Canda Dual Citizenship

and yes i see i spelled canada wrongAnybody know how hard it would be to establish dual citizenship in canada and rent out the smallest apartment possible to get a canadian bank account to operate out of? Sounds alittle wacky but i'm on pace to clear 40k this year from poker and i don't think it is too unreasonable to pay a small amount for an apartment to keep that going.

and yes i see i spelled canada wrongAnybody know how hard it would be to establish dual citizenship in canada and rent out the smallest apartment possible to get a canadian bank account to operate out of? Sounds alittle wacky but i'm on pace to clear 40k this year from poker and i don't think it is too unreasonable to pay a small amount for an apartment to keep that going.
Would you even have to establish dual citizenship? Could you just use a friend's mailing address in Canada and get your own bank account there?
why are you worried about methods to get around depositing if your up so much. I really don't get it..
Since he claims he is clearing 40K a year, im guessing he is more worried about cashing out than depositing....duh
why are you worried about methods to get around depositing if your up so much. I really don't get it..
I'm not worried about depositing, i'm worried about withdrawlingIf Full tilt doesn't even send checks anymore i'm pretty much screwed cause i'm sure the other 2 options will be out real soon
The year is only 18 days old . :club:
Anybody know how hard it would be to establish dual citizenship in canada and rent out the smallest apartment possible to get a canadian bank account to operate out of? Sounds alittle wacky but i'm on pace to clear 40k this year from poker and i don't think it is too unreasonable to pay a small amount for an apartment to keep that going.
Well let's give this a little more detailed look now shall we... At the current time I believe you must be a resident of Canada for the previous 3 years to apply for Canadian citizenship at that point you fill out your application, at that point it takes between 18-24 months for them to look at your application, IF you have any blank spaces to any question your application is immediately returned and you must fill in the missing information and go to the back of the 18-24 month line. ASSUMING your application has no blanks then your application is carefully considered and seeing as how yours will say "I only want to be a Canadian to play online poker, I have no interest in paying any taxes or helping out the country in any way shape or form" and that by granting you citizenship the Canadian government may be helping you violate the law (because US law applies to anyone who is in the US regardless of their citizenship) I'm thinking they may not be keen on granting you citizenship but just for fun lets say the Officer is on crack, pot and meth at the time, NEXT you have to take a Canadian Citizenship test not really difficult for anyone who has been living in Canada for several years but I'd imagine slightly tricky for the Average American. Sample question #1: (Without googling it) Who is the Prime Minister of Canada? Also keep in mind that you may have to give up your American citizenship.So as you can see becoming a Canadian citizen is really that simple: just live for 3 years+, fill out the forms, wait 1-2 years, get approved by a Immigration Officer, Pass the test, Possibly give up your American citizenship Oh and one last thing swear an oath to the queen! P.S. Second sample question: What's the queen's full name?Good luck and congrats on becoming Canadian
Well let's give this a little more detailed look now shall we... At the current time I believe you must be a resident of Canada for the previous 3 years to apply for Canadian citizenship at that point you fill out your application, at that point it takes between 18-24 months for them to look at your application, IF you have any blank spaces to any question your application is immediately returned and you must fill in the missing information and go to the back of the 18-24 month line. ASSUMING your application has no blanks then your application is carefully considered and seeing as how yours will say "I only want to be a Canadian to play online poker, I have no interest in paying any taxes or helping out the country in any way shape or form" and that by granting you citizenship the Canadian government may be helping you violate the law (because US law applies to anyone who is in the US regardless of their citizenship) I'm thinking they may not be keen on granting you citizenship but just for fun lets say the Officer is on crack, pot and meth at the time, NEXT you have to take a Canadian Citizenship test not really difficult for anyone who has been living in Canada for several years but I'd imagine slightly tricky for the Average American. Sample question #1: (Without googling it) Who is the Prime Minister of Canada? Also keep in mind that you may have to give up your American citizenship.So as you can see becoming a Canadian citizen is really that simple: just live for 3 years+, fill out the forms, wait 1-2 years, get approved by a Immigration Officer, Pass the test, Possibly give up your American citizenship Oh and one last thing swear an oath to the queen! P.S. Second sample question: What's the queen's full name?Good luck and congrats on becoming Canadian
Ok thank you for the reply and answering some of what i was thinking while keeping it entertaining. But the other guy gave me an idea too, do you need to be a citizen to rent an apartment (obv. seems like not since that's the first step before application) so once I had that apt. could FT just not send the check to me there since it is in Canada?

