Poker Afetr Dark

i just found this out today, but you can watch the Poker After Dark episodes from last week and this week online at www.nbcsports.com/pokeri thought this was cool cuz its on past my bedtime lol, and sorry if this is already in another threadhope this helps sumone

yeah im not really a fan of it. HSP still seems like the best to me. Does anyone know when that other cash game is on. i think its called like Cash Poker or sumthing liek that.

Last week was very entertaining with Daniel, Gabe Kaplan, Mike Matusow, Doyle Brunson, & David Grey. This week there is a lot less table talk, asI suppose Jamie Gold is much less talkative vs. pros as he usually is vs. amatuers. I am interested in how he does against the pros - I know he cando very well vs. typical amatuer competition! Funny his first hand he tried bluffing out Doyle - it didn't work. I think he's a bit over his head this week.

Jamie gold is on this week (i missed last night not sure if hes still there) but i was jumping when he got owned by Doyle when he tried to bluff with 45

Worst.poker.show.ever. I'm not a huge fan of watching poker in the first place, I will watch some of the old wsop's , but this show is absolutely painful to watch. I actually put it on when I'm going to sleep.

It also helps if your TIVO skips an episode like mine did Monday.
That's weird, my DVR did the same thing. I thought maybe their wasn't a new one on Monday night. I can't stand Jamie Gold and love to see him make bonehead moves, whether it be on Poker After Dark or High Stakes. He has terrible timing (see the hand he checkraised Doyle when Doyle hit Broadway), and I'm still not sure how he won the WSOP. Allen Cunningham could take him 99 times out of 100.

But, how classic is it to see Doyle show Jesus a picture of his toy poddle on his camera phone.....Now thats a good poker show.

Last week was very entertaining with Daniel, Gabe Kaplan, Mike Matusow, Doyle Brunson, & David Grey. This week there is a lot less table talk, asI suppose Jamie Gold is much less talkative vs. pros as he usually is vs. amatuers. I am interested in how he does against the pros - I know he cando very well vs. typical amatuer competition! Funny his first hand he tried bluffing out Doyle - it didn't work. I think he's a bit over his head this week.
David Grey is one annoying individual. I had to fast forward the entire week of that show so I didn't have to listen to his stupid comments every three seconds.
David Grey is one annoying individual. I had to fast forward the entire week of that show so I didn't have to listen to his stupid comments every three seconds.
yeah, he is obviously trying to talk more to get camera time. at least once he wonders aloud "why he doesn't get invited to these things" so I think he is trying to make himself more of a character and its not working.in general, i don't think the show is that bad. the episodes with matusow are funny. it is better than WPT with just amateur luckboxes imo.

yeah, i agree, i think gold is a) not a terrible player B) not a complete *******. btw, I really, really, really hope GSN follows suit and posts the episodes of High Stakes Poker on its website. I don't get that channel but that show is far and away the best. especially with matusow. i like the hand where phil laak flops a K high flush and then matusow bluffs allin on the river with Q high. also the episode where they pay matusow 4k to keep playing, and then daniel looks at his watch and says matusow was going to leave "about 100 thousand ago".

