Cost Of Living In Vegas?

I was wondering if anyone knew how pricey it was in LV. Stuff in general and apartments. What would a studio cost that wasnt a slum. I found some that were around 350 and looked really nice. Im not looking to TPMM but Vegas sure as hell beats shitty Arkansas, for a single 28 yr old. If im buying coke and hookers here I might as well be in Vegas.

I was wondering if anyone knew how pricey it was in LV. Stuff in general and apartments. What would a studio cost that wasnt a slum. I found some that were around 350 and looked really nice. Im not looking to TPMM but Vegas sure as hell beats shitty Arkansas, for a single 28 yr old. If im buying coke and hookers here I might as well be in Vegas.
I just moved out here. Anything for 350 bucks a month, is going to be in a shitty neighborhood, and the internet pics are no justification for what these things really look like. Reconsider if you plan on only spending 350 a month for a place. Unless you don't mind carrying a gun at all times. LOL I don't know about a gun, that was a joke, just saying plan on spending more than 350 a month.

I came from California. The cost of living out here is a lot cheaper than california. I am not sure what the cost of living is where you're at. But in cali, you need to spend about 1700-2k a month for a descent place. Out here for about 900-1100 you can get a nice 1 bed room apartment.

oh yeah the cost of living here is insanly cheap. average rent for people is probably 600$ a month. Gas 2$ a gallon, Mcdonalds #1 is like 3.99 even tho i dont eat mcdonalds much. Cigs are 3.50 a pack. so its fairly cheap. My best friend went to fullerton and 4 ppl split a 4 bedroom apt for 900 each haha, now hes moved back and pays 375 a month here for a decent apt. is the crime rate there higher than average with all of the tourists? Alot of them are "dead money" id assume.

Heeled, it's like any big city, there are areas that are nice, there are areas that you have bars on your windows and wouldn't want to walk outside at night. The nicer the area, the more you're going to pay. There are some REAL bad areas in vegas, but there are also some real nice areas. Generally, the closer you are to the strip, the worst the neighborhood, as you get farther away, you find nicer places. Generally. I live about 20-25 minutes from the strip in a town called Summerlin. It's a nice neighborhood.

I live in van buren, but have several buddies in Fayettville, was there last night actually. Im about 40 min from there.
Yep...know the place well. Ate at "Big Jakes" a couple of days ago.Dont serve beer though.... a big minus there. Otherwise pretty good....

yeah Crawford is dry and it sucks, I work at a golf course and we arent allowed to sell beer, we would increase our profits 10% a year easy if we could have liquor, then we could put a restaraunt in it.

yeah Crawford is dry and it sucks, I work at a golf course and we arent allowed to sell beer, we would increase our profits 10% a year easy if we could have liquor, then we could put a restaraunt in it.

You should hook me up with a job there. Im sure everyone needs a Roy Mcevoy golf golf pro on their hands. Not to mention I was class president in high school. Thats my line that I use on the women. Did I mention im single and 28?

Yep...the bible belt in actionYou'll love Vegas as long as you dont hit the pitfalls that its known for. Dont even have to say gambling, drinking, etc do I? Traffic sux... but you'll learn the areas to avoid after a while. As far as expensive, it depends on the location. The economy is kinda in the tank as far as housing right now, so shop around and dont be afraid to haggle. Theres a lot of places sitting vacant, including brand new homes that the builders have had to rent/lease to stay afloat.The climate is pretty close if you trade the extreme Nevada summer heat for the terrible Arkansas humidity. We spend the summer and winter back and forth between the two for a little relief and change of pace.Mesquite is a few miles NE of Vegas and is kinda a "sleeper" town with a lot less headaches to deal with. Boulder City is real close by too...check out the whole valley before you commit. Go for it... you just might like itYou'll either stay forever or be back in a few months.... its not for everyone.Good luck to ya sir

I lived there a long while. Vegas has been a hotbed of new residents for 20 years and the formerly low cost of living is now catching up to people. Expect to pay $800-1000 a month for a nice 1 bedroom place. Studios are very tough to find: they're simply not built out there. Anything cheap is probably in the slums and crime is pretty dangerous there.Bills are also a factor. Your power bill will always be insanely high, like $150-200 a month in the down periods, with the bill going way up during summer due to air conditioning. And you cannot do without A/C: the 110 degree summers will kill you without A/C.You need a car, of course, and traffic is pretty bad at times, though often the streets are clear. Be careful, though, as drivers are faster and more reckless. Plus, the heat will cause an older car problems.

I lived there a long while. Vegas has been a hotbed of new residents for 20 years and the formerly low cost of living is now catching up to people. Expect to pay $800-1000 a month for a nice 1 bedroom place. Studios are very tough to find: they're simply not built out there. Anything cheap is probably in the slums and crime is pretty dangerous there.Bills are also a factor. Your power bill will always be insanely high, like $150-200 a month in the down periods, with the bill going way up during summer due to air conditioning. And you cannot do without A/C: the 110 degree summers will kill you without A/C.You need a car, of course, and traffic is pretty bad at times, though often the streets are clear. Be careful, though, as drivers are faster and more reckless. Plus, the heat will cause an older car problems.
car insurance is another factor...we live in a not-so-nice neighborhood and our insurance tripled from florida to here. also, the power bill isn't nearly as bad as you say...we live in a 2 bedroom with a kid and run the washer/dryer/dishwasher 24/7 with multiple computers/tvs/etc on, and the highest power bill we've had is 140...120 is pretty average, even in the summer. traffic's never been a problem for me, either, at least compared to the towns i lived in in florida. it flows pretty well for being a big city, and you don't get the 2-3 hour traffic jams you do in a los angeles or an atlanta. drivers certainly are faster and more reckless here though.all in all, don't expect more than a box next to the salvation army for 350/mo.