Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Penguins' Kunitz to be fined for cross-checking goalieTuesday, May 05, 2009By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-GazettePenguins left winger Chris Kunitz will be fined, but not suspended, for a cross-check to the head of Washington goalie Simeon Varlamov late in the Capitals' 4-3 victory in Game 2 of their second-round playoff series at the Verizon Center last night.Kunitz had a telephone hearing with Colin Campbell, the NHL's director of hockey operations, today.The amount of his fine was not immediately known.Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau described Kunitz' cross-check as "pretty vicious" after Game 2, and left winger Alex Ovechkin labeled it a "cheap shot" following Washington's practice today.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Personally I have never heard about the opposing team complaining about the little break in action after a hat trick is scored. Usually the team that is scored it wants to keep things going since they allegedly have all the "momentum." As an opposing team I would like the rest and the chance to figure out what we need to do to get back in this. But what do I know, I like baseball and I never played in a checking league. lol
I didnt want to post about this as it would appear iam trolling,but what a pussy Crosby...Who the hell complains about hats after a hat trick..Sucker didnt even get one hat after his cheap last minute hat trick..lol
I didnt want to post about this as it would appear iam trolling,but what a pussy Crosby...Who the hell complains about hats after a hat trick..Sucker didnt even get one hat after his cheap last minute hat trick..lol
There was at least one. Once again, you are wrong.

There were a few, I was ashamed with in each of them but they were there. Sitting in the last row I would have never came close to the ice, but I still wouldn't of thrown my hat if it was GWG in the Stanley Cup Finals either. I paid good enough money for that hat.There were a ton of hats at first for AO but what was annoying was that it was as if whole sections decided to wait until it was clean and they throw a whole bunch. It happen 3-4 times in different areas of the ice. Gotta agree though that it hurt the Caps more than the Pens but it's still a tradition that Caps fans could have handled better.

Personally I have never heard about the opposing team complaining about the little break in action after a hat trick is scored. Usually the team that is scored it wants to keep things going since they allegedly have all the "momentum." As an opposing team I would like the rest and the chance to figure out what we need to do to get back in this. But what do I know, I like baseball and I never played in a checking league. lol
I honestly think it's dumb to complain about it as well, but I would have to guess that he's not the only one who has done it. The only reason this is even public is because it was Sidney Crosby. He can't go have a normal conversation with a referee (AS A CAPTAIN) in this league without 200 message boards and blogs ripping on him for being a whiner. It's crazy.It's a captains job to work the referees. Mike Richards "spoke" with the officials the entire Philly series, and all it got was Pierre Maguire blowing his load over how great of a leader Mike Richards is. Ovechkin throws up a dive on that penalty in the 3rd, and there isn't a mention of it. Sid does that, and the internet explodes.The double standard is retarded, is all I'm saying.The delay was ridiculously long after that goal, fwiw, but I don't know how that doesn't work in Pittsburgh's favor.

He probably should have not answered the media's questions at that time. I think he knew what was coming when he finished it off saying, "I wasn't complaining." Well, you were, but whatever. He needs to learn to pick his spots a little better with the media in my non-checking league opinion. Sports Center had a good laugh over it this morning.

The last 9 goals scored by the Pens. In order, with most recent first on the list...CrosbyCrosbyCrosbyEatonCrosbyCrosbyGoncharCrosbyEaton

The last 9 goals scored by the Pens. In order, with most recent first on the list...CrosbyCrosbyCrosbyEatonCrosbyCrosbyGoncharCrosbyEaton
I think there are some people that may need to step up. But again, no checking league.
Did you hit each other with your purses? Just wondering.
Of course not. How could we hold the purse when we already had our foam hockey stick in one hand and our vagina's in our other hand?
Of course not. How could we hold the purse when we already had our foam hockey stick in one hand and our vagina's in our other hand?
HAHA nice.
LOL...well played
...seriously?
:club:
LOL...well played :club:
For clarification, I wasn't commenting on the above conversation - I was commenting on the horrible start of this game.
For clarification, I wasn't commenting on the above conversation - I was commenting on the horrible start of this game.
I get it, i was agreeing with you on the start of the game given the :club: face....i lol'ed at the piddle's comment.That all being said they should have a solid start to the 2nd period.
I get it, i was agreeing with you on the start of the game given the :club: face....i lol'ed at the piddle's comment.That all being said they should have a solid start to the 2nd period.
So far, so good... 1-1 and a Pens PP coming up...not that the Pen's PP has been all that successful.

Federov clutching his ribs confirms it - I think Gill's butt end of his stick caught him in the ribs when those two bumped into each other.