I Fold Aces Preflop For No Raise

Maybe this post will be instructive to omaha beginners who say "AA -- gotta raise it up".In this situation, the chance that your aces are not contained in other hands = almost 0The chance of your aces holding in a 7-8 way pot = almost 0.So we are basically playing 79 offsuit. Easy fold, right?

its ok, but i probably limp and see the flop
open limping from mp3 or later with AA is really bad, imho. raise to thin the field or fold if you don't feel comfortable playing naked aces postflop, but limping just encourages more people to enter, and that's the last thing you want.
open limping from mp3 or later with AA is really bad, imho. raise to thin the field or fold if you don't feel comfortable playing naked aces postflop, but limping just encourages more people to enter, and that's the last thing you want.
He's not open limping.Aseem
he has 5 limpers ahead of him......there is zero chance of thinning the field and he already has the button, so there is no point raising here

Terrible hand, but I'm probably limping too. I've limped in situations like this w/ much much much worse, couldn't imagine not doing so with AAxx, even if I'm just throwing away a big blind 99% of the time.

At 2nd level its an easy limp, only a small $ to commit - although if you're raised you'll be tempted to call again. I'ts not impossible to hit a str8 or trips w your 7 9, but rest assured the other A's are dealt. If 568 flops the low competition could pay you off.But, you'll probably fold on the flop...

I approve. As you said, Aces probably dead, no hope of thinning the field, side cards suck.Anyone who actually limped would just be limping because AA is pretty, not because it was a sound decision.To the guy who advocated limping hoping to hit the 79 part of the hand, give me a break. In your dream scenario you flop the nut high, are vulnerable to redraws, and still only win half the pot.

I approve. As you said, Aces probably dead, no hope of thinning the field, side cards suck.Anyone who actually limped would just be limping because AA is pretty, not because it was a sound decision.To the guy who advocated limping hoping to hit the 79 part of the hand, give me a break. In your dream scenario you flop the nut high, are vulnerable to redraws, and still only win half the pot.
its very nice to see you posting here. hope you decide to stick around.

I would most likely fold because you are at best playing for half the pot if a low qualifies and your ace is probably dead. Although, in this situation with 5 limpers and early in a tournament, you could possibly limp and steal to a bad board if you think that you know your opponents or hit a miracle flop decently cheap. I wouldn't disagree with folding or limping but leaning more towards folding.

I would have taken a peek by limping in. To assume all the A's are already dealt out is to assume that people only will play with an A in their hand which is not the case. I clearly remember one hand I was in where I had A's (along with a nice low so I did call a raise on puck) and there were 6!!! people in the hand. An A hit the flop. The board pair on turn was nice too but the A on river was even nicer. The person with a full house raising me also didn't hurt.However, I have folded A's to a raise in a situation where I don't have suits or low to go with them. Just hasn't happened often.