It's Cold

We're in need of a chinook here in southern Alberta. I've left the house 3 times in the last two weeks - one of which to buy a snow blower.
You don't have a job? I'm assuming the other two times were for church. correct?
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess the movie selection isn't the worst part about Iowa.   -17 actual temp right now. Wind chill significantly worse.

"Nah." - Florida in reply to topic title

currently negative 2. they say it feels like negative 20, but i wouldnt know, i havent been outside in days. 

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
I'm beginning to think that living in Iowa is a bad idea. You may remember this thread from this past summer, and now it's winter and Iowa is winning on the opposite end of the spectrum.uschill.gifClick me.This map is LIVE surface temperatures, including wind chill
Iowa is again the coldest place on the map. How is this possible? Does anyone understand topography enough to be able to explain to me why this is?
  • 2 weeks later...
fawwk. Its gonna get down to -20 again here this weekend. This is the worst winter here in 13 years.
that means we will get cold again 3 days from now. Todays the 1st day we have been above 0
that means we will get cold again 3 days from now. Todays the 1st day we have been above 0
I plan on taking down that 50 million dollar 6/49 jackpot tommorow so I can leave the country from November 1st to May 1st ever year till I drop dead.
I plan on taking down that 50 million dollar 6/49 jackpot tommorow so I can leave the country from November 1st to May 1st ever year till I drop dead.
hey I have that winning ticket, but I tell you what I will buy you a trip to Vegas every year with a entry into the WSOP ME if I win lol
  • 11 months later...

Golfed again yesterday, but I had to wear pants. Well I didn't have to because most of the other golfers weren't, but I am a thin blooded wimp, so pants for me.A/C on in the car on way home.I do love Palm Springs

Iowa is again the coldest place on the map. How is this possible? Does anyone understand topography enough to be able to explain to me why this is?
Center of the continent / little to no impact from oceanic warming influences.That's why San Diego is almost always 72 degrees F
  • 1 year later...
IOWA!
You could go spend a couple weeks in North Dakota. It would make Iowa look positively balmy.
You could go spend a couple weeks in North Dakota. It would make Iowa look positively balmy.
uschill.gifThese are always current... even if the thread is bumped months from now. It's a rare day when ND is colder than us.
  • 2 weeks later...