Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Crap - I left the room for a minute and missed Cooke's goal :club: Serge is pissed, but I missed whatever he might or might not have done afterwards.
he is a classless piece of shit...Good game otherwise...Fun to watch.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Crap - I left the room for a minute and missed Cooke's goal :club: Serge is pissed, but I missed whatever he might or might not have done afterwards.
After scoring the goal he skated unnecessarily close by the Leafs bench and obviously barked something. This isn't even a chippy game.

gg guys...Well deserved, the mark of a great team is the ability to comeback and win the close ones..

Penguins sign Letang to a 4 year extension..Bye bye Gonchar???
Unless he takes a big pay cut, yep. Gotta say it's the right move. Tanger's getting better every game IMO. Rumor is Tanger's cap hit is 3.5.http://fromthepoint.com/nhl/penguins-sign-...-year-extensionAt least my jersey still works...unless you count the rumor they're never gonna wear these again.08119105150.JPG08119105158.JPG

Time to revisit the cap situation, with the Letang signing.2010-11:Kunitz (3.725) - Crosby (8.700) - RW (x.xxx)Dupuis (1.400) - Malkin (8.700) - RW (x.xxx)LW (x.xxx) - Staal (4.000) - Kennedy (0.725)Talbot (1.050) - Adams (0.550) - Rupp (0.825)Godard (0.750)Letang (3.500) - Orpik (3.750)Defense (x.xxx) - Goligoski (1.833)Defense (x.xxx) - Defense (x.xxx)Defense (x.xxx) Fleury (5.000)Backup (x.xxx)From CapGeek.com, we have $44,508,333 signed, in 10 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goaltender.Although there are rumors the cap may rise slightly, we'll conservatively assume it stays the same at $56.8M, and that the Penguins will have $12,291,667 in cap space.Needs:-3 forwards, including at least 2 top 6 wingers.-4 defensemen, ranging from a top tier player, to a 7th man.-1 backup goaltenderForwards:Un-signed: Ponikarovsky, Guerin, Fedotenko, CookeDefense:Un-signed: Gonchar, Eaton, Leopold, McKeeGoaltending:Un-signed: Johnson

wow Kunitz's hit is absurd. he's been playing well but man that's high. maybe the leafs want him?i have a feeling some of those reds are gonna b WBS pens

i have a feeling some of those reds are gonna b WBS pens
Yeah, I think you have to hope Tangradi plugs into a top 6 role (or even fills the spot on the Staal line, or however they want to run it) and saves us a bunch with an 800k cap hit.I also think they almost definitely go with a guy like Lovejoy for ~$800k as the #6 or #7 D-man, and then consider upgrading at the deadline again.I wouldn't mind seeing Leopold signed, if we're losing Gonchar. In case, that's a pretty solid, yet unspectacular, plan B, I suppose.
Gonchar's offensive numbers will be very hard to replace..
I agree, but I'm hoping we don't have to replace them.According to Shero, this signing has nothing to do with Gonchar's re-signability. His intentions were to get them both signed.I still think we can see Sarge for $4 million, or maybe even smaller if he wants a longer term?
Gonchar's offensive numbers will be very hard to replace..
no more than 13 goals in a year since he's been here. and close to 70% of his points on the power play. i love Gonch but he's gotten to be a huge liability defensively. and his offensive numbers aren't nearly close to compensating it for that kind of money.

2010-11 Proposal:Kunitz (3.725) - Crosby (8.700) - Tangradi (0.846)Dupuis (1.400) - Malkin (8.700) - RW (x.xxx)LW (x.xxx) - Staal (4.000) - Kennedy (0.725)Talbot (1.050) - Adams (0.550) - Rupp (0.825)Godard (0.750)Letang (3.500) - Orpik (3.750)Gonchar (4.000) - Goligoski (1.833)Leopold (2.250) - Lovejoy (0.700)Defense (x.xxx) Fleury (5.000)Curry (0.500)This would leave $4,133,334 in cap space. A $2.2M forward, a $1.3M forward, and a $600k 7th d-man.

