• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Jaromir Jagr is amazing. I heard these kids on the street saying that Jagr wants to play in the NHL. The penguins should trade Guerin + a 2nd to the Omsk Avangard of the KHL in exchange for Jaromir Jagr. Jaromir is averaging about 50 points a yr in the KHL, and because he is playing with Crosby or Malkin, it will probably increase his total by about 50 points, so I think the Penguins would be stupid to not trade Guerin for a guaranteed 100 point man.

Jaromir Jagr is amazing. I heard these kids on the street saying that Jagr wants to play in the NHL. The penguins should trade Guerin + a 2nd to the Omsk Avangard of the KHL in exchange for Jaromir Jagr. Jaromir is averaging about 50 points a yr in the KHL, and because he is playing with Crosby or Malkin, it will probably increase his total by about 50 points, so I think the Penguins would be stupid to not trade Guerin for a guaranteed 100 point man.
Jagr should be in the NHL...HOwever obviously there is no trading involved and any Stanley Cup contender would be glad to add him..Not sure if he is motivated enough to play in the NHL...but who knows..Also love to see Forsberg on Detroit..Would be cool
Jagr should be in the NHL...HOwever obviously there is no trading involved and any Stanley Cup contender would be glad to add him..Not sure if he is motivated enough to play in the NHL...but who knows..Also love to see Forsberg on Detroit..Would be cool
There are a number of players in this tournament who are better than some current NHL players. I don't have the time, plus I'm at a wedding, but I bet a decent lineup could be put together by non-NHL players...Jagr, Forsberg and Radulov for starters.
There are a number of players in this tournament who are better than some current NHL players. I don't have the time, plus I'm at a wedding, but I bet a decent lineup could be put together by non-NHL players...Jagr, Forsberg and Radulov for starters.
Must be some wedding.
Penguins get Jordan Leopold.
I've heard of the name but don't know much about him. He's got a fair amount of goals to make me think he's more of a offensive d-man. He was an Olympian 4 years ago so I'm not sure how far he's fallen from there. I do know he won't be wearing #44 for the Pens.orpik052808_480x285_pens.jpg
Heard this and saw it posted from a few people...All USA Hockey fans felt what it's like to be a Flyers or Caps fan today. :club:
My buddy that I work with (who's a Detroit fan) said he didn't realize he could hate Crosby more than he had before yesterday.
My buddy that I work with (who's a Detroit fan) said he didn't realize he could hate Crosby more than he had before yesterday.
your buddy and I think alike
I do know he won't be wearing #44 for the Pens.
Looks like he'll be wearing #4. Now he's gotta fill the skates of "
."SCUDHIT.jpg
Looks like he'll be wearing #4. Now he's gotta fill the skates of "
."SCUDHIT.jpg
Looks like he's also a former Hobey Baker award winner. Hopefully Steiggy doesn't try to make anymore jokes about Hobey Baker.
GM Ray Shero on the trade... http://www.pensburgh.com/2010/3/1/1331851/...st-priority-was
"I'm not really that interested in trading players off our team because I'm trying to strengthen it, not weaken it…..This was to strengthen our defense, which I think we needed to strengthen a bit. Right now we have eight NHL defensemen. Last year we went to the Final and won the Stanley Cup with eight NHL defensemen, and all of them played in the playoffs. It's important to have. We'll see what happens by Wednesday. Right now there are no cap implications.From our meetings and talking to our coaches, our first priority was to try to add a defenseman. Since Saturday I've been active trying to do that. I was more of a caller trying to see the value for players, who was going to be available and what the cost was. Once we established that, we've got Jordan Leopold now, we'll see what's out there. Maybe it's a minor league deal, maybe it's no deal at all, but we want to be in the mix of things and see what's out there."He's one of their top penalty killers. He wasn't playing as much on the power play but he still has seven goals. He's a guy that can skate, move the puck, he's got good NHL experience. I think for our group transitionally and not spending as much time in our end, I think that will be an important addition."

Shero says no precursor but the media is convinced Tanger, Gogo, or Gonch will be moved. Although i can't see gonch moving even if we aren't gonna sign him but the point is if we want to sign Tanger and Gogo then that could happen. I just saw an interview with Tanger and I hope he don't go. Poor guy was all shook up with his voice in full crackle saying how he doesn't want to leave.The news said we only have 400K left under cap after the prorating of Leo's salary. So we could probably only add a 1.5-1.7M salary as of now unless we move another roster player. Shero said "This is the group of fwds we won the cup with so I'm fully confident they can get the job done if they start playing to their ability". Nudge Fedetenko nudge.

I'm in the pick up Ponikarovsky camp.If we need to trade a defenseman, I hope it's Goligoski. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Pony, though.I know the Leafs were asking for a 2nd, but I'd give up a 3rd and Fedo, or something like that, I dunno.With regards to the defensem, there doesn't need to be another trade. Leopold is a UFA, and simply upgrades our defense for the balance of the season. Gonchar, Orpik, Letang, Eaton, Goligoski, Leopold, McKee. Waive Skoula to clear a tiny bit more cap room.