Troyomac Just Got A Slightly Used Couch

at UCSB... people would take out the old couch, put it in the street or nearest park and light that bitch up... just a suggestion...
at SIU it would be in the middle campus lake with about 20 freshman trying to use it as floaty, all the while getting hammered and yelling anti-Creighton slogans
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump for Doug, who hates couch threads. And a story about couches... One of the first things I did after getting married and becoming respectable was to go out and buy a couch. Not a used couch, but a brand new, large, fluffy couch. I had a good job and had no problem getting credit. Yes, that's how cool the couch was... I needed credit to buy it. I enjoyed the couch for a couple of years. Then after reuniting with my mother who I had not spoken to for 7 years, I decided to move. I moved into a larger place, but it had smaller doors. Unfortunately, my lovely couch would not fit through the door. My brother was in need of a couch and had the door necessary to get my couch into his apartment. (barely) So I spent a couple years away from my couch. In that time I bought a new house and some land. I dreamed of my couch and just knew that it would fit through my door now, but how can you ask for the couch back? I decided it was better to share the couch and just suffer along with the old junky couch I was using in the interim. Then lo and behold, my brother gets a new job that requires him to relocate. This new job is going to pay his moving expenses and give him an advance! Well of course he wants his own new couch now and tells me I can have my couch back! Yes, oh happy days! So I drive to Atlanta, get my couch and again it just barely fits through my door. I have a very large front door. Most doors are 3 feet wide, mine is 3'6" and my couch still had to be twisted and turned to fit through. But it did go through, and now... finally... my couch and I are reunited. Oh glorious Sundays watching football, oh glorious late nights watching the WSOP on the ESPN. Long live the couch!

Bump for Doug, who hates couch threads. And a story about couches... One of the first things I did after getting married and becoming respectable was to go out and buy a couch. Not a used couch, but a brand new, large, fluffy couch. I had a good job and had no problem getting credit. Yes, that's how cool the couch was... I needed credit to buy it. I enjoyed the couch for a couple of years. Then after reuniting with my mother who I had not spoken to for 7 years, I decided to move. I moved into a larger place, but it had smaller doors. Unfortunately, my lovely couch would not fit through the door. My brother was in need of a couch and had the door necessary to get my couch into his apartment. (barely) So I spent a couple years away from my couch. In that time I bought a new house and some land. I dreamed of my couch and just knew that it would fit through my door now, but how can you ask for the couch back? I decided it was better to share the couch and just suffer along with the old junky couch I was using in the interim. Then lo and behold, my brother gets a new job that requires him to relocate. This new job is going to pay his moving expenses and give him an advance! Well of course he wants his own new couch now and tells me I can have my couch back! Yes, oh happy days! So I drive to Atlanta, get my couch and again it just barely fits through my door. I have a very large front door. Most doors are 3 feet wide, mine is 3'6" and my couch still had to be twisted and turned to fit through. But it did go through, and now... finally... my couch and I are reunited. Oh glorious Sundays watching football, oh glorious late nights watching the WSOP on the ESPN. Long live the couch!
I'm sure your ass thanks you for it. :club:
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Florida on vacation when this thread started, I am sorry I missed it. How is your used couch working out for you Troyomac? I got a couch from my sister a couple months ago but its not comfotable at all. Might have to get rid of it just because its to short and I really like to sprawl out on the couch. Anyways plan on having updates from couch sleeping this weekend. Have a dart tourney tommorow that lasts all day long, I am sure I will sleep on a couch tommorow night. Then for the Super Bowl I might be staying at wherever the party is at and probably on a couch there too.

• 1 month later...
couch004ei0.jpgWell, here it is. After having it for a couple months now, here are my thoughts on the couch:It's pretty ugly.It's not very long, making it hard to sleep on.The arms are uncomfortable to lay your head on (too high, and hard)It's ok to sit in, I often eat supper sitting on this couch.It was free, and so I still love it.
couch005xp3.jpgThis is a chair I bought after I moved out.My thought's on the chair:The seat, and arms are really comfortable.The back still needs worked in a bit, it's still a little uncomfortable.The back isn't soft like the rest of the chair because it has the massage thing built in.The massager only kneads and in the same spot which gets a little tiresome.I could have bought a more comfortable chair, for a cheaper price, which I regret, but now I know for next time.

The pic is of the solid slate table I made, but in the background you can see the greatest couch in the world. Perfect for watching TV, sleeping or sexxing. Work is so boring today.deantableai0.jpg

i'm moving into my own apartment in a few weeks. will suck wang for a couch. j/k....not really, but seriously...
**ziiiip**BTW, hope you have a big door... my er-hmmm "couch" is quite large.
Very very sexy couch canuck.. that looks like the pinnacle of comfortness.
Thanks, it sits about 15 feet away from the 65" toshiba we bought when rear projection was the nuts. The table top slides towards the couch for eating. It's a solid piece of slate that weighs about 250lbs. We built this house to allow for this "Bonus room" above the garage. I like.
  • 2 weeks later...

St. Patrick's Day Couch Experience UpdateGot to my buddies house at about five in the morning, after the after bar party. I fell asleep in bed with two girls and woke up four hours later on my buddies leather couch with my pants around my ankles. I dont really know exactly what happened but I am guessing that since its right next to the bathroom, I went and took a piss then just fell onto the couch when I was done. Worst part was that my buddies mom woke me up and I was laying there in my undies.The couch was extremely comfortable though.