Apple Redefining The Cell Phone

http://www.apple.com/iphone/Just ran across that this morning. iPod technology infused with OSX into a cell phone.This is seriously a nice little machine as far as i can see. i wonder how much this baby will cost when it comes out. moreover, i wonder exactly how much battery life this thing will have.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/Just ran across that this morning. iPod technology infused with OSX into a cell phone.This is seriously a nice little machine as far as i can see. i wonder how much this baby will cost when it comes out. moreover, i wonder exactly how much battery life this thing will have.
some more info here: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/todays-...-macworld-2007/
The 4GB iPhone will go out the door in the US as a Cingular exclusive for $499 on a two-year contract, 8GB for $599
from this articlebut right now I have no need for it.I already own an Ipod and another MP3 player, a PSP, and a laptop, how much does someone need? lol
but right now I have no need for it.I already own an Ipod and another MP3 player, a PSP, and a laptop, how much does someone need? lol
i own an ipod and would still use that for MP3 and video playback since the iphone only holds 4-8GB, and i'm a multimedia buff. however, the rest of the features completely have me spellbound. i do believe this will be my next cell.and let's face it, the PSP web browser has got to be the most awkward thing in the world. :club:
i own an ipod and would still use that for MP3 and video playback since the iphone only holds 4-8GB, and i'm a multimedia buff. however, the rest of the features completely have me spellbound. i do believe this will be my next cell.and let's face it, the PSP web browser has got to be the most awkward thing in the world. :club:
true but to spend another $500 on it is not worth it and there has never been a time when i needed to access the internet that importantlyBTW It was said today that cingular will be offering no discounts on it :D

That phone runs OSX, which is based on BSD, which is a free operating system. Long live free software!! Its a Unix phone and that should mean Linux desktops will be easier to connect to it than WIndows desktops. Windows is going down!!kneel.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad it costs more then a very decent Desktop PC. And it will only be carried by Cingular. And Cisco patented the name i-phone 5 years ago and will get a huge settlement off of Apple for using the name anyway.

i think life is becoming far too organized and technology is becoming far too important in our daily lives.if i want an mp3 player i will buy one. if i want a phone, i will buy one. if i want a camera i will buy one.one company dominating all 3 markets is bad.

That phone runs OSX, which is based on BSD, which is a free operating system. Long live free software!! Its a Unix phone and that should mean Linux desktops will be easier to connect to it than WIndows desktops. Windows is going down!!kneel.gif
HIGHFIVE.death to newbs
i think life is becoming far too organized and technology is becoming far too important in our daily lives.if i want an mp3 player i will buy one. if i want a phone, i will buy one. if i want a camera i will buy one.one company dominating all 3 markets is bad.
You passed on the Apple stock years ago...we get it.
I am just glad we have Apple stock.
I don't know. It's been going downhill steadily since last week and is currently 1.71 in the red. Of course I know nothing about stocks and maybe this is normal for Apple, and other major companies.
as you type this on an internet forum on your computer.