Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I'm pretty sure he can speak english well enough to communicate with teammates now, it's just that he's uncomfortable with the press. He's somewhat of an unknown with the media I think he's certainly just one of the guys in the locker room.
I think also there is an added comfort and maturation that comes with being comfortable with the language amongst those same teammates in social situations, and then also being comfortable in the community. Its one thing to be able to communicate on the ice, but a lot of hockey players from overseas hit their stride after being comfortable away from the rink as well, in terms of language, culture and social circles. Reading that article, Malkin still has a ways to go to get there. But if he does, I think it will only improve his game and his maturation into a star on the ice, moreso than he already is.This is no knock on the guy, he's only been here for a little while. But once he finally gets into the culture and learns the language, I think it will only help his game.Either that, or he'll shoot himself in a club after doing lines of coke off a strippers ass.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I saw Pesonen only got a little under 6 minutes last night. Minard got about 10. I wonder if that will change now that Kennedy is out for so long. Zigomanis will hopefully be back soon.

I saw Pesonen only got a little under 6 minutes last night. Minard got about 10. I wonder if that will change now that Kennedy is out for so long. Zigomanis will hopefully be back soon.
Eh, I like ether Pes or Minard on the 3rd line. Both would fit pretty well. We'll just see what Therrien has in mind. With Ziggy back, Talbot goes back to line 1, and Staal/Cooke/x can role with one of the call ups.
Pretty stuff...Crosby slaps a pass off of Staals stick into the goal. Malkin also gets an assist. 2-1 Sens.
I missed the Ottawa goals, whats the score??You do an amazing job telling us about the Pittsburgh goals..Hows Spezza doing today? :club:
Pretty stuff...Crosby slaps a pass off of Staals stick into the goal. Malkin also gets an assist. 2-1 Sens.
Is that santa hat photoshopped on Malkin? Either way, it's pretty funny IMO.
I missed the Ottawa goals, whats the score??You do an amazing job telling us about the Pittsburgh goals..Hows Spezza doing today? :club:
i posted his hatty in 2 threads actually. Sorry i just finished making a late lunch right now too.
i posted his hatty in 2 threads actually. Sorry i just finished making a late lunch right now too.
sorry just busting your balls...

Well, I've been watching this game and I'm sure Zach has got to be a little pissed right now. Pens have had some good chances, just unable to pot some of them. Total opposite for the Sens, they're just capitalizing on their chances. It's 3-1 but I really think this game is closer than the scoreboard shows.

Pens come up short but I think Zach should be pretty happy. Very decent game to watch.
Yup overall lot of bodies flying around (was that Spezza who got hung up on the dasher next to the boards on that hit? ouch.) and some good skating and speed out there.
malkin scores a shortie. he's pretty good.
God that was sick. He streaked down the wing right where I was sitting and slammed it home. I was going nuts in the stands, and he celebrated almost right in front of me. I coulda been on TV somewhere, since I was in the 3rd row. Sick seats.
Seriously. Is there ANYTHING better in hockey than seeing star players on opposing teams playing like stars????
Great game. I noticed that Hartsburg kept putting the Pizza line out against Sid and Geno, and I think it worked well for them. It helped that Spezza decided to play today, but they had the puck a lot, and it kept it away from the big guns on the Pens. I feel like the Sens had the puck quite a bit more than the Pens during the whole game, though. They got one lucky one, and one semi-lucky one, but I think they're guns worked a bit harder, even tho Sid and Geno definitely showed up today.
Pens come up short but I think Zach should be pretty happy. Very decent game to watch.
Yeah, I'm never disappointed coming home from a Penguins game, it just doesn't happen often enough for me to be so spoiled that I can't enjoy every second if it. :DThey don't seem to do too well when I'm there, anyways. Only 2 wins in 6 games, both back in Crosby's rookie year. I've also seen a tie, an OTL, and one outright loss.My gf and I took a billion pics, mostly in warmup, I'll post them all on my Facebook, and definitely put some of the better ones in here.

Spezza got some seriously high praise from Steiggy during the game. After Spezza got driven into the turnbuckle/padding on the glass wall on the end of the bench, he got up with a big smile on his face. Steiggy compared him to Hines Ward, and coming from a Pittsburgh broadcaster, that's right next to Jesus-like.

Pens @ Sens - Dec 6, 2008==============On the way out the door:n508784040_1111495_5014.jpgSome of the better warm-up pics:n508784040_1111530_6245.jpgn508784040_1111532_6956.jpgn508784040_1111534_7711.jpgn508784040_1111536_8458.jpgn508784040_1111537_8834.jpgn508784040_1111543_1141.jpgn508784040_1111545_2009.jpgn508784040_1111546_2417.jpgI didn't take any during the game, because, well, I wanted to watch it. My GF took a few with her camera, including some of the fight which happened pretty close to us, if she has any good ones, I'll post those as well.There's a bunch more at my Facebook, for those who have me as a friend, and are interested in generic warm-up pics.