More E-wallet Bad News.....

published: about 2 hours agoe-Wallet Citadel Commerce also Leaves U.S.Joins NETELLER in Following the UIGE ActAnother “e-Wallet” company that poker players were able to use to fund their online accounts has cut off players based in the United States.Citadel Commerce, a publicly traded company, stopped serving U.S. customers who used its service for gambling purposes yesterday. In a statement, the company said the decision was made by board members of parent company ESI Entertainment Systems “in the light of recent U.S. Department of Justice enforcement actions against financial processor executives.”The company warned its investors that this decision will have an impact on the financial condition of the company because a substantial part of its revenue came from performing this service.Please click here for a story on NETELLER leaving U.S. customers, and also click here for CardPlayer.com’s online archive of gambling legislative articles. :club:

published: about 2 hours agoe-Wallet Citadel Commerce also Leaves U.S.Joins NETELLER in Following the UIGE ActAnother “e-Wallet” company that poker players were able to use to fund their online accounts has cut off players based in the United States.Citadel Commerce, a publicly traded company, stopped serving U.S. customers who used its service for gambling purposes yesterday. In a statement, the company said the decision was made by board members of parent company ESI Entertainment Systems “in the light of recent U.S. Department of Justice enforcement actions against financial processor executives.”The company warned its investors that this decision will have an impact on the financial condition of the company because a substantial part of its revenue came from performing this service.Please click here for a story on NETELLER leaving U.S. customers, and also click here for CardPlayer.com’s online archive of gambling legislative articles. :club:
I wish I would have shorted some stocks.

anyone use ewalletexpress? And what's the deal with Western Union? I hear Click2pay is a bunch of crooks, so that's probably not an option.

anyone use ewalletexpress? And what's the deal with Western Union? I hear Click2pay is a bunch of crooks, so that's probably not an option.
I hope I'm wrong but conventional wisedom would dictate that when the biggest players in the world (i.e. Netteller) bail the rest will soon follow or get very nervous. The result is that fewer options become available....to almost no options available. Then what?I logged onto Stars just a minute ago to see if they would just send me a "check", like when I cashed out my WCOOP money back in October. Back then I simply opened my Stars cashier, looked at the options - one of which was "mail a check" (or words to that effect) -, clicked that, entered the amount, and in less than a week a check arrived in the mail from a bank in Vancouver, no sweat! Easy as pie!But today I no longer get an option for them to send me a check, only an old option to send the $$$ to NETELLER! LOL.I don't know what I would do now if I wanted to get money off Stars (I have like 0.05 cents there).
Here's a site that lists E-Wallets and poker rooms that currently accept US players:http://www.compatiblepoker.com/usa.php
Excellent link!Interesting quote from that site...
6. Why would Neteller, myCitadel, Firepay and other 3rd party transaction sites even think about closing to US gamblers?The text book answer is that they are a publicly traded company. But there is much more to it than that. Lets take Neteller for example. If the US government feels Neteller is used for illegal gambling transactions then the US government will simply stop all banks from making transactions with Neteller whether it be for gambling or not. That is what's scaring a lot of these ewallet providers to back out without a shadow of a doubt.

Archived Hourly UpdatesUpdated Thursday Jan. 186:00pm - According to the latest rumor/news Instadebit will be shutting down to US players. Support says it's business as usual but we all know how "In the know" they are".

I had a bad feeling it would finally be a problem for US customers to get their money back. It's hard enough beating the house. Which is really the worst issue for online poker? ID theft ?Large supsicious money transfers from one player to another by supposed terrorist groups ? ( It's been said before but that's just stupid)Well we know the money's not being returned into the US. That would be pretty damn suspicious money train. WOW Player X started off his account with $50and after just 3 hours of playing he's over a million. What a player!!!!!!!!How about taxes ?? What's the process in reporting any winnings ? Can you report losses? If there are no winnings ? Just kidding I know that one. Losses can only be reported based upon your winnings like scratch offs. Unless they changed the rules.You'd only report anyway if you won a jackpot and it was documented through the state. Yep folks I think that's your real target right there.( money) If there's only one or a few endorsed or authorized net companies that will deliver your ill gotten booty back to your bank account. Then you don't have many options and we all know what happens then. Instead of paying 25 cents for a coke at the movies now you're going to pay $10 for the same tasty beverage. That is if you're still thirsty. It's your choice. Meanwhile you do leave the door open for someone on the otherside of the world to cash out US dollars just fine. Is that really safe ?? Safety isn't the issue. Player X is doing just fine on an island somewhere outside the US. What's next will they break up my home game with the use of domestic eavesdropping ? Maybe

I just called bodog. They have added to my payouts page the options of Western Union and Bank Wire. Bank Wire seems like the best. There are no fees. You request the payout, they send you an email with some information which you then take to your bank. The money is then sent from Bodog's bank to your bank. I asked the CS person at Bodog, "Will Bank Wire be a payout option for the foreseeable future?" She responded, "You will always have the Western Union and Bank Wire payout option." This is at least encouraging.erac

I just called bodog. They have added to my payouts page the options of Western Union and Bank Wire. Bank Wire seems like the best. There are no fees. You request the payout, they send you an email with some information which you then take to your bank. The money is then sent from Bodog's bank to your bank. I asked the CS person at Bodog, "Will Bank Wire be a payout option for the foreseeable future?" She responded, "You will always have the Western Union and Bank Wire payout option." This is at least encouraging.erac
I hope you go bust and cannot find a way to get any more money on bodog and thus can't take any more of my money.ship it.Mark

lol, I'll never go bust on bodog, I drop limits whenever I'm below 30 buy ins for exactly that reason. What's your bodog name?

lol, I'll never go bust on bodog, I drop limits whenever I'm below 30 buy ins for exactly that reason. What's your bodog name?
I try to stay anonymous online as much as possible, but you've spanked me a few times. I suck though, so that isn't suprising :)Mark