• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

YES!!!!!....Big goal for Letang who i thought struggled all night handling the puck in some key situations...hopefully this is a major confindence boost for him for game 4.

Btw... that "hit" Ovechkin tried on Orpik was 10000% charging, and he does it ALL THE TIME. It's unreal the league lets him get away with it. He's going to seriously injure someone with an illegal hit, or he's going to injure himself needlessly.Not only did he take a million strides, but he also clearly left his feet, which would have been the reason he did a backflip.

And another thing... when the Caps loaded up their top line with Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom, they really became a one-dimensional team. Now, that one dimension is ridiculously good, but there was no real feeling of a threat to score while the other 3 lines were on the ice. I think they're a lot better with their top 2 lines a lot more balanced. At the same time, I really didn't see much of Ovechkin in this game, aside from his lucky-bounce goal, until they put the super-line together in the 3rd.

I wonder how many more death threats Ovechkin's going to get after this game :club: Great rally after Gonchar's injury - HUGE win tonight, but I'm not thrilled about Gonchar's situation.

Being in the middle of the ocean en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Montego Bay, Jamaica I was busy working until about 10:00 to go in the 3rd period. Plenty of time though to Mike Lange's Max Talbot goal call. Good stuff.What happend to Gonchar. Lange said Ovechkin caused it...dirty hit/slash?

Being in the middle of the ocean en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Montego Bay, Jamaica I was busy working until about 10:00 to go in the 3rd period. Plenty of time though to Mike Lange's Max Talbot goal call. Good stuff.What happend to Gonchar. Lange said Ovechkin caused it...dirty hit/slash?
Ovechkin comes gliding in, and tries to catch Gonchar after he sent the puck up the boards. Gonch saw him at the last second and moved out of the way, so Ovechkin stuck out his knee, hit Gonchar's knee, and sent him tumbling to the ice. Total d-bag move, and I really hope that piece of shit gets a game or 2 in the press box. Intent to injure, yet he only got 2 minutes for tripping. What a joke.
Not sure what's gonna happen from that but I have a hard time believing anything more than a fine would be coming. It's dirty no doubt. Pens post game show said there's no update on Gonchar but based on the fact he went out so early and never returned I wouldn't expect to see him tomorrow.

Since you guys all see in yellow/black, I'd like to make a non-biased comment. At first when I saw it, I thought it was dirty as well. Then PJ Stock talked about it after the game, and I kinda agree with his angle/opinion. It looks like when Gonch got out of the way, Ovechkin was already coming full steam and following through. He does look like he's leaning forward awkwardly when they collide. I'd say it's about 80% likely it was an accidental collision (since he risks hurting his own knee there too), as Ovechkin declared post game.