• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

LEAFS 5 PENS 3Book it
No.I'd love to say that I watched the Pens play the Maple Leafs, but I was disappointed. I mean - it said Toronto was supposed to play tonight, but they never showed up :club: That was well worth the price of admission :D***************************************"I find it hard to believe that there isn't a long list of people interested in purchasing the Penguins. Seriously, Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Whitney, etc... plus the other young guys like Letang almost ready to step in...handled properly, this team could be a goldmine. "***************************************Same here. With the AAA WB Baby Pens doing extremely well and turning a profit on their own, this franchise has a ton of up-side to it.
dude, you gotta stop talking out of your ass. I highly suggest you do some research instead of using your head and thinking you know something about hockey.Here's some actual facts. With the exception of last season the Maple Leafs have made the playoffs 6 consecutive years. They won a playoff series the last time they were in the playoffs.
Sorry to jack your thread guys. Hey douchebag, when is the last time they did something meaningful? Yes I realize they have made the playoffs a few times. Yes I realize they have made it to the second round a couple of times. Is this something to celebrate or party about? Come on face it. The Leafs have sucked for a long time, and will continue to suck. P.S. Malkin/Crosby pwn all. And I remember Gothic bugging me last year about saying Recchi was still effective! :club:
Sorry to jack your thread guys. Hey douchebag, when is the last time they did something meaningful? Yes I realize they have made the playoffs a few times. Yes I realize they have made it to the second round a couple of times. Is this something to celebrate or party about? Come on face it. The Leafs have sucked for a long time, and will continue to suck. P.S. Malkin/Crosby pwn all. And I remember Gothic bugging me last year about saying Recchi was still effective! :club:
Really, I don't remember ever doubting Recchi's ability.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2741606The actual headline isn't very interesting to me, I was wondering what you guys thought of something else:On Tuesday, Rendell said the proposal already was the best given any of Pennsylvania's seven major pro sports teams, and he threatened to take it to the NHL's board of governors if the Penguins attempted to move."Remember, when commissioner [Gary] Bettman came to Pittsburgh, he said loud and clear that if an offer on a stadium was a good offer, given the strength of the fan base here, that they wouldn't move," Rendell said.During a Nov. 28 meeting with Ravenstahl and Onorato, Bettman said, "We all agreed it's important for the Penguins to stay in Pittsburgh and that's what we all want."Why don't we have a bunch of stronger Bettman quotes about moving the franchise? I have believed (correctly, I think) since day one of the relocation talks that everyone from the Pens and the NHL talking about the possibility of a move is only truly interested in getting the city to pay more of the bill for the new arena. We're missing a ton of context here, but it sounds to me like he's just reassuring the fan base that the franchise isn't moving, which doesn't do much to help Mario's bargaining position.

I think there's a lot of posturing going on. I think Mario and the majority owner are playing "Good Owner, Bad Owner." Mario leaves a meeting and says he was "offended" but the majority owner (can't recall his name - Flunkel? Urkel? Bjorkel?) then called Governor Rendell late one night, and apparently gave some pretty sweet pillow talk to him. I just want this circus to end and for the Pens to stay. At this point, I don't give a damn who is right and who is wrong. I just want this to be over, as it makes me sick to my stomach.

I gotta say that I'm impressed that the Dallas Stars chose to recognize Recchi's 500th career goal tonight. I don't know if every franchise would do that for a visiting player, and it was nice to see the Stars fans giving him a standing "O." Oh, and the shootout win was nice to see too :)I'm thinking the Pens weren't quite the better team tonight, but Fleury was the better goaltender.

Mr. Vertigo, If you follow the path of my responses they are retorts to your previous statements which are untrue and/or insinuate much worst results. For example you said "when was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?" which implies that it's been a long time since they made the post season. I countered by letting you know that they have made the playoffs in 6 of the last 7 seasons. In fact, they have made it to the 2nd round more than a "couple" times during that run as well. They made the 2nd round in 5 of those 6 playoffs and reached the conference finals twice (that's the one before the Stanley Cup finals). Therefore, by "sucked for a long time" you are saying that being better than half the league over that same time span "sucks". I think they at LEAST deserve an "average" rating if not better. Add up those post season wins and show me how many teams have done better in that same time span. Oh wait, you don't use research...that must interfere with your sheer blind anger writing. My apologizes.BTW Fans of the Leafs indeed celebrate every playoff win and progression each round. Whether they "should" celebrate is up to the individual's excitement and interest. I know...it's so ghey to see your sports team win and be happy. What freaks.