2010-11 Proposal:Kunitz (3.725) - Crosby (8.700) - Tangradi (0.846)Dupuis (1.400) - Malkin (8.700) - RW (x.xxx)LW (x.xxx) - Staal (4.000) - Kennedy (0.725)Talbot (1.050) - Adams (0.550) - Rupp (0.825)Godard (0.750)Letang (3.500) - Orpik (3.750)Gonchar (4.000) - Goligoski (1.833)Leopold (2.250) - Lovejoy (0.700)Defense (x.xxx) Fleury (5.000)Curry (0.500)This would leave $4,133,334 in cap space. A $2.2M forward, a $1.3M forward, and a $600k 7th d-man.
your awesomei think i let Gonch walk and use that money on a 2M d man and get a better winger cause that's rough right now.
They numbers on that are clear fakes. Don't care if it was $25, I hate it.
yikes...easy. :club: I don't have that actual jersey. But that was the first place I thought to look to post pictures. Mine does look a little different and has the Winter Classic patch.
"I've played in the West most of my career and haven't seen him much. I went to the bench and asked for some advice on what he likes to do on shootouts. I got eight different answers. I guess he's just that good."
—Toronto goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere, on Sidney Crosby's shootout goal.
Who did Laschoff get the boarding misconduct against??Hoping it was Douche COoke
Fedotenko.Pretty terrible, completely unnecessary hit.Feds came back after missing 8 or 10 minutes.

The Penguins have announced their team awards for the season. Most of this is copied from Empty Netters.-"Good Guy" Award - Crosby and Fleury; From Empty Netters, "Basically, they're the ones who the media feel is the easiest to deal with."-Bill Guerin is nominated as the team's Masterton Trophy selection.-Jordan Staal is the players' player. Basically the players vote on that.-Brook Orpik is the team's defensive player.-Crosby wins the Edward J. DeBartolo aware. That's for community service.-The Booster Club award goes to Crosby also.-If you can imagine such a thing, Crosby wins the team's MVP award also. Shocker.================There have also been a number of non-Penguin blogs suggesting that Jordan Staal wins the Selke this year. I'm all for that. I'd like to see him nominated first, then we'll talk about how deserving he is in actually winning.

I hate to sound troll-ish, but I keep watching Pens games because I need Fleury in a pool, and each time, Im really dissapointed in what I see from them as a team. Team D still seems weak, and there seems to be this lack of urgency in their game. I realize they dont need it, but Im wondering if it will be so easy to turn on once the playoffs start. Id be worried if I was a Pens fan.

I hate to sound troll-ish, but I keep watching Pens games because I need Fleury in a pool, and each time, Im really dissapointed in what I see from them as a team. Team D still seems weak, and there seems to be this lack of urgency in their game. I realize they dont need it, but Im wondering if it will be so easy to turn on once the playoffs start. Id be worried if I was a Pens fan.
Yeah, I'm a little worried too. I still have the hope they'll turn it on in the playoffs, though.To be fair, outside of the Lightning game, they haven't really been playing "that" poorly though. And for the last 7 games or whatever it was, they were without 2 of their 3 best players.I've been a little concerned though, with one thing. Last year, in those close games where they didn't play up to par, they were managing to escape with wins and points anyways. This year, it seemed a little different though, but thinking back recently, they battled to tie the Washington game, they tied today's game late, and they battled back to beat Toronto in OT.The only real dominating win they've had recently was against a struggling Philly team, but that game could have gone differently as well, if the Gagne goal had been scored legally, which would have given the Flyers a 2-1 lead.The other thing is, without Malkin and Gonchar, the lines were really disjointed, and didn't feel very natural. Now that Malkin's back, they can get that 3rd line back together and go back to emphasize the strengths of this team, being depth down the middle. When you lose a Crosby or a Malkin, it allows teams to focus on the lone superstar offensively, and the trickle down effect is really big due to the relative lack of depth in other positions.I'm still concerned, but they've got 4 more games (including 3 should-be easy games) to really put it together and get rolling into the playoffs. We'll get to the doom and gloom when we fall behind 2-0 to Montreal, or something.