• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

what's the score dev? I m out and need my penguin fix
2-1 Flyers, now.The first period was the ugliest period I've seen in a while in terms of officiating. Just terribly weak calls, then on a Pens PP, Malkin gets tripped clearly, going through the neutral zone, then Crosby gets kneed/tripped down low, then 2 seconds later, Fedotenko literally taps a defensemen's stick, who drops it like he'd been shot, and Feds gets a penalty.Probably 5 mins of 5 on 5 play in the period, if that. Hard to get any sort of flow going, and the Flyers connected on 2 of their PPs.
I can't imagine how Fleury is healthy enough to back up, but not start. Why not just keep Curry up? It makes no sense.Sabourin should be out of this game, imho. He's swimming again.
4-1 Flyers. Why can't they be playing the Isles again?

Its as simple as this. The pens are playing the flyers game. Taking a lot of penalties and the Flyers are capitalizing on it. Sabu's time is done, as Errey said I'd expect to see MAF in the 3rd to get him some game action.

This has been one of the stupidest games I've ever seen, from an officiating standpoint, still. I mentioned how the first was retarded, so the refs decide to put their whistles away in the 2nd? WTF?

I'd say these 5 days off couldn't come at a better time. Next game will take place Thursday as I'm driving home for the start of my 17 days off for the holidays. :club:

I taped the game as I wasn't able to see it when it started. I found myself fast forwarding through the last third of it :club: I'll actually be attending the Pens/Devils game in NJ on the 26th. I hope they find their groove before that game...

I taped the game as I wasn't able to see it when it started. I found myself fast forwarding through the last third of it :club: I'll actually be attending the Pens/Devils game in NJ on the 26th. I hope they find their groove before that game...
Ya lets hope so. I'll be in the Mellon arena on the 23rd (Tampa) and 30th (Boston). The first I'll pretty much kill myself if they lose, the other I can live with a loss (as long as I haven't already killed myself)
Pens at Blackhawks....Feb 27....99% sure I'll be there.
Nice, hopefully they'll be on roll during that time as I'm 100% sure I'll be attending Pens @ Flyers on Feb 21st and Pens @ Caps on Feb 22nd.Also I'll be attending Pens @ Caps again on March 8th. There's also talk of making the trip to Columbus March 12th.But before all that happens I'm also going to Lightning @ Pens on Dec. 23rd followed by Bruins @ Pens on Dec. 30th.Oh and I think I'll also be attending at least 5-6 other Caps games not including the Pens. I have tickets to 10 games but I'm sure I'll end up putting a few on ebay. Serge, you interested in Leafs @ Caps on Sun, December 28th?</pitiful attempt to make everyone jealous>
Nice, hopefully they'll be on roll during that time as I'm 100% sure I'll be attending Pens @ Flyers on Feb 21st and Pens @ Caps on Feb 22nd.Also I'll be attending Pens @ Caps again on March 8th. There's also talk of making the trip to Columbus March 12th.But before all that happens I'm also going to Lightning @ Pens on Dec. 23rd followed by Bruins @ Pens on Dec. 30th.Oh and I think I'll also be attending at least 5-6 other Caps games not including the Pens. I have tickets to 10 games but I'm sure I'll end up putting a few on ebay. Serge, you interested in Leafs @ Caps on Sun, December 28th?</pitiful attempt to make everyone jealous>
It would be cool, but I cant get away during that time...Actually it would of been cool to go to Pitts this Saturday to watch the Leafs.
It would be cool, but I cant get away during that time...Actually it would of been cool to go to Pitts this Saturday to watch the Leafs.
Too bad, well if anyone else is interested let me know because I need to put them on ebay pretty soon. There's 2 of them somewhere in the upper bowl. I can get you prices/seating information if interested.As for Leafs @ Pens, I can't remember any other team's fanbase that traveled better to Mellon Arena than them. It helped that it was the dark years pre-lockout.

Consol buys naming rights to new hockey arenaMonday, December 15, 2008By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe Penguins today announced that Consol Energy has signed a 21-year deal for naming rights to the team's new arena, scheduled to open in 2010.The building will be known as the Consol Energy Center.

Consol buys naming rights to new hockey arenaMonday, December 15, 2008By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe Penguins today announced that Consol Energy has signed a 21-year deal for naming rights to the team's new arena, scheduled to open in 2010.The building will be known as the Consol Energy Center.
I don't hate it. An improvement over the Mellon Arena i'd say.

Here are the media contacts from the press release:Media contacts: Tom HoffmanCONSOL Energy 724-485-4060412-996-0046 (mobile) tomhoffman@consolenergy.com Tom McMillan Pittsburgh Penguins 412-642-1828 412-719-5560 (mobile) tmcmillan@pittsburghpenguins.com I am in the middle of sending an email to Tom McMillan , will post it when I am done.

email just sent to Tom McMillan:Hi Tom,I am a huge hockey fan and just heard the news that the Pittsburgh Penguins have come into an agreement with Consol Energy for the naming rights to the new arena. As a lifelong Penguins fan, I am really not happy with this decision at all. Growing up its always been the igloo, when referring to the shrine that featured Lemieux,Jagr,Coffey, Barrasso and all the other greats that we have had the pleasure of watching. I understand the business of sport, but was there no way we can keep the tradition alive by naming it the Igloo? Mellon arena was bad enough , but with all due respect to Consol, its not going to be the same.I am probably one of the biggest Penguins fans in the Toronto area, and just talked to a few of my friends who are also Penguin fans, and they are really disappointed. One of my friends who Ill just call Zachary, even went so far as to name his dog igloo.Anyways I am sure there isn’t much that can be done, however I just wanted to voice my opinion. ThanksLet you guys know if he responds.

How bored are you?
I thought it would be fun..Check the Leafs thread in a few minutes to the email I am sending Howard Berger.
I'm sure if you throw them a few million dollars to help offset the revenue from Consol, they'd be happy to name it anything you wanted.
I have always wondered how much it actually is??Whats the stop some rich guy to pay the Penguins to name the Arena after him...If Zach wins the WSOP next year, he could of paid the Pens to call the Arena The Zach Place
I have always wondered how much it actually is??Whats the stop some rich guy to pay the Penguins to name the Arena after him...If Zach wins the WSOP next year, he could of paid the Pens to call the Arena The Zach Place
I hope they serve Zach's burgers at the concession.