Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

too bad..and all you penguin ****heads go **** yourselves...You arent involved..
I never took you for someone who would back out of a bet you legitimately lost.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

ok so if he said ok Ill take it for $100000 I have to accept it..
Obviously not, but there's no question that you were willing to do a $10 bet.And Pens fans are getting involved because...? Maybe it's the whole "Pittsburgh Penguins Thread" thing, I dunno.
I never took you for someone who would back out of a bet you legitimately lost.
I NEVER have ever....You cant just book a bet without the other guy agreeing....You say bet it for $10, then i have to say agree..then its booked..thats how it works..

If you wanna get really technical, Serge is right, since no amount was agreed upon. However, since everyone including Serge knows that he was willing to do a bet for that amount, the classy thing to do would be to pay the bet.

If you wanna get really technical, Serge is right, since no amount was agreed upon. However, since everyone including Serge knows that he was willing to do a bet for that amount, the classy thing to do would be to pay the bet.
no first of all, its a live bet...I am not even watching the game...What if he waits till Sykora scores and says..Ok I will book it..**** you all...I have never weaseled myself out of a bet..

I bet if we did a search, "Serge" and "classy" have never been used in the same post before. Anyways, him backing out could save him way more than the cost of this bet. It ought to help kill any future action he might get, and that could potentially save him thousands.

I NEVER have ever....You cant just book a bet without the other guy agreeing....You say bet it for $10, then i have to say agree..then its booked..thats how it works..
Yeah, go fuck yourself.
doesnt this make sense?If Dale had said $1000, was the bet on?seems kind of a grey area to me, not as black and white as you guys are making it out to be.and as an aside, what the hell, did Dale take the bet about a second before Sykora scored? Nice call.
no first of all, its a live bet...I am not even watching the game...What if he waits till Sykora scores and says..Ok I will book it..**** you all...I have never weaseled myself out of a bet..
and what if you waited till there were 2 minutes left in the game?
I think we all know monkey wouldn't do something like that. At this point, though, I don't believe I can say the same about you.
Nice angle shooting, weasel.
I think we all know monkey wouldn't do something like that. At this point, though, I don't believe I can say the same about you.
i dont even know who you are so what the **** do you know about me and my honour..I have never weaseled anyone in my life..Especially a guy like Dale, who I consider a friend.
doesnt this make sense?If Dale had said $1000, was the bet on?seems kind of a grey area to me, not as black and white as you guys are making it out to be.and as an aside, what the hell, did Dale take the bet about a second before Sykora scored? Nice call.
Serge proposed the bet...dale agreed and about 5 minutes later bam.
I don't go off topic but Philly was losing 5-1 and has since tied it at 5....dod gammit!!!
yeah. gammit.this is ugly, really ugly. This thing turned 180 degrees in a couple of minutes...by the way, 4th game between these 2 in like 13 days.
then he wouldnt have to take the bet..
I thought it would have been booked as soon as you said so? So now we'd have to wait for reconfirmation?So I'm understanding this right...1) One person mentions a bet2) Another gives odds3) First offers amount4) second confirms amount5) First reconfirms6) Accounting Firm reconfirms7) Pizza Break8) Game ends9) First hesitates10) Rapture11) Bet is paid

Just take it to arbitration. Start a new topic in off topic. Present the evidence and ask if people think setge should pay. Make so they actually have to respond in the thread and disregard any votes from people that may be biased towards or against the participants. Real simple solution.

Just take it to arbitration. Start a new topic in off topic. Present the evidence and ask if people think setge should pay. Make so they actually have to respond in the thread and disregard any votes from people that may be biased towards or against the participants. Real simple solution.
Good luck finding anybody here not biased against Serge.

So Serge is weaseling out of the bet by trying to make it appear that he was only going to book the bet if I was betting less than $10...LOL.What a f'n weasel.

Id like to see who you find from this forum who doesnt have a strong opinion of Serge. :club:
I don't want to go off topic but Philly was losing 5-1 and has since tied it at 5....dod gammit!!!
and f'n Scott Hartnell has a hatty.
Flyers take a Too much Men penalty in OT...do it!Edit...shootout.

I'm usually quick to jump serge on here, but this is a pretty clear no bet imo. There was clearly no amount agreed upon, a bet isn't set without terms being set first. Say what you want about Serge, but hes never weaseled out of a legit bet on here. I'm not sure if Dale is being serious here because its often times tough to tell between him and Serge. If you are serious Dale, I think youre way off here.