2007 Australian Open

Okay, so now I'm caught up again and can venture into this forum again.Serena Williams has been a true surprise.Gonzalez has as well. I truly didn't believe he would be able to continue to play that well. Gonzalez beating Nadal sucked for me. Wonder if he'll be able to continue it through the next match and into the match with Federer. If he can, his match against Federer could be very very interesting.Clijsters/Sharapova next. Go Kim!

I'm sick of roger federer, I wish andy roddick wouldn't be such a retard. stupid. go tommy haas

I might have to watch the womens final now...
She's been playing well. She says she's rusty but she's hitting the ball harder than ever. Like 110mph regularly. However, I don't think she's got quite enough steam to put down Maria Sharapova tonight.
Does anyone want to take Federer 5:1 against Fernando Gonzalez?
I think that is too much risk for too little reward. Federer is the best ever and is playing well, but Gonzalez has been playing unbelievably well this tournament. I think he only has about a 10-20% chance to beat Roger, but that means there isnt much profit on either side of your bet.As for the women's final, this might be the biggest matchup in years. Serena was the past champion and is trying to make a comeback. Maria is the current and future #1 in tennis if things keep going the way they have. They are by far the 2 biggest names in tennis also(assuming Venus keeps sitting out). It's too bad almost no Americans watch tennis, because these should be two great matchups.
She's been playing well. She says she's rusty but she's hitting the ball harder than ever. Like 110mph regularly. However, I don't think she's got quite enough steam to put down Maria Sharapova tonight.
So... you wanna take that back?Complete domination.

I played tennis today for the first time in 7 years.Yeah, I haven't lost anything. Still a good first service and well...thats about all. I couldn't hit a backhand if you paid me to. At least I sweateded.

So... you wanna take that back?Complete domination.
It was complete domination and I'm glad it happened that way. I think the WTA needs a clear #1 and they just don't have it right now. The WTA hasn't had a truly great champion since Serena left. I hope she continues to play like she's been playing cause it can only be good for the WTA and for players like Sharapova who need to be challenged to raise their game.