Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

You make ok points..But here is one for you...Since November 13th, the Penguins have only one win against a team higher then them in the standings...And you didnt go there by saying Toronto is an easy game...Bulletin board material for my boys..thanks :club:
haha, that's taken out of context.Those 4 as a whole are seemingly easier games compared to the 4 after that which include Montreal, Boston twice, and Florida. It's not neccesarily a knock on individual teams but on the sets of 4 teams as a whole.Having said all that Toronto does suck. :ts
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

haha, that's taken out of context.Those 4 as a whole are seemingly easier games compared to the 4 after that which include Montreal, Boston twice, and Florida. It's not neccesarily a knock on individual teams but on the sets of 4 teams as a whole.Having said all that Toronto does suck. :club:
its all good..I am really looking forward to Saturday night...HNIC showing the Leafs like they should..Should be fun..Enjoy the game.

What are you Penguin lads thinking of this St. Louis chat? Using Gonhcar/Whitney cap space. Any truth in this whatsoever?http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit081214.html

I don't understand why people get so upset about our team having a solid 3rd line center. I come across this on every Penguins board I ever see.Staal isn't going to get you a guy like Hossa for 5 years, it simply isn't going to happen, and trading him for a rental winger is mildly retarded. Staal is one of the top 3rd line centres in the league right now, and we should embrace the depth he gives us. Staal/Kennedy/Cooke was a powerful line when TFK was healthy, and it took a lot of the pressure off of our top lines, which in turn made them immeasurably better.Just because the guy isn't scoring 80 points per year doesn't mean he's not a huge factor on this team. Staal is in the top 3 in forwards in terms of ice time, sometimes even playing more than Sid and Geno. He leads the team in SH minutes, and don't forget that PK is 13th in the league (although it was much higher before the Philly game, where they scored 4). He's on pace for his second 25+ goal season, and, he's only 20 years old!People get so caught up in the stats sometimes, it's weird. Kessel is hot now, and I do think he's a great player, but he was invisible for most of last season, and definitely has some defensive leaks.As it is, Staal would be a 2nd line center on most NHL teams, and even a 1st liner on some. The fact that we have him on the 3rd line speaks to the depth of our team, and I don't understand why people want to disrupt that depth.It's also important to note that his trade value is probably pretty low, coming off of a poor statistical season, and a slow start this year. There's no sense in selling low. He won't get you a top flight winger for the long term, and that's all this team is lacking.

What are you Penguin lads thinking of this St. Louis chat? Using Gonhcar/Whitney cap space. Any truth in this whatsoever?http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit081214.html
Article says Whitney isn't gonna be back for at least a month. Everything I've read recently says he should be back by the end of the month or very early next month. Obviously Gonchars contract is enough to cover the cost of St. Louis though. He'd be a good fit with Crosby I think but its probably a bad idea to mortage more of your future for the 2nd year in a row especially since the Penguins probably aren't as likely to make a run to the cup this year.

Good luck Pens..If you manage to Lose to Atlanta today, its very likely that the Pens will be out of a playoff spot before XMAS...Even myself, the ultimate Pens non supporter, couldnt have imagined this beatiful scenario so soon..GO THRASHERS

Oh my God, that's the creepiest picture I've ever seen. Even the poor kid looks scared.
Mark Eaton thinks something's hilarious and Boucher just doesn't seem to give a shit.
So far, Fleury's looking pretty decent - the 2 that got past him were both on the D, not him. Anyone know what happened to Dupuis?
The 3rd goal's on Satan. 4 points for Malkin, 2 points for Crosby, and 2 points for the Pens. Bring on the Leafs.

Penguins coach Michel Therrien said defenseman Ryan Whitney is "very close" to joining the lineup after recovering from foot surgery and that he hopes it will happen before the Christmas break.

Penguins sign Talbot to two-year contractFriday, December 19, 2008By Shely Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe Penguins have signed forward Max Talbot to a two-year contract that runs through 2010-11. His current deal was scheduled to end after this season.Talbot, 24, has four goals, three assists in 28 games, although he has missed the past two games with what is believed to be a foot injury. He practiced with the team today.In another move, the team assigned defenseman Ryan Whitney to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on a conditioning assignment. Whitney, who practiced at Mellon Arena before traveling, has not played this season because of foot surgery. He is expected to play just one game for the Baby Penguins, tomorrow night, and is likely to be recalled and in the lineup for the Penguins Monday at Buffalo or Tuesday at home against Tampa Bay.The Penguins also traded minor-league forward Jonathan Filewich to St. Louis for a conditional draft pick in 2010.