Chris Moneymaker Playing Great?

Is anyone watching Moneymaker on Poker after dark. He is absolutely playing perfect poker. He is picking off bluffs, making timely reraises and really playing mistake free poker. Has he finally learned the game? He honestly seems to have a great read on Chan. He checkraised Chan with pocket 7's on a QJ4 flop. Chan folded ace high. After last night he is the chip leader. The last 2 nights he has looked really solid in his play.

There was one hand where he pulled off a massive bluff against Jesus with 6 high that I think he should have lost all of his chips in. I honestly thought he was pulling a Matusow, but alas Jesus folded.In general he's playing better than normal, yes.Ray

MM's twin was playing here back at CAZ in December. Ok not his twin but this guy looked so much like MM that folks were coming over to ask, lol. I guess its not hard for anyone to look like him but this guy even had me wondering.PAD is actually growing on me. I think it's pretty good (sans Gold the dork). The Hellmuth episodes and the Daniel/Matusow episodes were awesome imo. I like that there is not too much commentary either.But Shanna is a total played out dog btw. It's OVER babe. Why is she even on????........ :club:

I agree with everyting said so far. Moneymaker played well. Exception was the hand vs. jesus ... bluffing jesus out of the best hand. Don't really know why jesus would fold that hand the way the hand was played out. MM really does need a haircut! Does he think its lucky or something??? The commentator is really getting annoying! In the preview to the next episode....there is a clip with Moneymaker vs. Chan HU with jesus gone. Sounds like Chan busted him. Johnny Chan is the man! :club:

Was the bluff against Jesus really that bad? If Irecall correctly, Jesus raised preflop and Moneymaker calls on te button with 56 suited. Te flop comes K33. Moneymaker checks, Jesus bets. At this point it is highly likely that Jesus has a king, and highly unlikely that he raised preflop with a 3. But Moneymaker could have called from the BB with a 3 in his hand. So he checkraises Jesus. No way can Fergueson call there. I know, bluffing without any outs is very risky. And trying to take Fergueson off of top pair is also tricky. But I think he went with his read, and was able to pull it off.

Was the bluff against Jesus really that bad? If Irecall correctly, Jesus raised preflop and Moneymaker calls on te button with 56 suited. Te flop comes K33. Moneymaker checks, Jesus bets. At this point it is highly likely that Jesus has a king, and highly unlikely that he raised preflop with a 3. But Moneymaker could have called from the BB with a 3 in his hand. So he checkraises Jesus. No way can Fergueson call there. I know, bluffing without any outs is very risky. And trying to take Fergueson off of top pair is also tricky. But I think he went with his read, and was able to pull it off.
The flop was QTQ. Jesus had T8. I can see why Jesus folded, that board was very connected, and Moneymaker did put in a 3rd raise. It's very easy to say "wow how can you fold", when you see the cards. But in that spot it's very hard to just call, or risk 80% of your chips with TP middle kicker. Moneymaker played that VERY well.

Bluff magazine called him the John Daly of poker. They predict he'll win a big tourny this year.Part of me thinks Chan was pounding his limp ins from sb too many times and Chris fought back. And these top pros don't play Moneymaker enough to have their reads on him yet. Give them a few sessions and Chris wouldn't be as succesful imo.I've always heard that the top pros give a player the benefit of the doubt early until they get some reads etc.He's still playing much better than I would be, and he might win the whole thing.

MM's twin was playing here back at CAZ in December. Ok not his twin but this guy looked so much like MM that folks were coming over to ask, lol. I guess its not hard for anyone to look like him but this guy even had me wondering.PAD is actually growing on me. I think it's pretty good (sans Gold the dork). The Hellmuth episodes and the Daniel/Matusow episodes were awesome imo. I like that there is not too much commentary either.But Shanna is a total played out dog btw. It's OVER babe. Why is she even on????........ :club:
I agree, Shanna is a horrible host. I have to turn away from the tv when she is interviewing because she shakes her head so **** much. She looks like a bobblehead sitting on the wash machine. Take a look next time she asks a question, she stands there and shakes her head in agreement with the person talking the entire time they talk. I guess I wouldn't notice the head shaking if she would just do her interviews with no clothes on!

Credit where it's due. No one likes to to give Moneymaker credit and the standard "he is just lucky" response won't do. I guess we better coin a new term, "he's playing good, just tonight"

I agree. I think Moneymaker has played great! As far as Shana goes I think she is still the best poker hostess on TV. She asks good questions and banters with the players well. My only complaint is she needs to lower the make-up level one layer. but overall I have really enjoyed her and the show. Yay! to announcers who STFU and let us hear the players! :club:

I tried watching the show last night and didn't get it for some reason. Whatever channel NBC programs were on (Conan at 12:35) for some reason stopped picking up NBC after Conan was done. Guess I'll just have to watch it on the net.

I keep forgetting about this show. I'm gonna have to check it out, I'd like to see Moneymaker playing well.
That makes two of us. I was on thepokerbay and went straight for the new HSP and totally forgot about this dark poker.
I agree, Shanna is a horrible host. I have to turn away from the tv when she is interviewing because she shakes her head so **** much. She looks like a bobblehead sitting on the wash machine. Take a look next time she asks a question, she stands there and shakes her head in agreement with the person talking the entire time they talk. I guess I wouldn't notice the head shaking if she would just do her interviews with no clothes on!
I don't object to women knowing how to bob their heads up and down.Especially fading hotties. They tend to get ... desparate.

for those of you who dont want to stay up till 2 am to watch these you can go on nbcsports.com/poker and watch the episodes in their entirety. Thats what i have been doing these last two weeks and have found that much more enjoyable than staying up that late. Moneymaker is playing well, the 77 hand i think i would have preferred a reraise preflop but it still worked out for him. It was just an expensive play if it wasnt to work. .

MM is playing pretty well. Somebody mentioned except for the hand against jesus, so lets see if you outplay a guy that has a better hand then you and you make him fold, that's consisderd a bad play?As far as the announcer, although he can be kinda annoying its better then silence. This week these guys are just not talking, the announcer has not spoken over the players once, he chimes in only there is dead silence which this is week is a lot. Lastly, shana, I would still show her the old in & out.

I tried watching the show last night and didn't get it for some reason. Whatever channel NBC programs were on (Conan at 12:35) for some reason stopped picking up NBC after Conan was done. Guess I'll just have to watch it on the net.
You're in Toronto. If you have digital cable, you won't find it on the main east coast station, but if you get the west coast US stations you will find it at about 6:30 am on the west coast NBC station.