Why dont all the Pens fans get together(total of 369 of you) and admit that you are jealous of a real franchise...You cant even keep a team in your city..Why dont you come to Toronto and see what a real team looks like...SO YOU HAVE COSBY, MAKLINA, STEALER, FLARRY...Who cares...your team is not a real team and wont be in Pittsburgh much longer..Live with it..The leafs are a real franchise and the Pens are a MICKEY MOUSE team that cant even keep their team in the city..JEALOUSY WONT GET YOU MUCH

Why dont all the Pens fans get together(total of 369 of you) and admit that you are jealous of a real franchise...You cant even keep a team in your city..Why dont you come to Toronto and see what a real team looks like...SO YOU HAVE COSBY, MAKLINA, STEALER, FLARRY...Who cares...your team is not a real team and wont be in Pittsburgh much longer..Live with it..The leafs are a real franchise and the Pens are a MICKEY MOUSE team that cant even keep their team in the city..JEALOUSY WONT GET YOU MUCH
:club: silence is goldwhat's gotten into you today dude?
Mr. Vertigo, If you follow the path of my responses they are retorts to your previous statements which are untrue and/or insinuate much worst results. For example you said "when was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?" which implies that it's been a long time since they made the post season. I countered by letting you know that they have made the playoffs in 6 of the last 7 seasons. In fact, they have made it to the 2nd round more than a "couple" times during that run as well. They made the 2nd round in 5 of those 6 playoffs and reached the conference finals twice (that's the one before the Stanley Cup finals). Therefore, by "sucked for a long time" you are saying that being better than half the league over that same time span "sucks". I think they at LEAST deserve an "average" rating if not better. Add up those post season wins and show me how many teams have done better in that same time span. Oh wait, you don't use research...that must interfere with your sheer blind anger writing. My apologizes.BTW Fans of the Leafs indeed celebrate every playoff win and progression each round. Whether they "should" celebrate is up to the individual's excitement and interest. I know...it's so ghey to see your sports team win and be happy. What freaks.
Ok I apologize if I don't thoroughly research a team that hasn't done anything useful for decades and that I truely detest. You can pull out all the stats, that is fine. I wish you wouldn't assume I know nothing about hockey. Maybe you should leave those accusations for Serge. In case you couldn't tell, my original posts were full of SARCASM and generalized. I like to make fun of the Leafs, ok? I know they have made the playoffs. I know they have won a few rounds. But they haven't made it to the finals or won (in a looooooooong time). And when it comes down to it, that is what matters. Other teams with less resources, fan support, etc. have managed to do a lot more than the Leafs have lately. That's all I was trying to get it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with me. I just don't like the Leafs. Big deal, you don't have to try to insult my intelligence by pulling random stats out of your ***. We can just hate the teams we wanna hate and talk hockey, ok? Everyone dumbs down the Wings on here all the time. I know they aren't the powerhouse they once were, but they still pwn the Leafs and are still a longshot contender. And you are right. Every fan has the right to celebrate their team's victories, no matter how insignificant they may be. P.S. It's my apologies. :club:
I'm an idiot.
btw, if you're a REAL team...were you REAL embarrassed of the beating we gave you last Saturday?And yes, I wish the Pens were treated like the Leafs here, but this is a football team. Leafs:Toronto::Steelers:PittsburghThat's just how it is.
Ok I apologize if I don't thoroughly research a team that hasn't done anything useful for decades and that I truely detest. You can pull out all the stats, that is fine. I wish you wouldn't assume I know nothing about hockey. Maybe you should leave those accusations for Serge. In case you couldn't tell, my original posts were full of SARCASM and generalized. I like to make fun of the Leafs, ok? I know they have made the playoffs. I know they have won a few rounds. But they haven't made it to the finals or won (in a looooooooong time). And when it comes down to it, that is what matters. Other teams with less resources, fan support, etc. have managed to do a lot more than the Leafs have lately. That's all I was trying to get it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with me. I just don't like the Leafs. Big deal, you don't have to try to insult my intelligence by pulling random stats out of your ***. We can just hate the teams we wanna hate and talk hockey, ok? Everyone dumbs down the Wings on here all the time. I know they aren't the powerhouse they once were, but they still pwn the Leafs and are still a longshot contender. And you are right. Every fan has the right to celebrate their team's victories, no matter how insignificant they may be. P.S. It's my apologies. :club:
See, that's the irony of all this. I'm not even a Leafs fan but I am a stats freak so it bothers me to see incorrect facts.Huggles? :PLeafs suck!

I feel the need to throw this out there. On pace for 39-40 right now...and on fire right now! :club:

And when are you gonna be in Pittsburgh? :D
I promise I'll be there for their 40th win this season..... :D Actually, you should have fun this season... they may not be good, but they should be fun to watch!
See, that's the irony of all this. I'm not even a Leafs fan but I am a stats freak so it bothers me to see incorrect facts.Huggles? :PLeafs suck!
I know what you mean. Although I didn't really make up any wrong facts, just absurd generalizations! :club: