Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Wow, Taylor is a lucky bastard.
Thanks for wasting 9 minutes of my day..The guy is a luckbox...Two cars, $25000But the best prize of them all was the American Flag as big as Dale's head.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I'm going to be sure to keep an eye on this over the next couple years. For a long time they we just pushing dirt around but now it appears things are starting to happen. That wall in the middle of the screen is relatively new. It's also pretty cool to see how much the cranes move around in a minutes time.
Wow! A new Great Day for Hockey ad. The first one is far better, but this one is good too.
I was stuck watching the NYR feed last night...this what you were referring to?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZG9QWzhhtwEdit: I guess not...just some fan put that together...I like it though.And here's another one I found...the pens really put together some good stuff.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCec48CC2Tk...feature=related

I saw it and liked it, although I like the first one more since it features an anti-Flyers section in the montage.Pens made a few call-ups today:RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA (TICKER)—The Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday recalled left wings Chris Minard and Janne Pesonen from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League.Second in AHL scoring this season with 30 points, Minard was scoreless in two games with Pittsburgh earlier this campaign. The 27-year-old played 15 games with Pittsburgh last season, registering two points.Pesonen, 26, is scoreless in three games with the parent club this year. He has played 20 games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, leading the team with 16 assists.M. Madden wants them both on the 1st 2 lines. I'd definately like to see them get some decent playing time, but I think Minard has a better chance of that than Pesonen. Therrien seems to favor the guys he's had experience with, although I don't know if Minard was at WBS when Therrien coached there.

He had a nice backhand attempt, at least...how is it possible that the Pens only had 5 shots, there? Maybe I'm biased, but it seemed like the Pens were controlling the play a lot more. They also had about 12 blocked shots, which is nice in a way, but shows that the other team is shooting way too often.

lol - I knew someone would be asking that. Just remember - they're both "good, not great" players.Btw, seems Boucher has been put on IR. I'm sure Eaton doesn't mind as much as other teammates. Wish I knew what happened to him.

Serge, Crosby and Malkin update please.
With only 1 point tonight Malkin better wake up. Crosby has closed the gap to 40-39 on points. Still waiting for Serge to let us know where they ranked around the league though.Edit: There he goes with an assist...41-39.Only thing that sucks for me tonight is that Carolina is my goalie in the FCHL2. Wasn't paying enough attention with Cam Ward out or else I would have went NYI against WSH.
With only 1 point tonight Malkin better wake up. Crosby has closed the gap to 40-39 on points. Still waiting for Serge to let us know where they ranked around the league though.Edit: There he goes with an assist...41-39.Only thing that sucks for me tonight is that Carolina is my goalie in the FCHL2. Wasn't paying enough attention with Cam Ward out or else I would have went NYI against WSH.
Haha, I have Leighton in the Yahoo pool. I think I may have benched him tonight though, hope so. Had Budaj and Johnson going too.My opponent in the FCHL has the Pens goalies tho, so I want like a 7-5 final, with no more Malkin points, because he has him too... =/Oh, and naturally I benched Sykora in favour of Staal today. Sigh.
Haha, I have Leighton in the Yahoo pool. I think I may have benched him tonight though, hope so. Had Budaj and Johnson going too.My opponent in the FCHL has the Pens goalies tho, so I want like a 7-5 final, with no more Malkin points, because he has him too... =/Oh, and naturally I benched Sykora in favour of Staal today. Sigh.
Don't feel bad...I'm certainly the worse GM tonight. For some reason I have Brian Rolston in there instead of Sykora. I definitely know he's hurt but somehow when I submitted my lineup he was a starter.I'm just going to have to rely on the likes of Ovechkin, Vanek, Drury, Hejduk, and Carter. It's kinda a weak night as I couldn't play Boyes or Kessel. I'm also haven't a hard time finding playing time for J. Staal, Bertuzzi, Sykora, or Sturm. Don't ask me about my defense though. :club:
I have Carolina in the FCHL tonight. Make a ****ing save Leighton.And wtf is up with Kennedy?
Kennedy (undisclosed) will not play Thursday evening in Carolina, the Penguins' Web site reports.Spin: Janne Pesonen or Chris Minard will take Kennedy's place in the lineup. With 15 points in 24 games, Kennedy is having a big year. His point total puts him fourth on the Pens.[breaking News] RotoWire | Thu, December 4Kennedy left during the third period of Wednesday's game with an undisclosed injury, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.Spin: It's not yet known how much time, if any, Kennedy will miss. Pittsburgh has six games in the next 10 days. If Kennedy can't play then the Penguins would likely recall a player from Wilkes-Barre.[breaking News] RotoWire | Thu, December 4

Penguins winger Kennedy to miss 4 to 6 weeks with injuryFriday, December 05, 2008By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteOTTAWA -- Penguins right winger Tyler Kennedy has a sprained knee and is expected to miss four to six weeks.The Penguins announced the nature of his injury and his prognosis after an examination today.Kennedy, who has been playing on the third line with Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke, is tied for fourth on the team in scoring with six goals and nine assists in 24 games.

Looks like Malkin doesn't live with Gonchar anymore.http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=396094
I can't help but think he is only going to get better. Not sure how you get better than leading the NHL in scoring, but I think he will get better. Geez, the guy cant even speak English and is all of what, 22? And yet look what he has accomplished. I wonder how many Hart, and even more likely, Conn Smythe trophies he will win before he is done playing. He will be a beast in the playoffs for years.
I can't help but think he is only going to get better. Not sure how you get better than leading the NHL in scoring, but I think he will get better. Geez, the guy cant even speak English and is all of what, 22? And yet look what he has accomplished. I wonder how many Hart, and even more likely, Conn Smythe trophies he will win before he is done playing. He will be a beast in the playoffs for years.
The only thing that will hold him back from trophies is how many is Sidney Crosby going to win. We are extremely blessed here in Pittsburgh to have had 4 superstars of the game in Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, and Malkin. I wouldn't be a Pens fan if it weren't for the first, I wouldn't be a die-hard for the second, and I wouldn't be a season ticket holder in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the last two.
I'm pretty sure he can speak english well enough to communicate with teammates now, it's just that he's uncomfortable with the press. He's somewhat of an unknown with the media I think he's certainly just one of the guys in the locker room.
The only thing that will hold him back from trophies is how many is Sidney Crosby going to win. We are extremely blessed here in Pittsburgh to have had 4 superstars of the game in Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, and Malkin. I wouldn't be a Pens fan if it weren't for the first, I wouldn't be a die-hard for the second, and I wouldn't be a season ticket holder in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the last two.
I was thinking the same thing, having Crosby on his team will always push him to the side in a sense. Crosby will be first in line for the trophies, or Malkin's achievements will come with an imaginary asteriks, since he did it with Crosby.In Pittsburgh, you are beyond blessed. Hockey you have been ridiculously fortunate as fans to be able to watch the superstars of the game don your jerseys. Football you have the Steelers, possibly the most admired franchise in football. Baseball.....well, at least the 70's were a good time I think in Pirate land. :club: