First Trip To Vegas Since 1997

I am going to Vegas next weekend for the first time in almost a decade. I am going Sat 20 through Tuesday 23rd.Itineary so far....We are staying at the Monte CarloMy wife is a Hair Stylist so she is going to be at the Redken Show Sun night, Monday and Tuesday.Saturday we will probably just cruise around check out the town, she has never been. Sun Morning I am playing golf with a friend who lives there, not sure where yet, but I asked him to keep the greens fees to under $100. Sunday night we may go see Zumania or Penn and Teller, not sure yet. Any suggestions on those two?Monday I am playing in the $175 buy in No Limit Tourney at the Venetian, anyone played/done well in this?Monday night I am taken my wife to Aureola for dinner and some good wine.Tuesday is completely open, and we fly out late that night.I plan on playing cash games at night while my wife sleeps, since she has to basically work during the day, at the Monte Carlo from what I've seen it seems like a good poker room. ANyone played there.Any suggestions/info would be great.

Sounds like you got it all planned out. I like playing at the Mirage, the Venetian and Ceasars. I never played at the Monte Carlo except the big Wheel Of Fortune slot machine. I know it is the biggest waste of money and completely -ev but that silly set up is so much fun.

the wheel of fortune slot machines confuse the hell out of me
How, beside your basic 777 slot they are the absolute most simple out there. You get a Spin. You hit the but and the get the denomination the wheel lands on...Thats it.Its not like the 5 lines 10 way cartoon machines where you have no idea if what you did was good and if you won..

The wheel of fortune machine at the Monte Carlo is different. It has like 10 slots in a huge circle with a big wheel in the middle, similar to the game show. The big wheel spins when you land on certain things... trust me, it is extremely entertaining.

See Zumanity, your wife might like it and you definitely will enjoy yourself. Never seen Penn and Teller. Then again, it's only my second day living in Las Vegas so I have NO CLUE what I'm talking about. Good Luck.

I am going to Vegas next weekend for the first time in almost a decade. I am going Sat 20 through Tuesday 23rd.Itineary so far....We are staying at the Monte CarloNice place, good locationMy wife is a Hair Stylist so she is going to be at the Redken Show Sun night, Monday and Tuesday.Saturday we will probably just cruise around check out the town, she has never been. Food ideas...Noodle bar at Bellagio, Little Buddah at the Palms, Joes at Ceasars, Mesa Grill Ceasars, Lux cafe at Venitian...too many good places but those come to mind for meSun Morning I am playing golf with a friend who lives there, not sure where yet, but I asked him to keep the greens fees to under $100. Sunday night we may go see Zumania or Penn and Teller, not sure yet. Any suggestions on those two?The 'O' show and Mystere are supposed to be the best Cirque shows. Blue Man is weird fun, Penn is o.k., Carrott Top is an idiot but we laughed our assses off at that oneMonday I am playing in the $175 buy in No Limit Tourney at the Venetian, anyone played/done well in this?Monday night I am taken my wife to Aureola for dinner and some good wine.Good stuffTuesday is completely open, and we fly out late that night.I plan on playing cash games at night while my wife sleeps, since she has to basically work during the day, at the Monte Carlo from what I've seen it seems like a good poker room. ANyone played there.Go over the MGM for poker since you are right across the street.Any suggestions/info would be great.
You almost cant lose finding good food. GL have fun! :club:
bunny ranch? they do couples too...
i've been to vegas 7 times and never been to the bunny ranch. seems like a place every tourist should visit once just to say they have. i also haven't been to the grand canyon and it's close to LV.damn gambling keeps getting in the way

just got back from vegas and stayed at the monty carloit has a decent poker roomthe play was very tight.. they are running a freeroll tournament in march for players who have played over 40 hours. almost every player at my table was there just trying to get their 40 hours in and playing extremely tight. dude on my right played a total of 2 hands in 3 hours in which he raised big preflop.i too got suckered into the big wheel of fortune game

avoid Penn and Teller at all costs. I went with my wife and were completely disappointed, they did about 5 tricks the whole show and the guy just blabbed on between them. Monte Carlo poker room is great, very friendly and low on skill.

Venetian tournament is decent structure for the buy-in and the room is REALLY nice. Don't expect a crowd though. It was under 30 people when I played it in Oct.Mystere is good but if you've seen other Cirque shows I wouldn't bother. I'd go to O given the chance though I've heard Zumanity is good.Vegas is now probably the number 3 or 4 food town in the U.S. so there are plenty of good places to eat.

i stayed at monte carlo last time i was in vegas. I like it cuz they didnt card me 1 time in the pokeroom! (im 19, was 18) . Its small and comfy, good dealers. rake is 3 max at the 1/2 NL game, 200 max buy in. They offer high hand jackpots with no additional rake, 2 people won 500 each at my table when i was playing. w/e u do DO NOT play poker at the stratosphere. EVER!111

I stayed at the Monte Carlo in October. good hotel lousy Card room.MGM is right across the street and has a very nice cash game the 2/5 game is really soft. I played there most nights.the Venitian tourney has a ok structure but on had 30 or 40 players.good luck and hope you do well.

might want to rethink the venetian poker tourney as they have changed the structure for the noon tourney. its no longer a $175 tourney(with your rebuy) but now its $105 total with 20 min rounds instead of 30 minutes :club: . the 8pm still has the old buyin and structure though but sounds like youll be busy that night. might want to try caesrs noon $130(better than the new venetian noon structure but not as good as the old. or try a a $130 sattelie to the bellagio $540(2 get seats at a stt) or if you can wait till tuesday the Wynn $330 is the best. if your looking for a cheap lunch one day in and out burger is the best. i think the bellagio buffet is the but the wynns is close.

Thanks for your replies everyone, they are very helpful especially who told me about the change in the Venetians tourney. I just may go check out Caesers noon tourney. SOunds like 50/50 for the Monte Carlo poker room. Since I will most likely be playing late at night, I probably will play there out of ease unless I am uncomfortable. I am going to play 1-2 NL or 2-3 NL cash. May go 2-5 if I do well, but I usually play too tight for that game as I usually need $500 to be comfortable sitting 2-5, if I buy in less than that I just play too damn tight.I'll check out the noodle bar and maybe the Mesa Grill. I am a big fan of Bobbt Flay, so I would like to try one of his resturaunts.Thanks again, I will try and give a deatiled trip report when we get back. I have been so swamped at work I think this is one of my first posts in months, I also have not played poker in a month and half so it will be interesting.

There is a plethera of fun things to do in Vegas, but Carrot Top...way high on my list.
Bingo baby! The guy was just stupid funny...cracked us up for all the wrong reasons. You will laugh.El, regarding Mesa Grill....just fantastic. They also have an white apple martini that my wife got that is as addicting as they get. You wont be dissappointed. Noodle bar is the nutz too.Have fun! :club: