Please Help Settle A Dispute

I'm sorry if this should be in the strategy section, but I thought I could get away with it in here. I got in an argument with a friend over a play made in a heads-up cash game. If anyone has time, we'd really appreciate some impartial comments on whether or not this was a good or bad play that Chantro made. Thanks.Just as some background, pricoli has been raising about 60% of his own big blinds. Dealer: Hand #1614010973Dealer: chantro posts the small blind of $0.50Dealer: pricoli posts the big blind of $1Dealer: You have been dealt [6s 5s]Dealer: chantro calls $0.50Dealer: pricoli raises to $3Dealer: chantro raises to $9Dealer: pricoli calls $6Dealer: The flop is [9s 7c 2s]Dealer: pricoli checksDealer: chantro bets $18Dealer: pricoli raises to $56Dealer: chantro raises to $115, and is all inDealer: pricoli calls $59Dealer: chantro shows [6s 5s]Dealer: pricoli shows [Jh Jd]Dealer: The turn is [2h]Dealer: The river is [8c]Dealer: chantro shows a straight, Nine highDealer: pricoli shows two pair, Jacks and TwosDealer: chantro wins the pot ($247.50) with a straight, Nine high

It was a 'great' play because you won. Whether it was a good poker play I'd say not really. The fact he re raised you post flop tells me he had a hand already. You were stretching a bit that you were willing to push your whole stack on a draw, knowing he must have had at least an over pair or nut flush draw to re raise. That's my opinion. some of the guys on here know a whole lot more and will be able to give you better insight. Bottom line is you pushed with a draw and hit it......good for you.

id say it was a decent play, ur about 50/50 post flop with 12 outs (9 spades, 3 8s) but half the time ur going broke there too

It was a 'great' play because you won. Whether it was a good poker play I'd say not really. The fact he re raised you post flop tells me he had a hand already. You were stretching a bit that you were willing to push your whole stack on a draw, knowing he must have had at least an over pair or nut flush draw to re raise. That's my opinion. some of the guys on here know a whole lot more and will be able to give you better insight. Bottom line is you pushed with a draw and hit it......good for you.
I love it when people call straight draw + FD just a draw. Its a draw that will hit 45% of the time. And its not like OP had a whole bunch of chips to play with, the raise was half his stack, anything besdies pushing is weak
I love it when people call straight draw + FD just a draw. Its a draw that will hit 45% of the time. And its not like OP had a whole bunch of chips to play with, the raise was half his stack, anything besdies pushing is weak
Like i said in my post, some people on this site know a lot more than I do. Obviously XXeddie does and wants to let me know in a not so cool way...thanks Eddie

questionable, i don't think its that bad. Once he raises you on the flop I would put him on an overpair which your almost 50 50 against. With all the money you've already put in and the slight chance he's bluffing, i like the move.

When I'm willing to put it all in on a draw like that I would checkraise the flop. If you lead and get raised like what happened, he can't get away. Pushing to 56 is an easier play for him than calling it. Gives you two chances to take it. For what it's worth.
i dunnois villian really folding getting 3-1???

Forgive me for dissenting and,perhaps, loving my money too much, but...Why raise the preflop raise? What if he repops? Are you seriously going to go all the way, esp preflop, with 56s?Next, it's a GUTSHOT str8 draw and who's to say he's not reraising with a couple of bigger spades? Call me conservative, but getting all your money in and you're still not a favorite is kind of dumb. But, hey, that's just me. The draw came and the guy won.

I'm sorry if this should be in the strategy section, but I thought I could get away with it in here. I got in an argument with a friend over a play made in a heads-up cash game. If anyone has time, we'd really appreciate some impartial comments on whether or not this was a good or bad play that Chantro made. Thanks.
I don't know if that is the optimal way to play the hand, but aggression very seldom is wrong heads-up, so I think it's ok.

I hate the repop preflop. He raised it 6xbb which is usually a sign of a weak player w/ 99-JJ.. (unless this has been the common raise during your matchup). I love your hand to crack something, but no reason to reraise and get knocked out before you get a chance to crack.From there on I don't mind any of the play. I like your larger bet and from there on your committed. Just remember even w/ this big hand your not guaranteed to win, it's gonna break 50/50, you got the good end this time.

He's not getting 3-1 if he's been checkraised on the flop. Check, he bets 18 into 18, pot 35, you raise to 56, he has a decsion to make. The way it played out he didn't have one. It was made for him already GETTING 3-1.
OP is the who who got check/raised
I hate the repop preflop. He raised it 6xbb which is usually a sign of a weak player w/ 99-JJ.. (unless this has been the common raise during your matchup). I love your hand to crack something, but no reason to reraise and get knocked out before you get a chance to crack.From there on I don't mind any of the play. I like your larger bet and from there on your committed. Just remember even w/ this big hand your not guaranteed to win, it's gonna break 50/50, you got the good end this time.
this was 100NL, meaning blinds are .50/1, $3 is standard

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the posts. For the record, it was me, not my friend, who played the hand. He called me an idiot, but having said that, he's a very novice player. I'll send him the link to this board now so he can check it out. Thanks again.

OP is the who who got check/raised
I need to go to the zoolander center for kids who can't read good. multitabling and trying to help with strat. Need more adderall.... Edit in progress.

I was playing poker last night, at 4:30am it was a friend and me heads up. At first I had a huge chip lead, but he was dealt AA and doubled up. with blinds at 300/600 (stacks about 3000 each) I was in BB with Q2. The flop was 6 4 J two hearts. I bluff all in and get called. I'm thinking "f********". But he has the 8h2h. So I'm actually a slight favorite: am only sweating one of the three 8s or a heart. blank, blank and i win it was awesome.***earlier in the game i had A6 and the flop came 6 4 3. i bet and get called. turn is a K and i check, he bets and i call. river is a 5. and he looks very unhappy with this card. i realize that he flopped two pair. so i move all in and he immediately folds. i showed him my hand and he got pissed off. in conclusion, i am a great poker player.