God Exists?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exist (in the personal, biblical form)?

• Yes
    • No

This will most likely be moved to the religion forum, where it will be filled with angry and hateful attacks from both sides that have been discussed about a thousand times before.I look forward to it.

This will most likely be moved to the religion forum, where it will be filled with angry and hateful attacks from both sides that have been discussed about a thousand times before.I look forward to it.
Obv in response to DN's blog, should be left here so we can find out who is reading it, believers or non-believers.
lol, QFT.
i don't hate

I believe there was a creator(how else did anything happen) but I dont believe it is the god that various religions potray. I dont believe in heaven and hell. And i dont believe what you do in this life effects any possible afterlife. However I do believe in common sence values that could be close to religous morals. Treat everyone I meet with respect until they give me a reason not to respect them. Try to help people who are down on there luck if they legitamly hard up and not just lazy beggars. Dont steal(exept from the cutoff :club: ). Only fight when defending myself. My guess is we are the product of extra terestrial genetic engineering but anything is possible. I dont think any diffrent of people with religous beliefs unless there beliefs involve affecting the lives of others. Nobody is right or wrong because we have incomplete information to what this life is all about.

My uncle landed at Normandy, fought the battle of the bulge and the battle for the bridge at Remmaggen. I also remember hearing him say to folks at times "there are no atheists in a fox hole". Not to sound judgmental, I am not (and rarely discuss religion) but it amazes me how many folks don't believe. Hopefully it wont take facing death to finally convince them. :club:

GlooscapZeusVishnuShivaGaea...There must be a God... we've created so many of them over the years, at least one must have survived. I mean no disrespect to the Christians here, or to any person of any faith. Anything that gives you strength, purpose, community and guides you to live a good life with respect and caring is OK with me. I don't need to think you are right, to think you're alright.

My uncle landed at Normandy, fought the battle of the bulge and the battle for the bridge at Remmaggen. I also remember hearing him say to folks at times "there are no atheists in a fox hole". Not to sound judgmental, I am not (and rarely discuss religion) but it amazes me how many folks don't believe. Hopefully it wont take facing death to finally convince them. :club:
so did God fail the people who died with your grandfather on those days? it amazes me you had to use a tramatic experience to describe ones faith in whatever you believe and then question others beliefs.
Just a simple question
Please recouch in terms of "higher power".For most of us the word "god" makes us cringe, but "higher power", I think we can all come to agreement on that term.And Negreanu, thank you for your candidness. We all support you, the world is going crazy, at least one person who is outspoken and out in the public eye has a head on his shoulders.
so did God fail the people who died with your grandfather on those days? it amazes me you had to use a tramatic experience to describe ones faith in whatever you believe and then question others beliefs.
Why do you seem annoyed at my post? Perhaps you missed the point or are someone who is struggling yourself with faith? This is an open discussion, and I am not judging or questioning, just simply adding my 2 cents.And I have no idea why so many died that morning, and throughout the entire WWII conflict. Who knows why horrible things happen. My point was many folks find God at the last possible moment. I have been in a few "will I make it?" situations in my life and know first hand that when you face the prospect of "meeting your maker it makes you meeker". As a young boy I didn't get exactly what my uncle meant by the little fox hole saying until later on when I survived those close calls. I used to waver a lot on the whole faith issue, and still do during really hard times. And that there are many doubters really does amaze me. Perhaps they'll just have to either get there (or not) when the time is right for them. I find it a little sad that it may happen under the worst of circumstances though, but if that's the case then better late than never IMO.

In order to say that there is no God, you would be required to know everything in the universe. Which would actually make you God.Good luck with the Middle East

In order to say that there is no God, you would be required to know everything in the universe. Which would actually make you God.Good luck with the Middle East
:club: God love ya Balloon!
But of course
Monty Python GOD!!!Creatorcopters!!!!!!!!! :D
In order to say that there is no God, you would be required to know everything in the universe. Which would actually make you God.
a christian can't use an agnostic position to invalidate atheism. double standard alert : )
This will most likely be moved to the religion forum, where it will be filled with angry and hateful attacks from both sides that have been discussed about a thousand times before.
i hate the belief, not the believer :club:

To an underdeveloped planet, any otherworldly effect would be considered divine.So using common sense, Jesus is obviously a creation of otherworldly means, since virgin births are possible now and no longer are considered a miracle.God is obviously a transmission from some otherworldy craft if it existed at all.There is my opinion.AoS

To an underdeveloped planet, any otherworldly effect would be considered divine.So using common sense, Jesus is obviously a creation of otherworldly means, since virgin births are possible now and no longer are considered a miracle.God is obviously a transmission from some otherworldy craft if it existed at all.There is my opinion.AoS
so jesus was an artificially inseminated alien/human hybrid? hmmm, interesting. that explains a lot.