Just got home from playing some $1/2$ at a local poker room. I was totally card dead. I got there at 8pm and had only seen maybe two decent hands the entire night. The table saw that I was playing really tight and so I pushed my last small stack all in. Everyone noticed that and thought I had a big pair. Well, I had 7 6o and got called by AJ. Surely no help came for me. It was very frustrating sitting there and getting absolutely nothing. My question is how do you stop from getting frustrated at getting nothing for hours?

Define a decent hand. Perhaps you need to expand your definition of a decent hand. I was a tight player as a novice, and at some point, I had to expand what hands I'd be willing to play, and it paid dividends. You see more flops, you hit more flops, you win more pots.There are also other factors to playing a hand besides cards, such as position, and how you bet into the hand and bet postflop, plus knowing when to fold once you do, that can help you get into and win hands. None played exclusively can make you a consistent winner, but improving how you approach all these aspects can, rather than just hoping for better cards.

Define a decent hand. Perhaps you need to expand your definition of a decent hand. I was a tight player as a novice, and at some point, I had to expand what hands I'd be willing to play, and it paid dividends. You see more flops, you hit more flops, you win more pots.There are also other factors to playing a hand besides cards, such as position, and how you bet into the hand and bet postflop, plus knowing when to fold once you do, that can help you get into and win hands. None played exclusively can make you a consistent winner, but improving how you approach all these aspects can, rather than just hoping for better cards.
By decent hands I mean hands like KQs, middle pocket pairs, AKo, suited connectors etc. I do take everything into account such as position, table image etc. However, there is only so much I am going to try and do when I am getting hands like 7 2o, 8 2o, 9 3o dealt back to back for a few hours. Even when I did see a flop there was nothing there for me and I would have for the most part been betting into the nuts on bluff attempts. It was just a frustrating night.
Just got home from playing some $1/2$ at a local poker room. I was totally card dead. I got there at 8pm and had only seen maybe two decent hands the entire night. The table saw that I was playing really tight and so I pushed my last small stack all in. Everyone noticed that and thought I had a big pair. Well, I had 7 6o and got called by AJ. Surely no help came for me. It was very frustrating sitting there and getting absolutely nothing. My question is how do you stop from getting frustrated at getting nothing for hours?
Story of my life cuhh.

Consider it part of the learning experince, like my $500 bet instead of $50 on a 2/5 game on FT, you can only learn by experince, mine was I know I shouldnt play til 5am, now I dont play past 2am, sh%$ happens in poker ALOT!! It's almost 6 and have to be at class by 9 this is also part of the learnign experience, lol.

Assuming you were play NLHE by that statement You probably need to open up your game a bit. When I first started playing NL I played too tight as well but once you learn you loosen up a bit you will do much better.
After you play about an hour without a hand make a big steal attempt in late, how can they not believe you?
Because they are not paying attention to little details like that.
what a dumb post.
play more. get used to it.good poker is often "hours of boredom punctuated with seconds of outright terror."
Nice post. Get in the water. Now.