Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

The problem is that John Curry scares the shit out of them. Fluery's getting closer and I've heard they may be getting him back with Whitney within a week or 2.Sabu's played well but I think the defense has played much better overall in front of him. Fluery was asked to stand on his head a lot more than Sabu. Sabu has been solid overall but just seems mentally/physically worn down from all these games. I don't think there's anyone that can honestly say with a larger sample size that Fluery wouldn't be their goalie of choice.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Penguins Gill to miss two to four weeksTuesday, December 09, 2008By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-GazettePenguins defenseman Hal Gill, joining the growing list of injured players, will miss two to four weeks with a right shoulder injury he suffered during the third period Saturday at Ottawa.He is the fourth defenseman out, along with Ryan Whitney (foot surgery), Sergei Gonchar (shoulder surgery) and Phillippe Boucher (undisclosed injury). Whitney is practicing with the team and could return later this month. Gonchar is out until later in the season. Boucher is week to week.The Penguins over the weekend recalled Ben Lovejoy from their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm club, and he made his NHL debut Monday in a 4-3 loss to Buffalo.

Penguins Gill to miss two to four weeksTuesday, December 09, 2008By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-GazettePenguins defenseman Hal Gill, joining the growing list of injured players, will miss two to four weeks with a right shoulder injury he suffered during the third period Saturday at Ottawa.He is the fourth defenseman out, along with Ryan Whitney (foot surgery), Sergei Gonchar (shoulder surgery) and Phillippe Boucher (undisclosed injury). Whitney is practicing with the team and could return later this month. Gonchar is out until later in the season. Boucher is week to week.The Penguins over the weekend recalled Ben Lovejoy from their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm club, and he made his NHL debut Monday in a 4-3 loss to Buffalo.
Who knew the Pens had so much depth at D? Thank god for my hero Ray Shero. Whitney is gonna be back soon and hopefully Boucher is on a similar timeframe.
Boucher is on IR, I'm fairly certain.
I thought I had heard that, but TSN's profile of him threw me off. I saw the "day-to-day" there but missed the "IR" next to it. Oops. It's a minimum of 7 games out (retroactive, even) once you hit IR, right?
Boucher is on IR, I'm fairly certain.
I was going to agree he was, because he wasn't on the scratch list last night....but Fleury was on the list and I thought he was on IR. Hmmm...
I thought I had heard that, but TSN's profile of him threw me off. I saw the "day-to-day" there but missed the "IR" next to it. Oops. It's a minimum of 7 games out (retroactive, even) once you hit IR, right?
I thought it was 7 days. Hmmm....
Lovejoy looked better than I hoped, but I can't wait for Gill to get back. Boucher isn't on IR, right? Hopefully that's a good sign.
10:37 TOI, +1, 1 SOG, freight trained onceWorks for me.
Fleury is not on the IR.Boucher, Gonchar, Whitney, Kennedy are.Zigomanis, Gill, and Fleury are not.
Thank you, sir.I'm sure Gill will be put there after the above news I posted.

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteNEWARK, N.J. -- Penguins centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have surged to the top of the Eastern Conference all-star voting.Crosby has taken over as the top vote-getter in the league with 638,945, and is followed in the conference by Malkin (567,371) and Montreal's Saku Koivu (560,973).A week ago, Crosby and Malkin trailed Koivu and two of his Montreal teammates, Alex Kovalev and Alex Tanguay.Fan balloting will continue through Jan. 2.

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteNEWARK, N.J. -- Penguins centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have surged to the top of the Eastern Conference all-star voting.Crosby has taken over as the top vote-getter in the league with 638,945, and is followed in the conference by Malkin (567,371) and Montreal's Saku Koivu (560,973).A week ago, Crosby and Malkin trailed Koivu and two of his Montreal teammates, Alex Kovalev and Alex Tanguay.Fan balloting will continue through Jan. 2.
Yep and now the plan is to try to get Ovechkin ahead of the Habs. He's gonna need quite a push but hey it could happen.
Players on the roster expected to spend most of the year in the minors:GoligoskiMinardTaffeWallaceLovejoyThese Pens are a bit beat up.
Don't forget Curry.How would you rank the impact of the injuries to Zigomanis, Fluery, Kennedy, Whitney, Gonchar, Gill, and Boucher. Meaning which ones will give the team the biggest boost upon their return.Here's my list.FlueryGoncharZigomanisGillWhitneyKennedyBoucher

I don't know how to rank them, but I think Kennedy's injury is probably hurting the team more than most think. Staal and Cooke were dynamite with him, and he was getting 1st-line PP time in the corners and in front of the net. He just brings the energy that the 3rd line needs.Minard has done a pretty good job filling in on the 3rd line, though. I've been quite impressed with him.

I don't know how to rank them, but I think Kennedy's injury is probably hurting the team more than most think. Staal and Cooke were dynamite with him, and he was getting 1st-line PP time in the corners and in front of the net. He just brings the energy that the 3rd line needs.Minard has done a pretty good job filling in on the 3rd line, though. I've been quite impressed with him.
I found myself wanting to rank Kennedy higher...but couldn't talk myself into it.