Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Holy...That was freakin' EPIC. I think that might've been the most exciting game I've watched all year :club:
Meh, they didn't play very good defensively. Hal Gil's crosscheck to Colby's face when he was down was frickin infuriating, how there's no call on that is beyond me with the ref right there. They make the right call on that, and I doubt this game ever gets to overtime.Petro's a beast, too, btw.Oh, and Jordan Staal is mint.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Oh, I agree that it wasn't necessarily the best game that they've played, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire 3rd period.Maybe part of the reason was that I didn't want Serge coming onto this thread and spewing his usual garbage, but I realize that it's inevitable no matter who won this game. He'll just approach it from a different angle.

I'll tell ya.... I watched that game as closely as I've watched a game all season in the press box... I made lots of notes on the pens.. and I'll tell you what: This team is two good defenseman away from being an absolutel freakin monster hockey club....

I'll tell ya.... I watched that game as closely as I've watched a game all season in the press box... I made lots of notes on the pens.. and I'll tell you what: This team is two good defenseman away from being an absolutel freakin monster hockey club....
Would Hamrlik and Brewer be enough?
We'll have Letang next year, but I'm thinking he's a few years off being a solid d-man in the league.Also, he's not the defensive type d-man you suggested.How about Petro's right hook? Any word on Newbury's status?
We'll have Letang next year, but I'm thinking he's a few years off being a solid d-man in the league.Also, he's not the defensive type d-man you suggested.How about Petro's right hook? Any word on Newbury's status?
When we came downstairs from the press box.... after overtime, so about 20 minutes after Newbury's KO, he was still sitting in the loading dock strapped to the stretcher... LOL Apparently, he has no skull fracture and no c-spine fracture, so out about 2-4 weeks...
I think we need an offensive defensemen. We got Eaton, Orpik, and Scuderi and only Whitney and Gonchar can produce any sort of offence.Yea Petro was like a man possessed, unreal

I have to say I'm a huge Eaton fan. During the 2nd period, I sit at the Penguin defensive end, and I enjoy watching both how Fleury moves around the crease to approach a new angle shot, and how Eaton plays during a penalty kill. I think he's one of the unsung heroes so far this season - he's just solid.And I miss Tarnstrom. :club:

I'll tell you one thing I really liked about last nights game.... when it was 3 on 3 in the OT, Therrien opted to go for two forwards and a defenseman, while Maurice went with two D and one forward.... it was nice coaching, cos here were your matchups..Shift 1: Pitt: Crosby, Recchi, Gonchar Tor: Sundin, Kaberle, KubinaShift 2: Pitt: Malkin, Staal, Whitney Tor: Ponikarovsky, Kaberle (still), McCabe You gotta like Pitts chances of winning that one....

When we came downstairs from the press box.... after overtime, so about 20 minutes after Newbury's KO, he was still sitting in the loading dock strapped to the stretcher... LOL Apparently, he has no skull fracture and no c-spine fracture, so out about 2-4 weeks...
So you find it funny that the guy could of been permanently disabled or worse..I think you crossed the line there..There was nothing funny about the situation..
Oh, I agree that it wasn't necessarily the best game that they've played, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire 3rd period.Maybe part of the reason was that I didn't want Serge coming onto this thread and spewing his usual garbage, but I realize that it's inevitable no matter who won this game. He'll just approach it from a different angle.
SPEWING MY USUAL GARBAGE???Where do you get off ???And what angle should i approach the game...Lets see the Leafs played the so called GODS GIFT TO HOCKEY the Penguins and could of easily won the game?Or how about being down 3-0 and fighting back to take the lead TWICE?or how about having to watch Newbury be almost paralyzed??so what angle would that be ???Usually the first game back after a road trip is tough for the home team, however all things considered the leafs played well and are looking solid...Next time you are gonna attack me personally be careful what you say!!
So you find it funny that the guy could of been permanently disabled or worse..I think you crossed the line there..There was nothing funny about the situation..
LOL LOL LOL... how grade two of you serge....... you should save your snappy comebacks until they're at least clever... which is not likely to be soon..
LOL LOL LOL... how grade two of you serge....... you should save your snappy comebacks until they're at least clever... which is not likely to be soon..
come on it was a little clever , if you take the whole Canadiens tasteless posts into the context of the situation..by the way all these Penguin worship is making me sick...They might move into my top three of teams to hate...Relax already before comparing them to the Oilers...They havent even made the playoffs yet...
come on it was a little clever , if you take the whole Canadiens tasteless posts into the context of the situation..by the way all these Penguin worship is making me sick...They might move into my top three of teams to hate...Relax already before comparing them to the Oilers...They havent even made the playoffs yet...
Okay, serge... let's see how delusional you really are.... You're John Ferguson: the phone rings. It's Craig Patrick. He says, "l'll trade you teams straight up, all the Leafs for all the Penguins". And you say...... what?
Okay, serge... let's see how delusional you really are.... You're John Ferguson: the phone rings. It's Ray Shero. He says, "l'll trade you teams straight up, all the Leafs for all the Penguins". And you say...... what?
:club:
Okay, serge... let's see how delusional you really are.... You're John Ferguson: the phone rings. It's Craig Patrick. He says, "l'll trade you teams straight up, all the Leafs for all the Penguins". And you say...... what?
I didnt say the Penguins are a bad team...its just the constant worshipping is getting annoying...and the comparisons to the Oilers Dynasty...Crosby is not GretzkyMalkin is not Messierin 5 years we can talk about the so called Penguins domination
I didnt say the Penguins are a bad team...its just the constant worshipping is getting annoying...and the comparisons to the Oilers Dynasty...Crosby is not GretzkyMalkin is not Messierin 5 years we can talk about the so called Penguins domination
But Kyle Wellwood IS Gretzky.... LMAO Yes, how dare these stupid fans of hockey worship the young, fast, exciting to watch Penguins... that's nauseating. They would be far better off buying Leaf underwear and beer mugs and worshipping Chad Kilger...
Na, CP is more accurate... RS would never pull that move, but I wouldn't put it past Patrick.
I think in his last few months on the job, he was found huddled in a corner, hugging himself, and saying, "But I got Francis, once..."
your right Crosby will be bettergot haterade?