Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I've seen a lot of those types of hits I've never seen the hitter get hurt. Ovechkin has a history of taking runs at penguuns (Malkin, Crosby, Orpik - last game). It was just a matter of time before he seriously hurt someone and unfortunately if the rumors are true he did it tonight.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I'm biased. Is Ovechkin a cheap piece of shit for that knee on knee hit or not?
Dangerous but I dont think you can call it cheap. He didnt stick his knee out, he turned the corner at a time when knee on knee was likely. Its part of his balls out style that (as someone said in an earlier post) is going to get himself injured.Meanwhile I think Varalamov has woken up to the fact that he's playing for the Stanley Cup, and not for the Hershey Bears for the Calder Cup. Dont be shocked if Theodore is put in sometime in the next game, and bet heavy on the over.
Ovechkin comes gliding in, and tries to catch Gonchar after he sent the puck up the boards. Gonch saw him at the last second and moved out of the way, so Ovechkin stuck out his knee, hit Gonchar's knee, and sent him tumbling to the ice. Total d-bag move, and I really hope that piece of shit gets a game or 2 in the press box. Intent to injure, yet he only got 2 minutes for tripping. What a joke.
Yes, youre biased. In no way did he stick out his knee, and Im between neutral and favoring the Pens.
Dangerous but I dont think you can call it cheap. He didnt stick his knee out, he turned the corner at a time when knee on knee was likely. Its part of his balls out style that (as someone said in an earlier post) is going to get himself injured.
I've been saying this since his rookie season. I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet.
Yes, youre biased. In no way did he stick out his knee,
I agree here. Ovi never changes his path. Gonch tried to get out of the way, but his legs didn't come with his upper body.100% accident.
I don't see how you can look at this video at 1:26 and say he's NOT sticking his knee out
Do you skate? He was chasing the puck and making a sharp move to the right. That puts your weight on your right foot and on your outside edge so you are leaning that direction and your knee is somewhat exposed. Its a natural skating position. If he were intentionally sticking it out to make contact his leg would have been bent far more than it is.Nothing will come out of it, no fine, no suspension. here is an intentional knee on knee at :10Look how much more bent the players leg is.
I do...or I did...haven't in some time but I played for 6 years or so.anyway, you don't have to move your knee or "change [your] path" for it to be an intentional knee on knee hit
That depends on where your knee is and what your path is! Dangerous but unintentional.
3513514807_bd057d0ed6_m.jpgThis screenshot doesn't help the Ovi supporters IMO.
What that picture doesn't show is that .2 seconds before that Gonchar was completely upright and had leaned away to avoid a shoulder to shoulder hit.I'm a Pens fan and there's nothing I'd like to see more than an Ovechkin suspension but there's enough of an arguement in Ovechkins favor and I can't see one of the top faces of the NHL sitting out of such an entertaining series for that.
What that picture doesn't show is that .2 seconds before that Gonchar was completely upright and had leaned away to avoid a shoulder to shoulder hit.I'm a Pens fan and there's nothing I'd like to see more than an Ovechkin suspension but there's enough of an arguement in Ovechkins favor and I can't see one of the top faces of the NHL sitting out of such an entertaining series for that.
I've always had an issue with that. A fourth liner would get a game almost automatically. Why the hell should ANY star be treated any differently? And Ovi is a friend of mine, so I don't want to see him suspended. But I certainly think it's reviewable.
What that picture doesn't show is that .2 seconds before that Gonchar was completely upright and had leaned away to avoid a shoulder to shoulder hit.I'm a Pens fan and there's nothing I'd like to see more than an Ovechkin suspension but there's enough of an arguement in Ovechkins favor
Agree with all of this.

Even being a pens fan I could forgive Ovechkin if this was an isolated incident. It's just another example though of how the guy plays. He does two things on the ice - scores goals and head hunts. Like I said earlier it was just a matter of time before he hurt someone badly and it appears this is the time.

apparently not. Gonchar may play next game.
TSN both says that OVechkin won't get supplemental discipline, nor will Gonchar be able to play for weeks - and is most likely out for the season: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278120Guess that means he's not even getting a slap-on-the-wrist fine. Others have said this already - Ovie has a history, especially against the Pens, of head-hunting. Had this been an isolated incident, I wouldn't be quite as pissed that he's getting away with it. This should only encourage him.

"It's kind of the same thing he [Ovechkin] did with me last game," Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik said. "I mean, you can run guys, guys are fair game, but the guy takes strides every time and leaves his feet a lot of times, too. To us, we got the feeling he's really trying to hurt guys at times."

I'd put money on Boucher being in the line-up tonight. After that? No idea. Does this mean Goligoski is getting a call?
Goligoski got the call up, we'll see if he actually dresses.
Goligoski got the call up, we'll see if he actually dresses.
I'm hoping Boucher steps up big tonight. He seemed to do well when he was thrown a bone towards the end of the season, but I'm not sure if he's in playoff form or not.

I'LL BE COW KICKED!!!...JORDAN STAAL from Miroslav Satan!before i can hit submit AO ties it...what a douche. :club:

This second period is U-G-L-Y even though the only two goals have been scored in this period, thought the first was far more free flowing and smooth. This one is hella choppy.