Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I'm usually quick to jump serge on here, but this is a pretty clear no bet imo. There was clearly no amount agreed upon, a bet isn't set without terms being set first. Say what you want about Serge, but hes never weaseled out of a legit bet on here. I'm not sure if Dale is being serious here because its often times tough to tell between him and Serge. If you are serious Dale, I think youre way off here.
I'd have to agree with you here. It's because of their long prop bet history that it seems a bit weasley.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I'm usually quick to jump serge on here, but this is a pretty clear no bet imo. There was clearly no amount agreed upon, a bet isn't set without terms being set first. Say what you want about Serge, but hes never weaseled out of a legit bet on here. I'm not sure if Dale is being serious here because its often times tough to tell between him and Serge. If you are serious Dale, I think youre way off here.
Had monkey offered a ridiculous bet amount, nobody would expect Serge to honor it. Since it was a much smaller bet than Serge usually makes, though, it comes down to being honorable. Ha.
I'd have to agree with you here. It's because of their long prop bet history that it seems a bit weasley.
That really doesn't come into play. If Serge said 'Ill give you 3-1 on 10 dollars' and Dale says 'book it' and Serge went and tried to say he didn't say book it to. That would be weaseling. As is there were no terms so no bet imo.
I don't want to go off topic but Philly was losing 5-1 and has since tied it at 5....dod gammit!!!
and f'n Scott Hartnell has a hatty.
Flyers take a Too much Men penalty in OT...do it!Edit...shootout.
Fuck you Leighton. Not only to the douchebag Flyers come back from a 5-1 deficit to win in a shootout I also get a -3.0 from Carolina goalies. Why did I play them you ask? My other goalies are the Islanders.
I am quite serious. I understand that the amount was not agreed upon, but Serge offered me 3-1 odds and didn't suggest a limit on the amount. We have quite a few wagers on the go and I could understand him backing out if I wagered a ridiculous amount but I wagered $10.
So Serge is weaseling out of the bet by trying to make it appear that he was only going to book the bet if I was betting less than $10...LOL.
That really doesn't come into play. If Serge said 'Ill give you 3-1 on 10 dollars' and Dale says 'book it' and Serge went and tried to say he didn't say book it to. That would be weaseling. As is there were no terms so no bet imo.
It could be argued that Serge was offering me 3-1 on ANY amount I wished to wager.
I am quite serious. I understand that the amount was not agreed upon, but Serge offered me 3-1 odds and didn't suggest a limit on the amount. We have quite a few wagers on the go and I could understand him backing out if I wagered a ridiculous amount but I wagered $10.
There is no doubt the amount isn't ridiculous at all. Be honest here the normal way that bet would play out is this :Serge: I'll give you 3-1Dale: on 10 bucks?Serge: Book it.There we have a bet, you were unlucky that the bet came to fruition before you could get Serge to sign on the dotted line so to speak.
You also played Sykora so I don't think you need to worry too much.
Crunch Bunch has a bunch of Ducks left...but he also has San Jose goalie (who is facing them tonight). That helps.
It could be argued that Serge was offering me 3-1 on ANY amount I wished to wager.
you are the weasel imo....Its a non issue for me...Ask anyone if i have ever weaseled out of a bet..NEVER in my life..
you are the weasel imo....Its a non issue for me...Ask anyone if i have ever weaseled out of a bet..NEVER in my life..
I certainly remember a time when it took you a long ass time to payoff after a bet.
There is no doubt the amount isn't ridiculous at all. Be honest here the normal way that bet would play out is this :Serge: I'll give you 3-1Dale: on 10 bucks?Serge: Book it.There we have a bet, you were unlucky that the bet came to fruition before you could get Serge to sign on the dotted line so to speak.
It doesn't always go down that way. If you go back and read the exchange I'm quite certain I said "Book it!" and not "Book it?". It's a technicality and there is no doubt what both parties were agreeing to and that the amount was an acceptable amount based on past wagers.If 10 minutes had gone by before Serge had come back into the thread am I still held accountable to the bet?It's painfully obvious to everyone what the bet was and that Serge was willing to accept the bet. He is choosing to weasel out of it.
You weaseled out of this one, weasel.
It doesn't always go down that way. If you go back and read the exchange I'm quite certain I said "Book it!" and not "Book it?". It's a technicality and there is no doubt what both parties were agreeing to and that the amount was an acceptable amount based on past wagers.If 10 minutes had gone by before Serge had come back into the thread am I still held accountable to the bet?It's painfully obvious to everyone what the bet was and that Serge was willing to accept the bet. He is choosing to weasel out of it.
Dale, There is NO wager agreed upon..To be honest with you I wanted to bet a lot more than $10...as a matter of fact I would of booked it at probalby $25...The point is you cant have a bet if there is no amount..You cant just arbitrarily pick an amount and the bet is binding before I agree to it..you really are the ****ing weasel....
No I think an in game bet like this has to happen immediately to be good. It's obviously tough to make in game bets like this online for the very scenario were looking at right here.
Dale, There is NO wager agreed upon..To be honest with you I wanted to bet a lot more than $10...as a matter of fact I would of booked it at probalby $25...The point is you cant have a bet if there is no amount..You cant just arbitrarily pick an amount and the bet is binding before I agree to it..you really are the ****ing weasel....
So you are admitting that you were willing to accept any amount up to and including $25 (at 3-1) yet you're not willing to pay up on the $10 amount I wagered at 3-1 odds? Wow, you're an angle-shooting weasel douchebag.
Wait, so you owe him $75 then?
So you are admitting that you were willing to accept any amount up to and including $25 (at 3-1) yet you're not willing to pay up on the $10 amount I wagered at 3-1 odds? Wow, you're an angle-shooting weasel douchebag.
I guess logic is not in your vocabulary...In your scenario, you could of waited till Sykora scored to accept the bet...Its so simple, I set the line on a bet, you agree to book it and I confirm..