Also are there any instant check cashing type stores in Canada that wouldn't require being a citizen, kinda like the place Mikey cashes that huge check at night in Rounders? Lol, now i'm keeping it entertaining sounding like typical donk, but serious question

I didn't know it was that difficult to become a resident. I got my Canadian green card w/o having spent one day on Canadian soil. They may have toughened up the process since then, I got mine 5 yrs ago.

I didn't know it was that difficult to become a resident. I got my Canadian green card w/o having spent one day on Canadian soil. They may have toughened up the process since then, I got mine 5 yrs ago.
I have no idea what the requirements are to become a "resident" of Canada since there are many many different legal resident status'. At one point a Canadian officer could not turn someone away for at least temporary residency if they said the word "refugee" meaning anyone at the border had the right to temporary refugee status and to plead their case before being deported. This clause was initially intended to protect those who would be punished for political acts/statements. Their is also visiting status, permanent resident status etc. I don't believe any of these allow you to legally work in Canada. Thats where green card status comes in and for the most part they are not difficult to get either as long as you have a sponsor who tells the government they want you in the country and that they have a job waiting for you you'll be rushed through the process to the front of the line, thats because you will be an asset to the country, help the economy and pay taxes paying for the services you use. On the other hand if you only want a green card or citizenship to pay poker and have no intention of paying any taxes or helping the country what so ever it may be much harder to get any status.P.S. Ohioplayer you never answered your citizenship test questions !
Ok thank you for the reply and answering some of what i was thinking while keeping it entertaining. But the other guy gave me an idea too, do you need to be a citizen to rent an apartment (obv. seems like not since that's the first step before application) so once I had that apt. could FT just not send the check to me there since it is in Canada?
First off you surely don't need to be a Canadian to rent an Apartment you wouldn't need any status to rent a place as it could easily be your "vacation home" I know many Canadians who rent and or own places in warm US locations (snowbirds mainly). Also once you were renting a place you probably wouldn't have a hard time setting up a bank account there to pay bills etc and cash your cheques. One thing to consider will be the fact taht your cheques will most likely be in US dollars and that Canadian banks operate in Canadian $ so your cheque will probably sit for up to 10 days before clearing. And yes Canada does have cheque cashing places I've only used one once and they only needed my driver's license and address to cash my cheque, but again my cheque wasn't in US dollars. By the way let me know where you end up renting.

Couldn't you open a Canadian bank account even if you are a US Citizen? Or how about any other offshore country for that matter. If they have the ability you could control your account online. I mean all bank accounts have routing numbers and account numbers right? THen you would be able to deposit using your foreign account and whatever money you won you could do an EFT or wire back to your US account. You would have to report the income since there is a paper trail but who cares. If you are a supporting yourself playing poker then this could be a viable option.Just a thought.

I talked to the friendly folks at bodog today, and from what I understand, depositing and withdrawing will never be a problem from the US. Here's why: Online poker sites don't keep your money in a f.ucking wall. They keep it in a bank. Not an online bank, an actual bank. LIke the kind with tellers and atm's and dudes in suits. So, rather than sending money to the site directly, you can always just send/receive from the site's bank. It's called a bankwire, and I don't ever see how it can become a problem. UNless the US stops letting people send money to or receive money from offshore, like in communitst china. Hey, it could happen, F.iuck the govermnent, i'm so pissed, f.uck the USA, that is all.erac

Just rent a PO box in Canada open a bank account say you are going to be vacationing alot there, verify it with neteller and DONE!.Use the debit card to withdraw and make purchases in US. It is simple to rent a PO Box.

Just rent a PO box in Canada open a bank account say you are going to be vacationing alot there, verify it with neteller and DONE!.Use the debit card to withdraw and make purchases in US. It is simple to rent a PO Box.
If what you state is possible, it is deffiently music to my ears :club:

Would a Non US PO Box work? If so you should still be able to use Neteller, Firepay etc.. Correct? After that Obtain a Non Us Bank account.. Talking somewhere like Switzerland..Edit: had the screen up to reply and left for a few minutes and someone beat me too it.. Disregard just another useless comment...

this info in not correct ~