It's Cold

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess the movie selection isn't the worst part about Iowa.   -17 actual temp right now. Wind chill significantly worse.

"Nah." - Florida in reply to topic title

currently negative 2. they say it feels like negative 20, but i wouldnt know, i havent been outside in days. 

Posted Images

I am a native Floridian. Orlando is the furthest north I have lived. Right now, I am in Kansas City, KS.. OMG... I didn't know what cold was until today. This is unbelievable. How do you people deal with this?
Gonna be 80 here today, wtf were you thinking when you decided to go to KC?
I am a native Floridian. Orlando is the furthest north I have lived. Right now, I am in Kansas City, KS.. OMG... I didn't know what cold was until today. This is unbelievable. How do you people deal with this?
I went to Iowa State for college, and it's in the handbook that if the windchill get below -50 then classes are canceled. They canceled classes probably 8-10 times in my four five years.
I don't think this is right, I'm near Indy right now and there is no way it is anything lower than 25 right now.
It's a wind chill map.

It's cold. My windows must be the worse windows ever. Right next to my bed are these large windows, but they let in so much cold air that I basically freeze all night long. You know, because it's so cold.

...and it said the wind chill was 0, but there is no way it was below 15.
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.
  • 2 weeks later...

When I left the house this morning, I thought it was a little chilly, but I'm just a wussy... since it's only -37.

I'm used to the cold, and I find that it feels good. Checking the temp in KC it shows 11 degrees...it get much colder than that the farther north you go.I actually wish it was 11 degrees here in Illinois because a frozen pond or lake makes a happy aadams_22
now if carbondale would get a minor league hockey team...
WTF? Where do you live, Pluto?
Is this Heaven? No... it's Iowa.uschill.gifIt's only -34 now.
now if carbondale would get a minor league hockey team...
I have talked with the mayor of Carbondale on more than one occasion regarding an ice rink. He told me the only thing holding it up is an investor willing to front the money to build it. I know with all of the kids from Chicago and St. Louis at SIU that the rink would go over extremely well.
I'm not sure what that map exactly shows....I guess "Surface Wild Chill" and "Real Feel" are not the same. The map says -35 here.
I'm not sure either really.The forecast says it's -20 with the wind chill here. But the map says -31 right now. Who knows, I just know it's fuckin cold!!