Daily Double Jackpot Starts Tonight

Some people have sent in e-mails already, so I thought I would explain how the jackpot works to clear up confusion. For details and daily updates on the jackpot, you can go to http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/dd Every night at 9:00pm and 9:02pm EST, there will be two $10+$2 tournaments on Full Tilt. The juice is $2 because $1 of every entry goes into the jackpot for the next night. Playing in both of them makes you eligible for our Daily Double Jackpot, which is starting at $10,000 tonight. To get a piece of that jackpot, you can: -Win both tournaments and get 75% -Make two final tables and get 20% (or share 20% if someone else makes both final tables) -Cash in both tournaments and share 3% with anyone else who cashes in both. -Have the best average finish in both tournaments, and get 2%. If you finish 4th in one tournament and 8th in the other, your average finish would be 6th. It is possible to tie here also, in which case you would share the 2%. Also note, you can win more than one prize. If you win both tournaments, you will get paid for winning both, making both final tables, cashing in both, and being the best finisher. Making deals of any kind is strictly prohibited. You can't simply buy people off to put yourself in better position for the jackpot. If you play, I strongly suggest you play both tournaments, or else you will be contributing to the jackpot with no chance of winning it.

So basically FTP will get 75% (and probably 95%) of the extra rake every night since it's very unlikely someone will win both?
Someone needs to look up the definition of a progressive jackpot:Look for these nightly $10 + $2 tournaments at 21:00 ET and 21:02 ET. You must enter both tournaments in order to qualify for the Daily Double, and $1 from each entry fee goes toward the next day's progressive jackpot.This means that even if someone wins part of the jackpot, there will still be plenty of additional prize money to play for the next day. So if you have what it takes to win two tournaments at the same time, you could be our first jackpot winner.
So basically FTP will get 75% (and probably 95%) of the extra rake every night since it's very unlikely someone will win both?
I think the Jackpot rolls over. Kind of like a bad beat jackpot. It will be darn hard to win that's for sure.

hey doug, assuming this promo is a success, i hope to see a $100+15 (or whatever it shoul dbe) promo of the same nature for the bigger buyin players... that'd be fun.

Someone needs to look up the definition of a progressive jackpot:Look for these nightly $10 + $2 tournaments at 21:00 ET and 21:02 ET. You must enter both tournaments in order to qualify for the Daily Double, and $1 from each entry fee goes toward the next day's progressive jackpot.This means that even if someone wins part of the jackpot, there will still be plenty of additional prize money to play for the next day. So if you have what it takes to win two tournaments at the same time, you could be our first jackpot winner.
I didn't click on the link because I really don't care either way. Thanks mom

I don't want to dilute this thread with it, but I'd be glad to talk about it elsewhere.The statement is pretty unfair. First of all, no players on our site were scammed. A player had his Pokerstars account hacked, and the hacker negotiated a Stars for Full Tilt Transfer to launder the money. A legit high stakes player received $25,000 on Stars and sent $25,000 to a Full Tilt Account, where the hacker proceeded to play high stakes and negotiate more transfers to his Neteller account.We are actively investigating the case, and I've personally been in contact with the victim, even though he's not a Full Tilt regular and his Full Tilt Account was not involved.Again, if you want to go into more detail, let's make a different thread.

back on topicYou have 2 tournies running back to back for each night soooooooIf I play in both tournies each night but win the first one and don't cash in the second one, then tomorrow, I win the second one but don't cash in the first one, I don't receive the bonus.......yes?

back on topicYou have 2 tournies running back to back for each night soooooooIf I play in both tournies each night but win the first one and don't cash in the second one, then tomorrow, I win the second one but don't cash in the first one, I don't receive the bonus.......yes?
Good question GWC, but you only get a piece of the jackpot for cashing in both tournaments in the same night.Good luck,Doug
Some people have sent in e-mails already, so I thought I would explain how the jackpot works to clear up confusion. For details and daily updates on the jackpot, you can go to http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/dd Every night at 9:00pm and 9:02pm EST, there will be two $10+$2 tournaments on Full Tilt. The juice is $2 because $1 of every entry goes into the jackpot for the next night. Playing in both of them makes you eligible for our Daily Double Jackpot, which is starting at $10,000 tonight. To get a piece of that jackpot, you can: -Win both tournaments and get 75% -Make two final tables and get 20% (or share 20% if someone else makes both final tables) -Cash in both tournaments and share 3% with anyone else who cashes in both. -Have the best average finish in both tournaments, and get 2%. If you finish 4th in one tournament and 8th in the other, your average finish would be 6th. It is possible to tie here also, in which case you would share the 2%. Also note, you can win more than one prize. If you win both tournaments, you will get paid for winning both, making both final tables, cashing in both, and being the best finisher. Making deals of any kind is strictly prohibited. You can't simply buy people off to put yourself in better position for the jackpot. If you play, I strongly suggest you play both tournaments, or else you will be contributing to the jackpot with no chance of winning it.
I guess I don't understand.
Good question GWC, but you only get a piece of the jackpot for cashing in both tournaments in the same night.Good luck,Doug
Does the jackpot amount apply to the consecutive tournies on the same night?meh, I suck at reading, or in FCP-speak.....ISAR

For example:Tonight's jackpot starts at $10,000. Let's say 800 people play each tournament.Someone will get 2% of the jackpot for best average finish. 2% of $10,000 is $200.A bunch of people will split 3% for cashing in both tournaments. 3% of $10,000 is $300.If someone makes both final tables, they will get 20%, but let's assume that doesn't happen tonight.Jackpot started at $10,000, and we're paying out 5% ($500) of it.$1,600 will be added to tomorrow night's jackpot, or $1 from everyone who played in a tournament tonight.So tomorrow night's jackpot will be $9,500 + $1,600 = $11,100. There are four ways to get a chunk of the jackpot, and all of them involve doing well in both the 9pm and 9:02pm tournament in the same night.Make sense?

um...why wasnt it mentioned that these tourneys actually have a good structure??? you would have gotten a lot more people from here playing if you told us that you get 2k in starting chips, and added the 10/20 level. Good to see a smaller buyin tourney having a good structure!

um...why wasnt it mentioned that these tourneys actually have a good structure??? you would have gotten a lot more people from here playing if you told us that you get 2k in starting chips, and added the 10/20 level. Good to see a smaller buyin tourney having a good structure!
Good point!You get $2,000 starting chips, AND we added a 10/20 level!
link or explain please?
sorry for the delayed respones, check 2+2 HSNL forum, although i know ftpdoug is an upstanding guy, so take his word for things.erac