Daniel,Your latest blog was unbelievable. Although you are always open and honest, I feel this blog brought it to a new level. I am a fan of yours, but lately, I have noticed vanity in yourr personality. Of course, I don't wanna be insulting you, but that's my opinion. I think your truthfulness in admitting this was truly admirable.After this blog, my respect for you has multipled.

Daniel.You made a few plays in Australia that didn't work out and, sure, they could have paid off. You had great odds in some of them, but you veered away from your small ball strategy. You regret some of the plays that you've made but look at what I just saw in the Aussie Millions:

1 minute agoLee Nelson Doubled Up Against Jimmy FrickeIn a classic race between the defending champion Lee Nelson and internet whiz kid Jimmy "Gobboboy" Fricke, Nelson pushed his entire stack of $218.5K and took A
:club:
Q
:D
to battle against Fricke's 5-5. Nelson flopped a Queen and doubled up and now has about $452K.

Now that everyone's in the money, these two each had about an average stack of just over $200k. The blinds and ante's are at $3k/$6k, $500. Both players had over 30x BB, one pushes with AQ suited (?) and the other calls with pocket fives (??). Each of these idiots, for lack of a better word, must have known that they were in a coin flip at best!Maybe they had a deal - big piece of the other's action - and they didn't mind doubling up one or the other?

I think vanity is a little harsh. Alot of confidence and possibly over confidence might be a little more reasonable. Understated, He is a great player. If any of us were a great player, with world-wide celebrity, the ability to call hands like he does on a regular basis, and liked by nearly all of his peers and poker fans, we'd likely walk around with an air of confidence, and more likely over confidence and arrogance. I doubt most of us would be so humble and vulnerable when things were going sideways. Professional athletes need to have extra confident in their abilities. That is how they get to where they are. The key is coming down to earth when they're not "in the game". Many pro's are unable to separate the two and too many amateur's (live & online) are the worst! *Remember the young anorexic-looking knob in the WSOP Main event trash-talking everyone at the table? That guy was/is the epitome of arrogance. The fact that Daniel is aware of his level of confidence just shows that he is not like the majority. He is a unique pro and an inspiration to all of us. Thanks Daniel!