• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I missed Zach,Dev,Doox,Fryer and the boys and their running commentary on the Pens games..
Cause, I'm always here on Sat nights....btw, I'm not saying what Crosby did was in any way only 2 mins worth, but I liked how the video cut out the part where he got jumped after his initial hit, Letang drags ????, out and Crosby goes after ???? (same guy), who jumped him.

Just an update to my Penguin friends, if you are travelling this fine Christmas season and dont have access to nhl.com and such websites that speak the truth.The Pittsburgh Penguins in their last 15 games have just 6 wins...Where it gets bad is of those 6 wins only one was against a team ahead of them in the standings( New Jersey)..2 wins EACH agaisnt Isles and Thrashers and one against Carolina.Just a friendly update..Thanks

What the heck do the Pens have to do to draw a penalty in this game?I've seen like a dozen hooks and holds from the Sabres with no calls, and the Pens have had a few chincy calls against them.Also, the production on VS is awful. Show replays of the penalties, at least, for ****s sakes. They barely show any replays of things that aren't goals, like I want to see replays of the small plays, etc, like most good hockey productions actually show.

That goal certainly could have gone either way. So tough to tell from those angles. That has to be like right at crossbar height. When the ref doesn't make a ruling on the ice, wtf does he default to in that spot?

Good vibes for the day...Malkin's 43 assists, alone, would place him behind only Sidney Crosby in the NHL scoring race, and tied with Ovechkin. He'd be 3 points ahead of the next player.
gg..i am on tilt..a loss would of been huge, for many reasons..

Normally I'm not a fan of giving a team a point when we win, but I'm ok with it tonight. So who sits when Whitney comes back? I think it has to be Eaton. Goligoski can be sent down without risk, but there's just no way it's going to happen - especially after tonight.

Gotta be Eaton, I guess. It's a dumb situation now. The biggest problem is that our returning defensemen are offensive, puck movers. Gonchar will be a while yet, but Gogo is pretty disposable at this point, unfortunately. Whitney, Letang, Boucher are probably ahead of him, in terms of offensive d-men, and Orpik isn't going anywhere. The other 2 spots need to be filled by guys who are more responsible defensively, really. Scuderi, Eaton, Gill... I don't know. Letang has been really good defensively, as well, so that could mean that Gogo gets to stay. Gogo's biggest problem has been his defensive coverage, so that might cost him. We'll see what Gogo's ice time is in the next few games while Gill is still out, but Whitney is in the lineup.

More on the Crosby cheap shot:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl,130785My favourite line:We all know that if Patrick Kane had said "sloppy seconds," it'd probably already be on a T-shirt sold near Wrigley. And if Boris Valabik had punched Sidney Crosby in the undercarriage, he'd already be serving his suspension

Too bad I was on the opposite side of the arena when Fleury made that save - my jaw just dropped. I need to see if I can dig up a replay of both that, and the almost-goal that needed reviewed. That was all everyone around me was bitching about afterwards, and my Lemieux jersey got a lot of angry looks in the bathroom line afterwards :club:

ok - I just saw a replay. In the arena, the replay actually looked like a goal. I think everyone saw the puck go under the red crossbar, not over the red line. I actually thought it was a goal, but the replay on TSN looked better. Anyone know how valid the slashing call on Gionta was in the last 2 minutes of the game? I know that Whitney's penalty was absolute horse shit, so I'm guessing the slash might have been an even-up call since it happened 12 seconds later, or so.

ok - I just saw a replay. In the arena, the replay actually looked like a goal. I think everyone saw the puck go under the red crossbar, not over the red line. I actually thought it was a goal, but the replay on TSN looked better. Anyone know how valid the slashing call on Gionta was in the last 2 minutes of the game? I know that Whitney's penalty was absolute horse shit, so I'm guessing the slash might have been an even-up call since it happened 12 seconds later, or so.
Whitney made a play at the puck with a broken stick whick is a clear penalty...Gionta's penalty was pretty clear as well..

Whitney's penalty was a good call as he clearly made a play at the puck with a broken stick. Gionta's call was also a good call as he slashed Orpik's stick right out of his hands.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. From my angle, I was behind Whitney when it happened. I saw him clear a puck, his stick fell apart, and then he dropped it. The ref looked at him, and then raised his hand. If it was cracked before that, then I didn't realize it.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. From my angle, I was behind Whitney when it happened. I saw him clear a puck, his stick fell apart, and then he dropped it. The ref looked at him, and then raised his hand. If it was cracked before that, then I didn't realize it.
It wasn't cracked before that, it was in half. He made a play at the puck with the broken end of the shaft, haha.And yea, what they said on the Gionta call.
The last two Pens games, I've really seen Malkin trying to do too much on his own. Something to keep an eye on....
Yeah, he does that shit every game, but one of these times he's gonna get lucky and score the goal of the year, and everyone will forget about it, lol.