Alright so I have had this problem a few times lately. I've been playing .25/.5 NL on stars. And I find that when I have AQ in the blinds and someone comes in for a raise I've been smooth calling flop comes ragged player bets and I fold it. I feel this play is too weak. Any tips on this?

Alright so I have had this problem a few times lately. I've been playing .25/.5 NL on stars. And I find that when I have AQ in the blinds and someone comes in for a raise I've been smooth calling flop comes ragged player bets and I fold it. I feel this play is too weak. Any tips on this?
Occassionally 3-bet preflop and lead any flop.Occassionally call and check/fold.Occassionally call, and check/raise with no piece. He continuation bets as much as anyone else, and often times you'll knock him off a slightly better h and, or be bluffing with the best hand when he fires again with KQ or AJ etc.Wang
Occassionally 3-bet preflop and lead any flop.Occassionally call and check/fold.Occassionally call, and check/raise with no piece. He continuation bets as much as anyone else, and often times you'll knock him off a slightly better h and, or be bluffing with the best hand when he fires again with KQ or AJ etc.Wang
This is pretty well dead on. Against an especially tight player, I don't hate a fold.

Try to figure out how your hand compares to the range of the raiser. If he's positionally aware, take that into consideration.So AQ may merit a fold if your opponent raises UTG but a re-raise if he raises from the button.

Try to figure out how your hand compares to the range of the raiser. If he's positionally aware, take that into consideration.So AQ may merit a fold if your opponent raises UTG but a re-raise if he raises from the button.
With that hand I like a 3x re-raise here to punish the thief if Villain is raising in late position often. We don't know where we're at by calling. At a minimum we slow him down and are likely ahead anyway. When he calls the 3x re-raise (which shouldn't be more than 33% of the time unless he's a calling station.) I like a c-bet 50% of the time here to keep pressure on him and keep him guessing. It won't take long for him to leave you alone with middling hands. Once you've got him trained and reacting to you instead of visa versa we should switch gears and tighten up. We know he will.... So just stay ahead of him on the training curve...