Wsop 2007 Satellites

I haven't never been out to the WSOP before, but am thinking about going this year. What I was wondering is what the satellite situation is like. I am fairly sure they have 1 table satellites to most of the Hold'em events, but I was wondering if they also have satellites to some of the other events (i.e.. Stud, HORSE, Omaha 8). Any information from those of you who have been there would be helpful. Thanks.

Satellites run all the time and you win $500 lamers that can be used to enter events. The satellites are usually always NLHE, but the lamers can be used for any event or you can sell them to others that are looking to buy them. They will aos have MT and single table satellites if you are looking for a ME seat.

A friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer: Do online sites run sats for the smaller events, like the $1500NL events?Mark

A friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer: Do online sites run sats for the smaller events, like the $1500NL events?Mark
I know FT was last year and I'm sure others will. However, I have not heard the latest on the WSOP not letting 3rd parties (i.e. Poker Sites) register players for events, supposedly you would have to register and pay yourself.

I heard that the online entries were not going to be as easy this year. Something about restricting the ability to sign up via an online provider. In summary, you would need to get your money from the site and sign up in person.I am not sure if this is accurate, but it sounded reasonable when it was told to me.

Here is what I know about online sats: First, Harrah's came out and said that they were not going to allow 3rd party registrations for WSOP events. Then after the publicity about the new online poker bill passed, they came out and said that their policy had always been to not allow 3rd party registrations so this wasn't a new policy it had always been like that. (so in essence saying nothing had changed) So if nothing has changed, then we all should be ok.It seems to me like Harrahs overreacted when the law was passed, then realized nothing would change probably for them, and tried to recant without looking like they overreacted.Mark

Satellites run all the time and you win $500 lamers that can be used to enter events. The satellites are usually always NLHE, but the lamers can be used for any event or you can sell them to others that are looking to buy them. They will aos have MT and single table satellites if you are looking for a ME seat.
You win $500 lamers?? So does this mean that the sattelites are $100-$200?? Im interested in trying to win those $500 lamers, so any info could be helpful.
You win $500 lamers?? So does this mean that the sattelites are $100-$200?? Im interested in trying to win those $500 lamers, so any info could be helpful.
If I remember correctly, the buy-in was $225 and they were single table. 3 lamers ($1500 in tourney dollars) and some cash is in the pot. Usually it gets chopped when 2 handed, people will always ask when 3 handed. The deals will vary, just try to get into satellites that you know you have an advantage in - just look at the players heading to the table. You can bail if you see too many faces you recognize. I sat with a bunch of pros for one and it sucked. Cool to play and talk with them, but generally a waste of money when I could have been playing against any number of the sunglass wearing crowd waiting in line with a better chance of winning.Remember too that you can sell them to other people, You may have to take a little hit, but its still easy cash. People will pay close to face for them, others will try to low ball you on offers.
If I remember correctly, the buy-in was $225 and they were single table. 3 lamers ($1500 in tourney dollars) and some cash is in the pot. Usually it gets chopped when 2 handed, people will always ask when 3 handed. The deals will vary, just try to get into satellites that you know you have an advantage in - just look at the players heading to the table. You can bail if you see too many faces you recognize. I sat with a bunch of pros for one and it sucked. Cool to play and talk with them, but generally a waste of money when I could have been playing against any number of the sunglass wearing crowd waiting in line with a better chance of winning.Remember too that you can sell them to other people, You may have to take a little hit, but its still easy cash. People will pay close to face for them, others will try to low ball you on offers.
OOHHHHHH, so its more like giving 3 lamers to the top place or the top 2 splitting them. I thought u mean it was 1-3 all get 1 lamer a piece. I understand a deal can work out like that, but im assuming if no deals are made its pretty much stacked at 1st?Thanks for the help Socrates

I played in a 10 top NL sattelite, winner takes all. It was the cheapest of the sattelites, $125. I was the lucky girl who was sitting with a bunch of really drunk guys who were going all in every hand with junk and lucking out... one or two drunks at a table is cool but 6 friends who are drunks... not cool. Anyway, the winner got a $1000 Tournament token and I think $50 or $100 in cash.

OOHHHHHH, so its more like giving 3 lamers to the top place or the top 2 splitting them. I thought u mean it was 1-3 all get 1 lamer a piece. I understand a deal can work out like that, but im assuming if no deals are made its pretty much stacked at 1st?Thanks for the help Socrates
You would be correct. The structure is fast so there's no room for play at the end. You'll just end up in a shove fest if you try to play it out.