long time ago, though, with the latest being in 1996.
Most of the wins were a long time ago too, unless you think 2001 has any relevance to this team.
No, but 2 last year are pretty big.
Oh.
I wonder what the Penguins record is in game 7s all time.I seem to remember them winning a lot more than they've lost.
2-0.

Well, I wasn't wondering what their record in game 7s were with respect to the chances of this team. I was just recalling them winning more than they lose. I remember watching the game in 96, but I also remember the Sabres, the Devils, and whatever other ones there were before last year.Having said that, the 2 wins last year ARE important.As are guys like Mike Rupp who has a game-7-winning goal when he played for New Jersey, and Ruslan Fedotenko who had both goals in a 2-1 Stanley Cup winning game 7, likewise with Talbot. Matt Cooke scored a goal with 5 seconds left to send a game 7 to overtime when he played for the Canucks. Crosby is Crosby already, but his "game 7" goal in the Olympics could be included in this list as well. I don't know what the Habs recent history looks like, but I'd guess the experience and clutchness of this group of Pens probably beats them out.But, it's game 7, it's one game. History means **** all. Strange things happen, random heroes are born, etc.It's why we watch this game. The spontaneity, the unpredictability.

I couldn't find a definitive answer, but it looks like the Habs record in Game 7's (since 1948) is...12-6?Anyone have a good site to look up stats like this?By the way, whatever the result: GG, GUYS!!! Been a great series.

I don't know what the Habs recent history looks like, but I'd guess the experience and clutchness of this group of Pens probably beats them out.
2-0 in the last three years.

What's the record for earliest penalty?Edit: Um, and quickest to two penalties?2nd Edit: Besides a game where two players have already decided they're dropping the gloves immediately.

Let me be the first to say F you serge.
yup its my fault that:Crosby disappearedGonchar decided to play the role of the orange pilonFleury pretended he was back in Bantam..yup my fault
yup its my fault that:Crosby disappearedGonchar decided to play the role of the orange pilonFleury pretended he was back in Bantam..yup my fault
LOL
2-0 in the last three years.
god damnit, I lost it here. so ridiculous, this whole exchange.
Let me be the first to say F you serge.
poor serge. may we never, ever root for the same team.

Thank god I was playing cards throughout the game and therefore kept my emotions in check. Otherwise I probably would have needed to call my cable company to get another remote.The talent on the team is exceptional and on some nights was enough to get them a W. It was a frustrating year in a sense that you would see glimpses of what could be an awesome team but then you also get the feeling that something was missing.As far as who to blame? Shero? Gonchar? Fluery? Serge? Crosby? Malkin? Blah, whatever. Win as a team, lose as a team. They had the parts to get the job done and just didn't.Excuses?...none really. All I can think of is that the Pens have played more games than anyone not named the red wings in the past couple years. Combine that with the Olympics and condensed schedule and I'm sure the Pens will be happy to have an a little more of an offseason for a change.Congrats to the Habs and I think I may have to join their bandwagon in the east while I join San Jose's in the west. Bring on the CEC...consol3_330.jpgNow, where is my sand wedge?

As an aside, does this mean we have heard the last of serge's 'the nhl and the refs have fixed the games so the Pens can win' theory?

As an aside, does this mean we have heard the last of serge's 'the nhl and the refs have fixed the games so the Pens can win' theory?
As an aside when is your obsession with bashing me going to end..
Did you miss that awesome "puck off the ref's skate and into the back of the Montreal net" play?<grin>If that had been the start of an epic comeback on the part of the Pens (which it sure looked like it was going to be for a couple minutes at the end of the 2nd), no one would have ever heard the end of the NHL-bias towards the Pens argument.