yeah, i agree, i think gold is a) not a terrible player B) not a complete *******. btw, I really, really, really hope GSN follows suit and posts the episodes of High Stakes Poker on its website. I don't get that channel but that show is far and away the best. especially with matusow. i like the hand where phil laak flops a K high flush and then matusow bluffs allin on the river with Q high. also the episode where they pay matusow 4k to keep playing, and then daniel looks at his watch and says matusow was going to leave "about 100 thousand ago".
speaking of HSP. on one of the Poker After Dark episodes you catch the end of a conversation with Gus where he is saying Daniel should have layed down the river on the hand where they both flopped sets and gus turned quads. wow was that a sick hand. 600k down the tubessssssssssssssssssssssssss.two unluckiest players on season two HSP:1) daniel n. (the commentators have mentioned this a lot)2) antonio e. (for instance, he makes a great call against daniel with JJ on a Q board and loses 160k pot nonetheless).
He seems like a nice enough guy but yeah, talk about a guy with NO inner dialog! Every thought, no matter how random, just spilled right out of his mouth.I can't believe Daniel didn't walk over and slap him on the hand where DN flopped the 10-7 straight!!! Grey just would not shut up, even after Daniel told them to be quiet... "yeah that's how you would play 10-7 if you had it". Totally annoying and almost cost Daniel a BIG pot!
That's weird, my DVR did the same thing. I thought maybe their wasn't a new one on Monday night.
Sure it skipped it? My Tivo got it, but it looks like it started about 5-6 minutes late, so it seemed at first not to have recorded. Didn't miss much, anyway. It's not a particularly entertaining group this week.I don't mind the show in general, as I think some of the table talk from last week was interesting. They could get rid of the sporadic play-by-play/generally annoying comment announcer guy, though.

I like the fact that, unlike most poker shows that only broadcast 20 or 30 hands from a final table, this one shows the majority of hands from a nice deep slow SnG...it's the most like a home game that i've seen.Not all poker on TV should be giant all ins...this is showing the grinding poker style, a little more, I think.

You guys who don't like PAD are insane.In the first week, we had Gus and Huck talking, joking, telling stories. These are two of the most interesting characters in poker, but they hardly ever say a word, so this was special. How 'bout Huck casually mentioning that Yosh Nakano chasing him with a golf club? How 'bout Gus revealing that he was once Huck's roommate and he had a peice of Hucks World Series win way back before anyone in poker had heard of him?What about Steve Z and Annie telling the story about Howard Lederer in jail? Smuggling diamonds? This stuff would be entertaining even without the $120k tournament going on.As for David Grey, you must be crazy if you want him to talk less. Look at this week's episode with the 6 main event champs. There is such a lack of talking that it is awkward and almost painful to watch. Watch these guys and never complain about David again. Plus, Daniel is right, he's actually very funny. I loved his quip when Daniel was pointing out that Matusow wins a lot of coinflips. David goes, "yeah, he wins like half of 'em". HA!The one with the 6 ME champs is the worst so far, but Jrobb is right here:

But, how classic is it to see Doyle show Jesus a picture of his toy poddle on his camera phone.....Now thats a good poker show.
So classic! He even showed Shana the picture. I also liked how he said the dog has bitten 30 people. Not "a lot of people", but 30 specifically. I picture him keeping a tally on a chalkboard or something. Awesome. As bad as the atmosphere on this one, that conversation alone made it worth while.Since two of the three weeks have been highly entertaining, PAD is one of the best poker shows on TV. The only show I would definitely rank ahead of it is HSP.

I agree, besides HSP, and perhaps some WSOP events - early rounds - PAD is fantastic. Lots fof talk, minimal commentating, and simply the fact that they show a lot of blind steals and pre flop action. Gives a good sense of who's controlling the action etc. I could watch it for days. Just get rid of the cash bundles, fuucking annoying.

I agree, besides HSP, and perhaps some WSOP events - early rounds - PAD is fantastic. Lots fof talk, minimal commentating, and simply the fact that they show a lot of blind steals and pre flop action. Gives a good sense of who's controlling the action etc. I could watch it for days. Just get rid of the cash bundles, fuucking annoying.
werd on the cash bundles. is it just me or does it seem like some are 5K, some 3K and so forth. that is so hard to keep up with. Although, as fun as it was to see daniel and mike play, the hellmuth flipout in the first week, either real or contrived, was ****ING hilarious
werd on the cash bundles. is it just me or does it seem like some are 5K, some 3K and so forth. that is so hard to keep up with. Although, as fun as it was to see daniel and mike play, the hellmuth flipout in the first week, either real or contrived, was ****ING hilarious
they are all 5k. sometimes they throw them out there, and announce the amount they are betting...usually when they dont have the correct chips to make their bet. the dealer always gives them change though...