Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

On the way from the South Side to their hotel, I took them by where Big Ben has his motorcycle accident, then towards the new arena. We're at a red light a few blocks from the new arena and I see a bare ass guy (not a bum, looked like 30ish and nice clothes 1/2 on) about to sit on the arm rest of a bench in a parking lot right by the main road. I said "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" and the guys starts to shit right there. I yelled "NICE WORK!" out the window and we drove by.
The above pictures are where THIS happened!I'm running a small job (I'm a PM for a general contractor) in the building just to the left of the pictures. I went down there last week to go to the building and couldn't stop laughing while walking by that bench.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

after watching the pens championship dvd, billy guerin is my new favourite non geno/sid player. Seriously, why does he have to be 38 instead of like 34 or so, so that we could have 6 more years of him? Just an awesome interview, seems great in the room, good on the ice. And its really neat to see how he and a kid have formed a real bond.Also - at the end of the DVD, sid is on the bench hugging someone that starts with the #2, but they never show the back of his jersey, and you can hear Sid saying, 'thank you for everything', who that be, any guesses, etc?

I received my preordered copy yesterday and a 2nd copy from my grandparents as a birthday gift. Obviously I don't need 2. Anyone interested in purchasing one still in the plastic?

I received my preordered copy yesterday and a 2nd copy from my grandparents as a birthday gift. Obviously I don't need 2. Anyone interested in purchasing one still in the plastic?
I like how you have two and zach has a 1-3 week wait ahead of him
I like how you have two and zach has a 1-3 week wait ahead of him
i don't know how long and how much it would cost to send to canada but he could always cancel his order and get it from me.
i don't know how long and how much it would cost to send to canada but he could always cancel his order and get it from me.
whatever he's bidding, I bid $1 more.

so mckee is official? it would for sure eliminate all doubt over the pens defense. solid guy, just what the pens needed. and serge, I don't care what you say, as a hockey fan, it was damn heartwarming to see Mario with the cup again. this sport is just awesome.

Yeah, it just fills a hole. If it is for $800k, then it's easily worth the money. He's a 5th/6th defenseman at best. He's solid, nonetheless, and even for $800k, his risk of injury is worth it.ESPN says it's less than $1M, so whatever it is, $800k, 900k, whatever, that's great.

From Bill Simmons mailbag on espn.com....Q: I still can't get over the fact that Sidney Crosby has been living with Mario Lemieux since he was first drafted. Can you imagine any other sport where the No. 1 pick would go and live with his owner?-- Darren Low, TorontoSG: Couldn't agree more, and I have been thinking about it ever since it was mentioned during the finals and I said, "Wait a second, he's STILL living there?" I always thought hockey differentiated itself from other sports with the Canadian connection, playoff beards, fighting, the Cup, coming back into a game 10 minutes after taking 50 stitches in the face from a slapshot and everything else of that ilk. But you're right -- Crosby/Lemieux should be the first thing mentioned in any "Why are hockey players different than all other types of athletes?" conversation. If Matthew Stafford moved in with Detroit's owner, we'd think it was the weirdest thing that ever happened and make him a running joke every time he threw an interception: Look out, Matthew, you're gonna get grounded! Uh-oh, they're gonna take cable out of your room! That kind of stuff.In hockey? You could tell me any story about an NHL player, and I'd believe it. You could tell me Crosby and Geno Malkin share a condo, a bedroom and a bunk bed … I'd believe it. You could tell me the Maple Leafs soak their hands in deer urine before games because it makes their knuckles stronger … I'd believe it. You could tell me Chris Chelios is still playing at age 46 … I'd believe it. (What? He is?) You could tell me all NHL teams travel by bus and not plane … I'd believe it. Hockey players are a different breed. That's why we love them.You know how I started the Tyson Zone for athletes who pass the point of craziness and eventually you'll believe any story about them? I'd argue that there's also an NHL Zone -- you could pick any NHL-related story, real or made up, and tell another sports fan that story, and they'd have no choice but to believe it. Why? Because of moments like, "Yeah, the captain of the Stanley Cup champs still lives at his owner's house even though he's 21."

I just want to congratulate the penguin fans on a truly great accompishment. After the finals I wasnt happy with the result , however well deserved and they are true champions.I still remember on Feb 15th I was in Aruba and the Pens were out of a playoff spot. Great run and a great playoff.Congratulations.

I remember Feb 15th too. I was on a couch in Florida.That's the day they hired Bylsma, but we still lost to the Islanders (in OT or SO). It was only like 6 hours after he heard the news of becoming coach, so he hadn't imparted his effect on the team yet. :)It's still pretty tough to believe we came SO far from that day.It was so unbelievable, that I drove 9 hours to celebrate, in the middle of the night. Then somehow ended up partying in the same place as the entire team and the Stanley Cup. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I still don't believe any of that nonsense.The best part, is that we have essentially the same team from game 7 coming back next season, save Gill, Scuderi, and Satan. In their place we've added Goligoski and McKee to the defense, and Rupp, who is much better suited for the 4th line role than Satan or Sykora were.

I remember Feb 15th too. I was on a couch in Florida.That's the day they hired Bylsma, but we still lost to the Islanders (in OT or SO). It was only like 6 hours after he heard the news of becoming coach, so he hadn't imparted his effect on the team yet. :ts It's still pretty tough to believe we came SO far from that day.It was so unbelievable, that I drove 9 hours to celebrate, in the middle of the night. Then somehow ended up partying in the same place as the entire team and the Stanley Cup. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I still don't believe any of that nonsense.The best part, is that we have essentially the same team from game 7 coming back next season, save Gill, Scuderi, and Satan. In their place we've added Goligoski and McKee to the defense, and Rupp, who is much better suited for the 4th line role than Satan or Sykora were.
You have hit the ultimate plateau as a fan...So now what do you do? You come to the Leafs...Ride it out on our ascension to the lofty echelon of the NHL contenders. It may take a few years but it will be just as rewarding for you and probably a party like no other.So what do you say, are you up for the challenge? :club:
You have hit the ultimate plateau as a fan...So now what do you do? You come to the Leafs...Ride it out on our ascension to the lofty echelon of the NHL contenders. It may take a few years but it will be just as rewarding for you and probably a party like no other.So what do you say, are you up for the challenge? :club:
No, I think I'm gonna ride the Pittsburgh Penguins Gravy Train for the next 10-15 years or so, and then probably suffer through another downturn. God willing.
No, I think I'm gonna ride the Pittsburgh Penguins Gravy Train for the next 10-15 years or so, and then probably suffer through another downturn. God willing.
Doesn't a little piece of you wish they could have this core in the pre-salary cap era?
Doesn't a little piece of you wish they could have this core in the pre-salary cap era?
No because there would be no way we could have outbid any major market team.
No because there would be no way we could have outbid any major market team.
Good point. It would be interesting to see what Crosby would get from the leafs or habs in an uncapped world.